YAI (Yet Another Introduction)

Beerbellydad

YAI (Yet Another Introduction)
« on: 3 Dec 2020, 03:24 pm »
Hello! As many introductions here, I've been lurking a long time and finally decided I should speak up.

Like some of you, I'm sure, I was steered into the direction of GR-Research through NewRecordDay. For me it was a YouTube stumble (and time afforded by the pandemic) that reminded me how much I love the active listening of music. Many moons ago, I majored in Music in college with a focus on music recording. Though I didn't have the chops to make it in the professional music industry (or am a little lazy  :wink: ) I still place great importance into having good sound.

My first system was given to me as a hand-me-down from my brother when I was 10yo (??) or so and it was only recently that I realized that having sound systems in multiple rooms in the home is not most peoples' normal. My current Klipsch system is fine and (I think) well-tuned, it's time to invest in an upgrade.

Y'all seem like genuine and helpful people and I look forward to being a part of the community.

Conrad

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: YAI (Yet Another Introduction)
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2020, 03:38 pm »
Welcome to AC!

Danny's Tech talks onand upgrade of the RP 600M on NRD is how i got here too. Esp since that was a speaker I was definitely looking around this time last year,

Its been a fun journey!

Definitely looking forward to your thoughts and impressions on how your upgrade compares to your current system!  :thumb:

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #2 on: 3 Dec 2020, 04:07 pm »
I’ve been following Danny for around 12 years now.  All of my speakers are his designs. 

Basically, you’ve come to the right place!  :thumb:

Creative cut designs

« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2020, 06:31 pm »
I stumbled upon this as well and so glad i did,i asked Danny for his opinion and with the size of our great room he said to look into the xstatiks but my wife and I didn't think pulling them out 3 feet away from the wall would work  and the center channel wouldn't fit on our mantel so i built the av3's  i love them and can only imagine how good the xstatiks sound.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 3 Dec 2020, 07:37 pm »
Welcome and be warned, I built my first pair of Danny's speakers (X-LS Encores) seven years ago. I currently have five pairs in my house ranging from the LGK 1.0 desktop monitors to the NX-Otica MTM/Dual servo sub system. Five other members of my family also have Danny's speakers now. Well, I only have so many rooms in my house ...  :dunno:

Beerbellydad

« Reply #5 on: 3 Dec 2020, 08:31 pm »
I stumbled upon this as well and so glad i did,i asked Danny for his opinion and with the size of our great room he said to look into the xstatiks but my wife and I didn't think pulling them out 3 feet away from the wall would work  and the center channel wouldn't fit on our mantel so i built the av3's  i love them and can only imagine how good the xstatiks sound.

My eyes are on the X-statics and X-Voce - I've been inching my speakers into the room since June inure my better half. By the time I get them built, she should be completely accustomed to speakers floating in the ether.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 3 Dec 2020, 10:41 pm »
I just got my hands on a pair of older AV123 X-Statik.
You're going to be in for a real treat! :thumb: