Total Noobs Home Theater Build

HT cOz

Total Noobs Home Theater Build
« on: 21 May 2009, 02:39 pm »
Hello All,

So here I am a total noob to building anything and I'm working on a GR Research home theater and 2 channel rig.

My kit, thus far, consists of 3 AV/3 Neos (Evil Cousin to the new and totally kick butt NEO3).

I have ordered up 3 flat packs, consisting of 2 towers and 1 center channel.  Conversations with Eric convinced me that towers were the way to go. 

The flat pack maker emailed me yesterday that they would be cutting wood today!  So I'm pretty excited to get my project underway. 

Being a total Noob, I have never glued anything together using clamps or anything like that.  Heck I don't even own clamps at this point.  All I have is faith that "It can't be that hard" and "I see everyone else doing it".  So it should be fun to see my progress chronicled here.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I should attempt veneer or go with paint.  HUM  :roll:

I figure even if I fall flat on my face then I can just turn off the lights and enjoy the good tunes.  This is my man cave and it doesn't have to look pretty.  :icon_twisted:

Cheers,
Robert

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Re: Total Noobs Home Theater Build
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2009, 02:59 pm »
I've been building electronic kits for years now maximizing my DIY skills to get the best sound for cheap.  I'm now starting my first speaker build with the sealed servo subwoofer.  I thought about veneering it but found some killer paint for the job.  Hopefully I'll have it done in the next week or 2. :green:

That reminds me... Danny, Brian, or anyone else, can you give me the dimensions of the 370PEQ amp as I plan on mounting it into a seperate enclosure?

HT cOz

« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2009, 03:50 pm »
The flat packs are cut and packaged ready to ship.  Things are going to get exciting soon. 

I have been working with Mark at Meniscus Audio for the construction of the 3 flat packs.  So far comunication has been great and I believe the price was very fair.  I will post pics of the packages when they arrive. 

Now I need to ask Danny how much No Rez I need for 2 towers and 1 center?  Probably atleast 3 sheets and maybe 4!

Cheers,
Robert

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2009, 06:58 pm »
can you give me the dimensions of the 370PEQ amp as I plan on mounting it into a seperate enclosure?

It's 12 and 3/8" by 10 and 3/8".

Danny how much No Rez I need for 2 towers and 1 center?  Probably atleast 3 sheets and maybe 4!

HT cOz

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jun 2009, 02:23 pm »
Today's the day that I see what UPS has done to my flat packs.  4 boxes and 118 pounds hopefully everything will be ok.  I got the No Rez ordered last week, so progress is being made.