Krell + 2014 Acura RLX

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
Krell + 2014 Acura RLX
« on: 17 Apr 2013, 05:08 am »
- I had posted this in the Cars & Bikes circle, and just realized I should have posted it here instead.......

My surprise to get audio news out of a car magazine : Krell teams up with Acura for a optional high end audio system exclusive to the RLX. 

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2012/11/30/first-listen-2014-acura-rlx-krell-audio

Is it just me, but I don't note enough praise for the sound of the system in this article......

Far as I can make out from the Acura web page, it's a $2,500 option, with "Krell designed" speakers and amps.  I suspect it's more on the amp side (Krell has done some speakers, I don't think any use in-house designed / manufactured drivers).  Also disappointing that they seem to be 50W jobs - not the mega power Krell is usually associated with.

Anyway - good marketing move for Krell to get some more name recognition - but if the RLX sells as slowly as the RL, probably won't bring too much more awareness.

Anyone heard any of the "premium boutique" audio systems? I.e. Lexus / Mark Levinson, Porsche / Burmester, Bentley / Naim, Range Rover / Meridian, Aston Martin / Linn (now B&O), Hyundai / Lexicon, maybe Audi / B&O (though I think of B&O as euro-Bose).  Are any of these worth the extra money?

medium jim

Re: Krell + 2014 Acura RLX
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2013, 05:20 am »
I guess the auto industry has figured it out that there are many of us who love a really good sound system in their vehicles....

Jim

Austin08

Re: Krell + 2014 Acura RLX
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2013, 06:22 am »
Mark Levinson and Lexus sound awsome.