Omega with Schitt Aegir amp?

slefley

Omega with Schitt Aegir amp?
« on: 11 Jul 2019, 10:04 pm »
I’m very happy with my Super Alnico HO monitors and Decware SE84 amp, but sometimes wonder if more class A power might tighten up the presentation a bit.

Has anyone tried the Schitt Aegir with their Omega’s, and if so how did the combination work vs. other amplifiers you have used?

jmolsberg

Re: Omega with Schitt Aegir amp?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2019, 10:59 pm »
Please buy one and report back immediately if not sooner. The omega circle is counting on you!  :D

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2019, 11:26 pm »
On paper it sounds like a great combo.

dave

seikosha

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2019, 12:45 pm »
I've got tube amps with my Omegas 90% of the time, but I'm always trying new stuff.  Seems like in every instance I've put in a solid state amp I think at first..."oh, that's nice" and yes, the added power and control is pretty cool, but then after a week or so, I notice that I'm not enjoying my listening/enjoying as much and then when I put a tube amp back in I think WOW...now that's REALLY nice.

OzarkTom

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2019, 10:30 pm »
I heard a Burson Bang amp on a pair of Omegas. Great Combo. At Parts Connexion  for $269? :o

https://www.partsconnexion.com/BURSON-84730.html

guillaume bougard

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jul 2019, 08:52 am »
I've got tube amps with my Omegas 90% of the time, but I'm always trying new stuff.  Seems like in every instance I've put in a solid state amp I think at first..."oh, that's nice" and yes, the added power and control is pretty cool, but then after a week or so, I notice that I'm not enjoying my listening/enjoying as much and then when I put a tube amp back in I think WOW...now that's REALLY nice.

I know what you mean
I was thinking I need a switch to alternate between my Audio-GD solid state amp and my Swissonor tube amp
Can't be that difficult to build

FireGuy

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jul 2019, 12:44 pm »
PTP SET is the "Schiit".  However switching from a Denon SS to a Musical Paradise tube delivers a sonic sanctity from both ends.  Louis' productions are heaven.

RDavidson

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jul 2019, 04:50 pm »
In my experience, single ended Class A (tube or SS) works best with Omegas. There may be exceptions, but on a whole this has held true for me. Give it a try and report back. :thumb:

fredgarvin

« Reply #8 on: 21 Jul 2019, 07:31 pm »
I know what you mean
I was thinking I need a switch to alternate between my Audio-GD solid state amp and my Swissonor tube amp
Can't be that difficult to build

I use a Nobsound passive switcher, one output volume controlled, one not, to switch between my tube integrated and SS amp. Works fine but I still have to change wires at the speakers.

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #9 on: 5 Aug 2019, 05:01 pm »
Decware makes a high quality switch:
http://www.decware.com/newsite/ZSB.html

Silver wire, etc.

I have one and used it to switch between amps.  Still, noticeably better without it.