Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers are really nice.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Re: Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers are really nice.
« Reply #220 on: 12 May 2013, 11:11 pm »

Donald

« Reply #222 on: 12 May 2013, 11:16 pm »
Picked up another set at Fry's when they were on sale. Took the earlier pair I bought my son and just for kicks, inverted it on top of the other ones so I had a stacked pair for each channel. Definitely took the level up a notch or two. In addition, increased the overall playback db level available for larger spaces. Still imaged well and now you could "almost" feel the bass. (sub still rec.) However, would not take much to topple over. Not recommended with little ones or pets around unless found a way to permanently stabilize.

After a listening session in a secondary system, kinda hate to give his pair back to him.  :duh:

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #223 on: 12 May 2013, 11:33 pm »
Those are the older model 21.

My bad, I didn't pay enough attention because I thought the 21s were all gone.  :scratch:

doggie

« Reply #224 on: 13 May 2013, 02:04 am »
SP-BS22-LR on sale online from Best Buy for $99 right now with free shipping...

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #225 on: 13 May 2013, 04:32 am »
SP-BS22-LR on sale online from Best Buy for $99 right now with free shipping...

Best Buy Link...

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #226 on: 13 May 2013, 03:20 pm »
Also check the store availability tab, they are in stock at that price at two of the three stores in my area.

I'm not really sure about the online sale price policy at BB, I believe they offer the same price on the sales floor as online?  Unlike WalMart who's online price is never honored in the store.

charmerci

« Reply #227 on: 13 May 2013, 05:27 pm »

I'm not really sure about the online sale price policy at BB, I believe they offer the same price on the sales floor as online? 

You can buy them online and pick them up at your local store. (Where I am, one pays tax either way.)

Cacophonix

« Reply #228 on: 13 May 2013, 05:50 pm »
Frys has them for $77 a pair.

raysracing

« Reply #229 on: 13 May 2013, 10:49 pm »
I pulled the trigger this am and got them for $99 (Thanks for Best Buy link lonewolfny).

I got home, played half of a Dianna Krall song on my regular speakers then the same song with the out of box BS22's.  What can I say?  They blow me away on her vocals and the bass effect seemed lower than it is on the double bass line. WIll be up late tonight now I bet.

Danberg

« Reply #230 on: 13 May 2013, 11:11 pm »
Also, "thanks Lonewolfny," I also saw your Best Buy link this morning ans ordered a pair!  When I receive themI will give a reply on how they sound to me.  Looking for a decent sounding pair of speakers to go with my computer. 

djbnh

« Reply #231 on: 14 May 2013, 10:03 am »
These are coming up as $129.99.

srb

« Reply #232 on: 14 May 2013, 03:21 pm »
These are coming up as $129.99.

Yes, the  $77 price is listed on the Weekly Page 2 print ad, but online it is listed for $129.99.

There isn't a Frys in my city, so yesterday I called them and asked if I could order them online for $77.  I was told yes, we could place the order over the phone as there is no mechanism available to get the sale price ordering online.

I received the order verification yesterday and the shipping notification this morning.  I was charged $77 (free shipping) + $5.47 sales tax (there are two Frys stores in my state) for a total of $82.47.

They are expected to arrive on Friday.

Steve

djbnh

« Reply #233 on: 14 May 2013, 11:02 pm »
Steve, was nice of you to take the time to explain, thanks so much.

djbnh

« Reply #234 on: 14 May 2013, 11:39 pm »
Just called over to Frys, did not have the same experience as Steve.

I 1st was told that I could not get the $77 price, that it was an in-store price only. I explained that I'd just read that someone else had gotten the special price via calling in. Was put on hold for 5 minutes. Was subsequently told that the warehouse now has none in stock, and that the item was at the sale price but subject to availability.

However, Fry's ad does not say "subject to availability" for the Pioneer speakers; it does for other items.  :scratch: Anyone else having this issue?

bummrush

« Reply #235 on: 15 May 2013, 12:05 am »
I have mne horizontal  on top of my Clements.Very clean and super easy to hear everything in the recording.They take a good blast of power and still sound super at low volume.

raysracing

« Reply #236 on: 15 May 2013, 02:33 am »
I will need to build some speakers stands for mine. Have you all any thoughts on height of this speaker and do they sound best flat or with a few degrees of tilt?

Reread thread. 24" stands.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2013, 01:05 am by raysracing »

raysracing

« Reply #237 on: 16 May 2013, 01:11 am »
Oh my. Did I just push my $999 speakers back to put $99 in their place?

Really love them on string instruments. I am listening to assorted pieces by János Starker.Not at high volume, but I get an occasional and short, sharp buzz. Not sure what it is yet.

Flyquail56

« Reply #238 on: 16 May 2013, 01:32 am »
Just called over to Frys, did not have the same experience as Steve.

I 1st was told that I could not get the $77 price, that it was an in-store price only. I explained that I'd just read that someone else had gotten the special price via calling in. Was put on hold for 5 minutes. Was subsequently told that the warehouse now has none in stock, and that the item was at the sale price but subject to availability.

However, Fry's ad does not say "subject to availability" for the Pioneer speakers; it does for other items.  :scratch: Anyone else having this issue?

You might try Best Buy if you have one nearby.  When I purchased mine back in March at BB, they matched Fry's sale price. But it took me about 15 minutes of two salespeople and two managers scratching their heads over it. The fact that the Fry's weekly special price was 77.00 and the regular listing for the BS22's showed 129.00 at the same time seemed to have them all discombobulated. So, like your phone conversation with Fry's, it's a crapshoot but maybe worth a try. 

Mike

MLS

« Reply #239 on: 16 May 2013, 01:53 am »
You might try Best Buy if you have one nearby.  When I purchased mine back in March at BB, they matched Fry's sale price. But it took me about 15 minutes of two salespeople and two managers scratching their heads over it. The fact that the Fry's weekly special price was 77.00 and the regular listing for the BS22's showed 129.00 at the same time seemed to have them all discombobulated. So, like your phone conversation with Fry's, it's a crapshoot but maybe worth a try. 

Mike

I had the same exact experience.  Well worth it. :D