Diablo~500 Info: Price, Features, Specs and Pictures

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
This amplifier is truly amazing, it looks amazing and sounds even more amazing!

We start out with a 57lb slab of 6061 aluminum, after all the machining is done to the case, it weighs in at 13.5lbs and leaves 43.5lbs of chips behind. The concept and design of the amplifier case is done in a way to seriously reduces interference with inside and outside sources. Each channel is sectioned off,  there are dedicated wire ways for the AC input wires and everything is neatly routed to reduce noise.

This is an amplifier that will push you back in your listening chair, it has graceful force, pitch black background, mids that interact like no other amp we've made or listened to and the highs soar without that harsh end that some Class D amps present.

Features:
Fully machined case and cover from 6061 aluminum
Dedicated sections for each channel to reduce noise and interference
Wire ways and channels are used to neatly route wires
Long lasting anodized finish
Buffed front logo piece with back lit LEDs
Custom SN# piece made from black delrin
Fully differential amplifier circuit
Both SE and balanced connectors
Selectable input toggle switch

Specifications:
Powered by Ice Power Technology
250watts@8ohms (per channel)
500watts@4ohms (per channel)
Weight 24.5lbs
3.25" tall by 17" wide by 12" deep (2.75" tall without feet)

We are selling these in either black or clear (silver). You can choose between red or blue LEDs. Lights will be brighter on clear anodized cases and less bright on black anodized cases.

This amplifier comes with a 2 year warranty.

SOLD

Please email us you are interested in one of these amplifiers or have questions:
AluminatiSound@gmail.com

Best,
Matt and Jas

User feedback and reviews:
JAMn Joe (SN#0002)

I can safely say these have no issues driving a set of King Sound III electrostatic panels with ease. I can also say that any previous issues with slow and muddy bass exhibited with early releases of the Ice modules is gone.

While the amp I have is not fully burned in yet, it has undergone at least 72 hours runtime using the Isotek burn-in disc and the amps are starting to flesh themselves out. The bass is fast and tight, clear and concise which was one of my concerns from having early Ice amps. The top end was considerably rolled off at the beginning and now is only slightly rolled off, to a point I could live with if it doesn't improve. But I'm most pleased with how well it controls the King III's. I don't feel like I have to back off the volume control at all. The King III's present a difficult load for many amps to handle, especially at higher volumes when certain high frequency notes are played for any duration of time. Using my standard test materials the Diablo's ran without a problem through areas that the other amps either went into protection mode or clipped.

I'm very pleased with the performance so far and will be extremely happy with them matched to the King's if the top end opens up even more.

Good job guys!

« Last Edit: 8 Feb 2014, 10:03 pm by AluminatiSound »

catmonv

Re: Diablo~500 Info: Price, Features, Specs and Pictures
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2013, 02:09 am »
Wow! I saw my silver amp with the SN 0001!  Built like a tank!

Austin08

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2013, 02:18 am »
The chassis design is excellent.  Better than those mega buck brand name. This is where the audiophile meet the machinist. I like the way you create the channel to hide wires. Look so clean.

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2013, 02:40 am »
Wow! I saw my silver amp with the SN 0001!  Built like a tank!

Looks like #0001 will arrive on Tuesday :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2013, 02:42 am »
The chassis design is excellent.  Better than those mega buck brand name. This is where the audiophile meet the machinist. I like the way you create the channel to hide wires. Look so clean.

Thanks man!!

We do not plan on selling our amps at those insane levels like companies that machine their own cases will. It is our pride and passion to offer these at the price point we have them set at :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

Rocket

« Reply #5 on: 28 Sep 2013, 03:03 am »
Hi,

Wonderful looking product.  Good luck.

Regards Rod

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 28 Sep 2013, 01:36 pm »
Hi,

Wonderful looking product.  Good luck.

Regards Rod

Thanks Rod!

We are taking one of the black cases back to the anodizing shop to get a new color put on. It'll be a red shade  :icon_twisted:

Best,
Matt and Jas

The Dude

« Reply #7 on: 28 Sep 2013, 06:54 pm »
Make one with a 12v trigger and I'm in!

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 29 Sep 2013, 03:35 am »
Make one with a 12v trigger and I'm in!

Hey Dude!! lol :)

We are looking into this but it might be later this fall when it is finally implemented. Every Class D amp we've built has been designed to be left on forever, they use less electricity than a light bulb use's when the amp is sitting idle and this way they are always ready to go.

