Randog's 1801's

Darren Thomas

Randog's 1801's
« on: 6 Apr 2003, 11:54 pm »
Well, here they are as I listen to Norah Jones... man these things are smooth.  :mrgreen: I gotta build myself a pair soon.

Al Garay

Randog's 1801's
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2003, 01:25 am »
Excellent job. Actually, superb.

Randog will be very happy.... We'll be seeing that leg humping very soon.

Al

PS. I can't wait to have my finish redone.  I have the entertainment center ready for the speakers. I still need to paint my roman column stands.
I ended up buying a 34" widescreen Panasonic yesterday. I can't wait to let it loose.

David Ellis

• http://www.ellisaudio.com
I like it!
« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2003, 02:28 pm »
Very good use of the white walnut Darren!

randog

Randog's 1801's
« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2003, 03:14 pm »
Darren,

:drums: Great job! I can't wait to see and hear them in person.

I get so excited seeing these pics... in fact... I feel... uh... uh!

Randog

jackman

Randog's 1801's
« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2003, 04:58 pm »
I think they look really bad!  However, I'd be willing to take them off your hands for a couple hundred bucks...just kidding.  :wink:  They are like a work of art.  I have a matte finish on mine but that glossy laquer looks very rich.  

Excellent work.  The only problem is that you will NEVER be satisfied with commercial speakers again.  

Let us know how you like the sound.

Jman

Darren Thomas

Randog's 1801's
« Reply #5 on: 7 Apr 2003, 07:51 pm »
Randog:

That animated gif is too much!!!!!!  :mrgreen:

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: Randog's 1801's
« Reply #6 on: 8 Apr 2003, 04:45 pm »
Quote from: Darren Thomas
Well, here they are as I listen to Norah Jones... man these things are smooth.  :mrgreen: I gotta build myself a pair soon.

Those look great!

byteme

Randog's 1801's
« Reply #7 on: 7 May 2003, 06:54 pm »
All I can say is - wow!  Speakers as art!  Man, am I ever glad I stumbled across Audio Circle.  My wallet and wife aren't necessarily as happy but I sure am!  I may be needing to replace speakers next year and these are very high on my list!  Along with GR Diluceo's.  Would love a chance to hear either of them.  Main reason for the choice is the opportunity for Darren to make some enclosures for me!  Man, that is impressive!  It would be a crime to use grills with anything you make!

Darren Thomas

Randog's 1801's
« Reply #8 on: 7 May 2003, 07:00 pm »
Quote from: byteme
All I can say is - wow!  Speakers as art!  Man, am I ever glad I stumbled across Audio Circle.  My wallet and wife aren't necessarily as happy but I sure am!  I may be needing to replace speakers next year and these are very high on my list!  Along with GR Diluceo's.  Would love a chance to hear either of them.  Main reason for the choice is the opportunity for Darren to make some enclosures for me!  Man, that is impressive!  It would be a crime to use grills with anything you make!

Thanks man, I sure enjoy the responses from my customers and the people here. Nice to have fans of my work  :mrgreen:

I'll be finishing up a pair of Diluceo's in heavy curly maple with 45 degree beveled edges...they should be quite stunning. They will have a beautiful oil/lacquer finish to boot. I can't wait to hear them and share the pics with you guys.

Darren

byteme

Randog's 1801's
« Reply #9 on: 7 May 2003, 09:31 pm »
Thanks man, I sure enjoy the responses from my customers and the people here. Nice to have fans of my work  :mrgreen:

I'll be finishing up a pair of Diluceo's in heavy curly maple with 45 degree beveled edges...they should be quite stunning. They will have a beautiful oil/lacquer finish to boot. I can't wait to hear them and share the pics with you guys.

Darren

Darren,  I'll be very interested to see those!  I've been trying to gain budgetary approval  :wink:  by emailing my wife pictures of different speakers I find compelling.  She really likes the "look" of the Diluceo's MTM design.  Right now we've got Polk RTA11tl's which I've heavily modified but I think before long they are going to be the weak link, in fact, they may be now!  At any rate, we've recently redone our first floor and now have maple cabinets everywhere.  I think the WAF would go way up if we could get speakers done to match.  Now I just have to find some way of listening to all these!!