RMAF 2014 - Tell Us Where To Go (Tyson & Pez)

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: RMAF 2014 - Tell Us Where To Go (Tyson & Pez)
« Reply #20 on: 6 Oct 2014, 04:15 am »
These guys look interesting

http://www.burwellspeakers.com/#!

Anyone have a link to the list of exhibitors by room number? Can't find it on the new site...  :(

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #21 on: 6 Oct 2014, 04:21 am »
These guys look interesting

http://www.burwellspeakers.com/#!

Anyone have a link to the list of exhibitors by room number? Can't find it on the new site...  :(

Those look amazing - added.  Thanks!

weatherman1

« Reply #22 on: 6 Oct 2014, 05:37 am »
Go the bottom of the exhibitors page and you can download an XCEL spreadsheet of rooms and what they are bringing to the show.

marflao

« Reply #23 on: 6 Oct 2014, 08:05 am »
I´d like to know your "verdict" (and pics of course) of LHLabs Pulse & LPS combo (as well as of their Wave DAP prototype). ;-)

Maybe they also show their new cables (SPDIF, AES/EBU).

Rooms 1110, CanJam

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Ohaaa....just read rule #3....ok.....this disqualifies the visit ;-)
« Last Edit: 6 Oct 2014, 12:38 pm by marflao »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: 6 Oct 2014, 12:33 pm »
Not this year.
Surprising since there will be a new speaker released. 

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #25 on: 6 Oct 2014, 01:18 pm »
The Salk Exotica 3 IS a radical departure.  It has not a single driver element common to any other previous Salk speakers.

It is darn well worth a visit unless your ESP can write it off without listening to it, a fairly common ability around here.

Frank Van Alstine

SoCalWJS

« Reply #26 on: 6 Oct 2014, 02:10 pm »
Wow, lots of replies already!  Thanks so far :)  I'll answer each person in turn:

Raidho, meh.  Heard them at least 3 shows now and always not impressed.

Interesting. I thought the Raiho X-1's at THE Newport sounded pretty good - especially for their size. When I saw the price, I understood why.  :o

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #27 on: 6 Oct 2014, 02:13 pm »
Interesting. I thought the Raiho X-1's at THE Newport sounded pretty good - especially for their size. When I saw the price, I understood why.  :o

The price is what it is because Raidho gives 75 points dealer margins.

Tyson

« Reply #28 on: 6 Oct 2014, 03:52 pm »
The Salk Exotica 3 IS a radical departure.  It has not a single driver element common to any other previous Salk speakers.

It is darn well worth a visit unless your ESP can write it off without listening to it, a fairly common ability around here.

Frank Van Alstine

Surprising since there will be a new speaker released. 

Well, to be frank, we won't be going to either of those rooms because we know (and like) the people running them, and so we have been every other single year we've done RMAF.  And every single year it's good sound but not great sound (IMHO), and it's awkward to do a write up.  As people, I want them to succeed, but as a listener, I'm not compelled.  So, best to avoid the whole situation and move on to other stuff.  And I don't want you to feel singled out - Von Schweikert and Bryston have also fallen off, along with any rooms using YG Acoustic speakers (another personal friend), the Nordost room, and anything from Harman or Dynaudio.  Even really excellent rooms have fallen away because we've already heard them enough to know what it's gonna sound like, such as the Estelon room, the Triode Electonics room, and the Zellaton room.  Hell, I think even the TAD room is probably gonna be a skip this year. 

And guess what?  Next year, even more rooms will fall off our list.  Too much to see/hear and not nearly enough time.  My ESP cannot tell me if I should write off the Exotica 3.  But it CAN tell me that I won't be hitting your room this year.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #29 on: 6 Oct 2014, 03:58 pm »
Hell, I think even the TAD room is probably gonna be a skip this year.

And guess what?  Next year, even more rooms will fall off our list.  Too much to see/hear and not nearly enough time.  My ESP cannot tell me if I should write off the Exotica 3.  But it CAN tell me that I won't be hitting your room this year.

