Anyone have experience with Proac Tablette Anniversary speakers?

rocker9999

Anyone out there with insight regarding the Proac Tablette Anniversary monitors?

Syrah

I heard the originals over 15 years ago, and I have never forgotten their sound.  Their smooth yet articulate detail and the way they throw images is something I listen for in other speakers as a benchmark.  They don't do everything (nothing does), but it's tough to stop listening to them.

I was new to audiophilia at the time, so the idea of cute little bookshelves that cost that much just seemed wrong.  But if I trusted my ears, I probably would have bought them.

Amfibius

I know these speakers extremely well. I have never owned them, but two of my best friends owned them and have tried them with various amplifiers. I am currently in the market for a pair of ProAc bookshelf speakers, and if I come across a Response 1/1S/1SC or a pair of Tablette Anniversaries, I will buy them immediately. These little speakers are something special. They may not be the most accurate, but they are certainly musical. With the exception of the 1SC (which has the newer ProAc house sound), the older speakers are classic ProAc. It's the audio equivalent of a warm hug and a cup of hot chocolate.

Syrah

So Kef LS50 or Proac Tablette?  I'd love to hear from anyone who has compare them.

OzarkTom

So Kef LS50 or Proac Tablette?  I'd love to hear from anyone who has compare them.

I sold a lot of Tablettes  back in the 80's, quite good.

My buddy Rex owned the KEF LS50's, but now owns these and likes them a lot better, no crossovers. They have more detail and a bigger soundstage.

http://www.dagogo.com/audience-clairaudient-11-v2-and-v2-loudspeakers-review

Amfibius

I have heard the LS50's and ProAc tablettes, but not side by side. The LS50's have a bigger and more brash sound. They can really get up and rock. The ProAc have a more polite and sweet sound. If it's excitement you are after, get the LS50's. If you prefer refinement, get the ProAc's.

Syrah

Thanks guys.  Really interesting.  I think I need to try some LS50s.