Minimum Room Size for X4 and X5.

Fbczar

Minimum Room Size for X4 and X5.
« on: 28 Nov 2021, 08:10 pm »
My room size is 15x16.5x8. It is well treated acoustically. If the speakers are placed 3’ from the front wall they will be 8.5’ from the main listening position. The speakers can be no closer together for home theater than 9’, but could obviously be moved closer together for music.  Due to home theater placement considerations I am told the M3 Sapphire or something like the Magneplanar 3.7i are a no go. Given the room dimensions and placement limitations can X5’s or X4’s perform optimally in my room?
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2021, 09:31 pm by Fbczar »

Ozspace

Re: Minimum Room Size for X4 and X5.
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2021, 09:11 pm »
My room size is 15x16.5x8. It is well treated acoustically. If the speakers are placed 3’ from the front wall they will be 8.5’ from the main listening position. The speakers can be no further apart for home theater than 9’. Due to home theater considerations I am told the M3 Sapphire or something like the Magneplanar 3.7i are a no go. Given the room dimensions and placement limitations can X5’s or X4’s perform optimally in my room?

There are some very knowledgeable people on AudioCircle who comment on the Spatial Audio threads, and you may well get the answer you are looking for from one of them.
May I suggest however, that this is a question which you might want to put straight to Clayton, together with a couple of photos of your room.
After I sent that sort of material to Clayton, he was terrific in helping me to choose the right speaker for my room, listening preferences etc.

I could not speak too highly, about how good he is to deal with - lots of other people posting on AudioCircle have found the same thing.

All the best,
Paul.