Game of Thrones & Daedalus Apollos

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Game of Thrones & Daedalus Apollos
« on: 15 May 2019, 04:09 am »
My son and his GF visited us over the weekend. We all wanted to watch GoT last night, but my wife and I do not have a TV. Our largest computer monitors are 27", so I took my 27" iMac and set it on a smallish cabinet located about 4 feet in front of my Apollos. We all got cozy on dining room chairs and watched the episode. Not too surprisingly, the sound quality was awesome.  :D

After the episode had finished, both our son and his GF looked at me and exclaimed they had watched every episode since the very first one on HT setups, TVs without HT, laptops, even iPhones, yet this was the first time the dialogue and action sounds had sounded so incredible.   8)

This was not an HT setup btw. This was 'just' left & right channel audio with my D Sachs pre and amp; my SW1X DAC, and my Apollos. Incredible indeed!

I told my son that he could have the Apollos when I'm too old to enjoy them. He is definitely okay with that.

Thank you, Lou.

A_shah

Re: Game of Thrones & Daedalus Apollos
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2019, 06:54 am »
My son and his GF visited us over the weekend. We all wanted to watch GoT last night, but my wife and I do not have a TV. Our largest computer monitors are 27", so I took my 27" iMac and set it on a smallish cabinet located about 4 feet in front of my Apollos. We all got cozy on dining room chairs and watched the episode. Not too surprisingly, the sound quality was awesome.  :D

After the episode had finished, both our son and his GF looked at me and exclaimed they had watched every episode since the very first one on HT setups, TVs without HT, laptops, even iPhones, yet this was the first time the dialogue and action sounds had sounded so incredible.   8)

This was not an HT setup btw. This was 'just' left & right channel audio with my D Sachs pre and amp; my SW1X DAC, and my Apollos. Incredible indeed!

I told my son that he could have the Apollos when I'm too old to enjoy them. He is definitely okay with that.

Thank you, Lou.
[/quote

Lou Speakers are awe some plus the set up with DS-2 & the SW1X DAC probably the dialogue must be floating  in mid air  :bowdown: :bowdown:

ketcham

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2019, 03:51 pm »
He would be more appreciative if you gifted your entire system!  Then the magic begins!

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2019, 06:18 pm »
I heard a Dragon fart for the first time on my Pan's :flame:

Alan

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2019, 07:25 pm »
He would be more appreciative if you gifted your entire system!  Then the magic begins!

Lol! Of course.

He finds the tubes very intimidating right now. As he has time and the inclination, I’ll educate him about tubes. Then, he can decide if he wants tubes or SS.

Michael

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2019, 03:17 am »
Very cool! :thumb:
At home that is the main use for my system. At work it is the hi-fi setup, but at home i love movies. I just do two-channel and we practically get a full at the theater experience.  Location of all dialog/sound effects is perfect (actually better than most theaters), and it makes the whole video experience way better. It is so easy to set up a system like this I'm surprised that more people don't do this :scratch: