Response Audio now offering 220V exclusive products

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 13 May 2005, 07:28 pm »
Greetings,
  With recent increases in inquiries for 220v custom products, I am now offering a few of our products for some countries with 220/230 line voltage. We have already done some Jolida products with the Reference JD801-Remote being the latest piece sent to Australia.

The following products are now available for international use.

*EXtreme ASL Hurricanes and Monsoons
*Reference ASL 1005-DT
* Jolida Reference 801
* Jolida Signature & Reference 3205

These products will obviously be built on a special order basis with the ASL products taking an additional 10 days to build as we have to order them with different transformers.

Rocket

« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2005, 11:59 pm »
hi bill,

amazing what a stronger australian dollar can do.  i remember when it was .48us.

best of luck.

regards rod

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2005, 03:26 pm »
I do agree rocket. It still seems like those interested are usually the well-to-do as the shipping charges for some of these products is outrageous. Shipping a Jolida JD801 to Australia is $400+ (Expedited 7 day delivery). I have not yet checked on shipping a pair of 70 lb. Hurricanes but would imagine well over $600-$700.

There are some countries that I will stay away from while others I am interested in entering into their market.
 I am hoping that my current international customers will help spread the word. Word-of-mouth is the absolute best advertising but also the slowest.

Rocket

« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2005, 12:42 am »
Hi Bill,

Hifi in australia is very expensive and we typically pay at least double the price you do in the states.

I use usps priority mail (not express post) as dhl/fedex have to pay additional customs fees and costs are passed on to the customer.

regards rod