New Year Karma: Careful With That Ask, Eugene!

Mudslide

Re: New Year Karma: Careful With That Ask, Eugene!
« Reply #20 on: 19 Jan 2016, 03:30 pm »
I like broccoli (it's the other cruciform, cauliflower, that brews ill wind)...and anyone who rides a triumph can't be ALL bad.  So I'd like 25, please.   :no_speak:

dpatters

« Reply #21 on: 19 Jan 2016, 04:24 pm »
What a hoot.  I'll take 56 please.

Don P.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #22 on: 19 Jan 2016, 06:04 pm »
I love these two albums so much that I've never purchased them. The answer is 42.

'We' know the answer, but what is the question ?  :wink:

btw Let (or any other fans of the books), if you haven't read the 5th & final installment of the 'trilogy', Mostly Harmless, do. A fitting conclusion.

You are now returned to your usual musical programming.

I like broccoli (it's the other cruciform, cauliflower, that brews ill wind)...and anyone who rides a triumph can't be ALL bad.  So I'd like 25, please.   :no_speak:

Hi Mud  :wave:  Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2016, 05:04 pm by ArthurDent »

Mudslide

« Reply #23 on: 20 Jan 2016, 09:28 pm »

Hi Mud  :wave:  Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.  :thumb:

Back atcha!  Don't be a stranger.   :beer:

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #24 on: 21 Jan 2016, 02:35 am »
....and anyone who rides a triumph can't be ALL bad.  So I'd like 25, please.   :no_speak:

Mud, that Triumph was over 40 years ago and strictly out of necessity - haven't ridden much of anything since. However, when I buy my modest homestead in the mountains of western VA, hopefully soon, this will be my mess-around back roads bike:
http://www.imz-ural.com/patrol.html

And I know a dog who will ride in that sidecar, no problem.

Mudslide

« Reply #25 on: 21 Jan 2016, 06:10 am »
Mud, that Triumph was over 40 years ago and strictly out of necessity - haven't ridden much of anything since. However, when I buy my modest homestead in the mountains of western VA, hopefully soon, this will be my mess-around back roads bike:
http://www.imz-ural.com/patrol.html

And I know a dog who will ride in that sidecar, no problem.

Nice.   :thumb: 

Now...about that number 25..... :eyebrows:

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: 31 Jan 2016, 10:56 pm »
 :oops:

Oh Arthur ... It is the unhappiest of responsibilities to have to inform you that the random number generator chose your number, # 42 , as the 'lucky' number and that you are the unlucky loser/wiener of the Umma Gumma and Every Good Boy Reserves Flatus lps. After all your generous sharings here on AC to be dealt such a mean blow seems so unbearably unfair. I feel absolutely heart-sick having to tell you. If you email me a mailing address I'll get these in the post post-haste. Again, my sincere condolences. My stomach is already hurting. This is the saddest day of my life.

Broken,
KP

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #27 on: 1 Feb 2016, 12:18 am »
I love these two albums so much that I've never purchased them.  The answer is 42.

I think I might be able to assuage your guilt about poor Arthur with the above quote.  I assure you I'm a much more despicable character than Arthur and much more deserving of this dubious "award".

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #28 on: 1 Feb 2016, 12:26 am »
KP - Sadly,  :sad:   if you will review your initial post I think you'll find my number was 22. It was in fact Letitroll98 who chose 42, which of course the answer to Life, the Universe, & Everything.

Much as I am saddened by the harsh mistress that fate has chosen for me in this gracious offering, I convey my best wishes & congratulations/condolences to Let, that he may persevere thru this sad time in being crowned as the 'winner' of these fine (horrible) offerings. Maybe next time I'll get lucky, but in any case - Thanks for the offering.  :thumb:

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
« Reply #29 on: 1 Feb 2016, 02:02 am »

Arthur, my heart rejoices now knowing that the burden doesn't fall to you but it is now equally saddened that Brother Letitroll must carry the weight. If it is true, as the sages say, that the gods throw dice but Fate plays chess then that must mean ... oh hell I don't know what that means.
Brother Letitroll, please send me a mailing address. Arthur, and the other masochists who played, my thanks to you all.
God bless and stay safe,
KP

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #30 on: 1 Feb 2016, 10:20 am »
Chin up, Letitroll, it can only get better from here on out!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #31 on: 1 Feb 2016, 12:41 pm »
PM sent, perhaps someone will steal the package from my porch.  Now that would be karma.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #32 on: 22 Feb 2016, 01:10 pm »
Just a final update.  Albums received in good order a week or two ago.  I let them sit for this long out of pure fear and trepidation, but screwed up the courage this past weekend to put them through the Nitty Gritty and thence upon the turntable.  The records were in NM condition as advertised, but I clean everything.  The music turned out to be as vapid and pretentious as almost anything I've encountered.  I really think they would be better used as skeet targets, but in the spirit of the karma circle, I'll keep them in some dark corner of my record shelving.  It may take a week or a month to recover, but I might be able to listen to music at some time in the hopefully near future, perhaps a MP3 or something.

putz

« Reply #33 on: 22 Feb 2016, 06:54 pm »
I had 44. Dodged a real bullet there.