Selling a balanced TAP X -- does it have four autoformers?

Nils

Hello!  I am selling a TAP X on agon and got a question about the # of autoformers.  The balanced units are fully balanced and have 4 slagleformers, correct?  I think I mightve asked for too little money! :)

Thanks!
-- Nils

WireNut

Re: Selling a balanced TAP X -- does it have four autoformers?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2014, 06:15 pm »
A balanced Tap-x will have 4 slagleformers. I believe they cost about $900.00 each.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2014, 06:15 pm »
yes

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2014, 06:20 pm »
A balanced Tap-x will have 4 slagleformers. I believe they cost about $900.00 each.

I thought they cost about $475 each or $1900 for a fully balanced unit.   :scratch:

See my build link on this forum for details.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=118082.0

Best,
Anand.

WireNut

« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2014, 06:23 pm »
Right, I think a NEW balanced unit sells for about $2250.00 now. Wish I owned one.

A balanced Tap-X with a tube amp and high efficiency loudspeakers, Oh yeah.
I'd sell off all my stuff for a system like that.

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback
« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2014, 06:37 pm »
Hello!  I am selling a TAP X on agon and got a question about the # of autoformers.  The balanced units are fully balanced and have 4 slagleformers, correct?  I think I mightve asked for too little money! :)

Thanks!
-- Nils

Nils, no you certainly are not!  :wink:  (That's all I have Nils, I am "Tapped" out!)

orientalexpress

« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2014, 06:39 pm »
Right, I think a NEW balanced unit sells for about $2250.00 now. Wish I owned one.

A balanced Tap-X with a tube amp and high efficiency loudspeakers, Oh yeah.
I'd sell off all my stuff for a system like that.
I'm currently run my system that way with KT88 mono block with Quad57  :o,i also run it with DAC amp with my sp tech ,that also blow my mine  :D.But i have a hard time find the right phono stage with enought gain for the tap-x ,but that will change after a few DIY phono stage i just build. :thumb:

lapsan

Nils

« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2014, 06:47 pm »
Thanks so much for the responses!

I am downsizing from my triamped custom Magnepan setup to something more suitable for my new tiny house.  The TAP X is a very special preamp but I don't like owning stuff I don't use.  :)

Thanks!
-- Nils

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2014, 07:12 pm »
I'm currently run my system that way with KT88 mono block with Quad57  :o ,i also run it with DAC amp with my sp tech ,that also blow my mine  :D .But i have a hard time find the right phono stage with enought gain for the tap-x ,but that will change after a few DIY phono stage i just build. :thumb:

lapsan
Boozehound works fine as does the K&K that Anand built. 

orientalexpress

« Reply #9 on: 27 Oct 2014, 07:49 pm »
Boozehound works fine as does the K&K that Anand built.
i just build a boozehound,i'm a little confuse regarding hooking up weed wacker battery to a charger,my lithuim battery charger have 2 post a negative and positive post.the battery have 3 post 2-positive and 1-negative post.I'm waiting for a fellow AC post some picture how to hook this up,plus i almost complete the Salas phono njfet kit just waiting for some parts from canada to arrive. :thumb:

TomS

« Reply #10 on: 27 Oct 2014, 08:27 pm »
i just build a boozehound,i'm a little confuse regarding hooking up weed wacker battery to a charger,my lithuim battery charger have 2 post a negative and positive post.the battery have 3 post 2-positive and 1-negative post.I'm waiting for a fellow AC post some picture how to hook this up,plus i almost complete the Salas phono njfet kit just waiting for some parts from canada to arrive. :thumb:
The Salas FSP works fine with my balanced Tap-X.