Inferno~200 Class D Stereo Amplifier

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
Re: Introducing the Inferno~200 Class D Stereo Amplifier
« Reply #20 on: 8 Sep 2013, 02:39 am »
Even if the modules themselves have CSA or UL approval, installing them into a case that has an AC mains connector wired to the board does not necessarily carry the certification to the completed appliance.

Steve

Hi Steve,

This is very true, we just sent an email to CSA Group to get things started but will contact UL too.

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: 8 Sep 2013, 04:22 am »
Jas and I are getting up early tomorrow morning to machine the first Inferno case and cover. Please refer back to the OP for updates with pictures and information.

Then it's time for football baby!!

Best,
Matt and Jas

catmonv

« Reply #22 on: 8 Sep 2013, 04:30 am »
Matt, I want a higher powered amp than the inferno 200.  When are you going to start making it? Specs?

Ramon

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #23 on: 8 Sep 2013, 04:40 am »
Matt, I want a higher powered amp than the inferno 200.  When are you going to start making it? Specs?

Ramon

Hi Ramon,

We are going to offer two different stereo amps. The Inferno~200 and Diablo~500, they will provide 200wattts and 500watts respectively.

The first Inferno we'll make tomorrow will prove out the case design and amp assembly for the Diablo. A few weeks from now, the first Diablo will be created and a thread will be made to show progress.

Best,
Matt and Jas

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #24 on: 8 Sep 2013, 06:31 am »
Believe it or not, one of the CSA requirements for a device that runs off A.C. and is plugged into the wall (and has a captive power cord) is that said "appliance" (this includes amplifiers) must be able to be held up by its cord!
I suppose having an IEC power connector gets you around this requirement.

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #25 on: 8 Sep 2013, 07:38 pm »
UPDATE to OP but i will post the recently added pictures here as well.

We machined the first Inferno amp this morning and everything turned out great!

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #26 on: 8 Sep 2013, 08:01 pm »
The amp we made this morning will be black anodized and has no owner yet. We got good deals on packaging and anodizing prices so we are selling the Inferno~200's for $1,250 shipped. That is a stupid crazy price for all the hard work we are putting into these amps!!

If you are interested in this amp please contact us at aluminatisound@gmail.com

Best,
Matt and Jas

WireNut

« Reply #27 on: 8 Sep 2013, 08:07 pm »
The amp we made this morning will be black anodized and has no owner yet. We got good deals on packaging and anodizing prices so we are selling the Inferno~200's for $1,250 shipped. That is a stupid crazy price for all the hard work we are putting into these amps!!

If you are interested in this amp please contact us at aluminatisound@gmail.com

Best,
Matt and Jas

A thing of beauty  :thumb:

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #28 on: 8 Sep 2013, 11:07 pm »
A thing of beauty  :thumb:

Thanks WireNut!!

We are very excited to give this baby a listen  :thumb:

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #29 on: 9 Sep 2013, 11:57 pm »
We contacted Ice Power and the Ice Power amp modules are UL listed :thumb:

This morning we made the stainless logo pieces, tested the LEDs and they look fantastic!!

As you can see in the pictures, we test fit all the connectors and 200ASC amp boards and everything went together without a hitch. Off to anodizing tomorrow afternoon. We hope to have the very first completed ready to ship Inferno~200 amp by early next week  :D

Best,
Matt and Jas

« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2013, 03:28 pm by AluminatiSound »

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #30 on: 10 Sep 2013, 12:07 am »
This amp still has no owner..... Who's it going to be  :icon_twisted:

We've had numerous inquires for the Diablo~500 and those haven't even been made yet  :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

Guy 13

« Reply #31 on: 10 Sep 2013, 01:52 am »
This amp still has no owner..... Who's it going to be  :icon_twisted:

We've had numerous inquires for the Diablo~500 and those haven't even been made yet  :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

Hi Aluminati guys and all Audio Circle members.
Very nice work. :thumb:

Guy 13

audiogoober

« Reply #32 on: 10 Sep 2013, 02:16 am »
Very nice!