If it's setup by Andrew Jones and uses all TAD electronics it'll always be worth hearing as a reference, but with other people's gear and setup I can understand skipping it.

Gopher

« Reply #30 on: 6 Oct 2014, 04:00 pm »
Check out Bruce Brown's display in Room 8000 which will have a Lampi DSD dac as part of a setup along with the new Cavalli Liquid Gold Headphone Amp and the Abyss Headphones.  :thumb:

Tyson

« Reply #31 on: 6 Oct 2014, 04:21 pm »
If it's setup by Andrew Jones and uses all TAD electronics it'll always be worth hearing as a reference, but with other people's gear and setup I can understand skipping it.

Yes, every year Andrew's room is among the very best at the show.  So, worth hearing because: awesome.  But we've kind of been-there done-that.  So a likely skip.

Check out Bruce Brown's display in Room 8000 which will have a Lampi DSD dac as part of a setup along with the new Cavalli Liquid Gold Headphone Amp and the Abyss Headphones.  :thumb:

Already added based on a suggestion earlier in the thread.  I just updated the list on the front page, so it's more clear what is the most current set.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #32 on: 6 Oct 2014, 04:34 pm »
Check out the Naim room for the Ovators. Really curious about that upscale BMR driver they use.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #33 on: 6 Oct 2014, 04:57 pm »
Yes, every year Andrew's room is among the very best at the show.  So, worth hearing because: awesome.  But we've kind of been-there done-that.  So a likely skip.

Looks like they skipped RMAF this year anyway, I don't see TAD on the exhibitor list at all and a search turned up nothing for TAD.

rocker9999

« Reply #34 on: 6 Oct 2014, 05:27 pm »
Can you check in with Eric Hider and DB Audio labs ?
What's going on with his new DSD dac?

christopher3393

« Reply #35 on: 6 Oct 2014, 05:30 pm »
Vinnie Rossi LIO launch in CANJAM Room?

http://vinnierossi.com/configure-lio/

Don_S

« Reply #36 on: 6 Oct 2014, 05:36 pm »
Looks like they skipped RMAF this year anyway, I don't see TAD on the exhibitor list at all and a search turned up nothing for TAD.

Zesto and TAD are frequently paired.
Zesto Newsletter says TAD will be in Room 1117 with their Evolution One Speakers.

Room 1117 list: Zesto, WyWires, TAD, Merrill-Williams

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: 6 Oct 2014, 05:46 pm »
Well, to be frank, we won't be going to either of those rooms because we know (and like) the people running them, and so we have been every other single year we've done RMAF.  And every single year it's good sound but not great sound (IMHO), and it's awkward to do a write up.  As people, I want them to succeed, but as a listener, I'm not compelled.  So, best to avoid the whole situation and move on to other stuff.  And I don't want you to feel singled out - Von Schweikert and Bryston have also fallen off, along with any rooms using YG Acoustic speakers (another personal friend), the Nordost room, and anything from Harman or Dynaudio.  Even really excellent rooms have fallen away because we've already heard them enough to know what it's gonna sound like, such as the Estelon room, the Triode Electonics room, and the Zellaton room.  Hell, I think even the TAD room is probably gonna be a skip this year. 

I'm not speaking about the Salk room but I've been to the Tweek Geek room previously too.  However, considering the speaker that will be shown this year is something new and designed by one of the Colorado Audio Society members I would have thought you would at least poke your head in.  Oh well. 

sts9fan

« Reply #38 on: 6 Oct 2014, 06:09 pm »
No cables or DAC huh?

517   WyWires, LLC
Iris    WyWires, LLC
1017     Wireworld Cable Technology
1125     Antelope Audio

OzarkTom

« Reply #39 on: 6 Oct 2014, 07:00 pm »
Don't miss the Zellaton room, the best at Munich for the last two years. And everyone goes to Munich.

Also check out the Vaughn speakers with their plasma drivers. Audio Beat rated this room as the best last year at RMAF.