HUGE Thanks to Jim for Custom Work

aggielaw

« on: 7 Nov 2005, 02:47 am »
Awhile back I contacted Jim to see if he would build Dennis Murphy's crossover for my nOrh mini 9.0's.  Jim graciously agreed to build the crossover for me at a very reasonable price.

Short version of long story, the crossovers arrived last week.  They sound absolutely fantastic!  Dennis is every bit as good as his reputation for designing crossovers, and Jim's work is of excellent quality.  His work on this project tells me what is inside his speakers is every bit as solid as the beautiful cabinets he builds.  

Thanks again for your help, Jim!  The nOrhs went from being on the verge of being sold to being keepers.  :)

Howard

jsalk

« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2005, 03:18 pm »
Howard -

Thanks for the opportunity to work on your speakers.  It was a chance to once again hear the Revelator woofer.  I have always liked this driver and it just reminded me that perhaps I should take a look at a design using them.  They are not quite as detailed as the Seas W18's, but have a nice warm sound and a fair amount of bass extension as well.

- Jim

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Re: HUGE Thanks to Jim for Custom Work
« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2005, 04:03 pm »
Hi  Thanks for the report and the nice words.   I think you're the only one who has tried the Mini redo, and I'm glad you heard the improvement.  It's not as dramatic as with the regular Marble, but I do think the greater mid-range presence helps.  Cheers, Dennis.