In the future, will there be a choice of LED colors... blue?

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #33 on: 10 Sep 2013, 02:20 am »
Very nice!

In the future, will there be a choice of LED colors... blue?

Hi Greg,

Yes any color is possible :) well the ones they make at least.

Best,
Matt and Jas

catmonv

« Reply #34 on: 10 Sep 2013, 02:44 am »
I want the 500 in blue LED and silver color case!  :thumb: When is this going to start?

Ramon

Bemopti123

« Reply #35 on: 10 Sep 2013, 03:12 am »
I like the orange illumination on the switch unlike all the cheesy neon blue nonsense that you see around like the Emotiva line etc...  Excellent and wish you much luck and if I was looking for an amp, this would definitely be one up my alley but with at least half a dozen amps on cue, I need a new amp like I need a hole in my head.  jijijij. :thumb:

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #36 on: 10 Sep 2013, 02:00 pm »
We are starting to rethink having two amplifier models. The requests and emails about the Diablo vastly out weigh the Inferno.

Moving forward we will only run Inferno's on request. Diablo's will be ran normally and we will have an inventory of them ready to ship.

Best,
Matt and Jas

audiogoober

« Reply #37 on: 10 Sep 2013, 02:50 pm »
I like the orange illumination on the switch unlike all the cheesy neon blue nonsense that you see around like the Emotiva line etc...  Excellent and wish you much luck and if I was looking for an amp, this would definitely be one up my alley but with at least half a dozen amps on cue, I need a new amp like I need a hole in my head.  jijijij. :thumb:

I partially agree. The Emotiva gear isn't for me and I feel that owners of all the over lit components out there could probably conduct night landings for small aircraft....but if THEY like it - that's really all that matters.

However, there is a reason that most manufactures are using blue illuminations. Although dim red lighting is great for night navigation, military, etc. blue IS easier on the eyes over extended periods in low lighted situations. 

Studies for years, and documentaries on TV have shown that on average the color blue has the most relaxing effect on humans. Higher percentages of people tested with the color red indicated they were noticing opposite effects - increased stress. Red is continuously rated as the most stressful color for humans. To me the old saying is true..... "cool blue" but having a wide plethora of choices from Aluminati is killer. Thanks Matt and Jas  :thumb:

Occam

« Reply #38 on: 10 Sep 2013, 03:12 pm »
We contacted Ice Power and our amps are UL certified  :thumb:

I assume you meant to say that the ICE Power modules you are using are UL certified.
Unless you submitted your completed product to UL for certification and passed, your amps are not UL certified.

srb

« Reply #39 on: 10 Sep 2013, 03:22 pm »
The Emotiva gear isn't for me and I feel that owners of all the over lit components out there could probably conduct night landings for small aircraft....but if THEY like it - that's really all that matters.

If you don't care about family members or guests, then I guess that's really all that matters.  I had the unfortunate "pleasure" to spend an evening in an all-Emotiva living room.  The glare was irritating, uncomfortable and objectionable.

However, there is a reason that most manufactures are using blue illuminations. Although dim red lighting is great for night navigation, military, etc. blue IS easier on the eyes over extended periods in low lighted situations.

Studies for years, and documentaries on TV have shown that on average the color blue has the most relaxing effect on humans. Higher percentages of people tested with the color red indicated they were noticing opposite effects - increased stress. Red is continuously rated as the most stressful color for humans.

There is a big difference between reflected light off of a light blue or green hospital wall versus transmitted high intensity light from blue bulbs and LEDs.  Some scientists have gone so far as to state that there are negative health effects from prolonged exposure to short wavelength blue light.  I don't know about that, but I know that I personally find them irritating.  The eye is so much more sensitive to the blue light spectrum, so care has to be taken to make them a lot dimmer than their red, amber or green counterparts.

A lot of manufacturers don't understand this and produce components with bright blue lighting.  I tape over brighter blue LEDs and would pay extra to get the components in any LED color other than blue.

Steve