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 7 Oct 2013, 05:22 pm »
Here's some great feedback from JAMn Joe (SN#0002)

"I can safely say these have no issues driving a set of King Sound III electrostatic panels with ease. I can also say that any previous issues with slow and muddy bass exhibited with early releases of the Ice modules is gone.

While the amp I have is not fully burned in yet, it has undergone at least 72 hours runtime using the Isotek burn-in disc and the amps are starting to flesh themselves out. The bass is fast and tight, clear and concise which was one of my concerns from having early Ice amps. The top end was considerably rolled off at the beginning and now is only slightly rolled off, to a point I could live with if it doesn't improve. But I'm most pleased with how well it controls the King III's. I don't feel like I have to back off the volume control at all. The King III's present a difficult load for many amps to handle, especially at higher volumes when certain high frequency notes are played for any duration of time. Using my standard test materials the Diablo's ran without a problem through areas that the other amps either went into protection mode or clipped.

I'm very pleased with the performance so far and will be extremely happy with them matched to the King's if the top end opens up even more.

Good job guys!"

Best,
Matt and Jas

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #10 on: 11 Nov 2013, 12:59 am »
WOW.....!

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 13 Nov 2013, 01:42 am »
Only the black/red combo and all black amps remain.

Best,
Matt and Jas

Freo-1

« Reply #12 on: 13 Nov 2013, 02:09 am »
At the sale price, they should go quickly!   :thumb:

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 16 Nov 2013, 10:55 pm »
An all black Diablo is all that's left!!

Best,
Matt and Jas

greenkiwi

« Reply #14 on: 24 Nov 2013, 05:04 am »
I hope this sells so we get to see what's next

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #15 on: 24 Nov 2013, 05:20 am »
We still have the all black Diablo!

Scott who purchased the red/black Diablo, loves it and says it provides much more clarity and resolution then his Mcintosh MC352.

Best,
Matt and Jas

Freo-1

« Reply #16 on: 25 Nov 2013, 10:10 pm »
I've been auditioning the Diablo 500 for close to a week now.  First, the casework, fit, and finish is outstanding.  The pictures do not fully capture just how nice the amp looks, or how well it's machined.  (This one is silver with the blue lights).
The ICE ASP 500 is a excellent sounding board.  I must admit, as a die hard Class A A/B fan, this amp has changed my opinion some about the ability of Class D to provide a enjoyable music experience.   The 250 watts from this unit is just what the doctor ordered for the 85db/w ATC SCM-19 speakers.  The only minor issue I've noticed is the upper treble is a bit laid back, but given all the hot recordings out there, not really a bad thing.   I suspect as the amp breaks in more, that will improve.  Overall, this amp's a excellent buy (IMHO).   I'm using it in the HT setup, where it suits family TV and movies just great.  It's also very enjoyable with music as well.

Well done to Matt and Jas!  Look forward to your future offerings.  Best of luck.   :thumb:

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: 25 Nov 2013, 11:22 pm »
I've been auditioning the Diablo 500 for close to a week now.  First, the casework, fit, and finish is outstanding.  The pictures do not fully capture just how nice the amp looks, or how well it's machined.  (This one is silver with the blue lights).
The ICE ASP 500 is a excellent sounding board.  I must admit, as a die hard Class A A/B fan, this amp has changed my opinion some about the ability of Class D to provide a enjoyable music experience.   The 250 watts from this unit is just what the doctor ordered for the 85db/w ATC SCM-19 speakers.  The only minor issue I've noticed is the upper treble is a bit laid back, but given all the hot recordings out there, not really a bad thing.   I suspect as the amp breaks in more, that will improve.  Overall, this amp's a excellent buy (IMHO).   I'm using it in the HT setup, where it suits family TV and movies just great.  It's also very enjoyable with music as well.

Well done to Matt and Jas!  Look forward to your future offerings.  Best of luck.   :thumb:

Thanks Keith!!

We are excited to release new things :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

cab

« Reply #18 on: 17 Dec 2013, 10:06 pm »
We are developing a new amp case design using new class D technology.

What new class d tech?

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 18 Dec 2013, 06:42 am »
What new class d tech?

It's not necessarily new technology but it is a new board from Anaview that will perform at very good specs and will be stable down to 1.5ohms.

Currently waiting for sample boards to arrive, the spec sheet was created in Sept and should leave the factory soon.

Best,
Matt and Jas