Subwoofer choice

Randy64

Subwoofer choice
« on: 17 Jun 2022, 05:07 pm »
   Seeking help with subwoofer choice as I am interested in a Rythmik 12, or Rel Tx7 or 9. Right now my system is as follows Audiolab 6000 CDT digital to Schitt Bifrost xlr to Schitt Freya+ xlr to Schitt Lokius xlr to Cherry STM amp running Tekton Lore Be floorstanders. The issue is that My amp have has a xlr input only which seems to be a no go with Ryrhmik. I lean toward Rythmik, any advice would be appreciated.

I.Greyhound Fan

Re: Subwoofer choice
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2022, 05:52 pm »
Hi Randy, my gear is fully balanced and I use an XLR to RCA adapter for my dual subs.  Or you can buy and actual converter.

My son has a Rythmik F12se and it sounds great.  It does not have that thump in your chest that similar subs have but it is fast and musical.  While I really like the sub, I would consider getting a sub that has a wireless app to you can make adjustments on the fly.
The Rythmik will play much lower than the REL TX-9.

TX-9 is -6db at 27hz and the F12 is -2db at 14hz.  Just something to think about.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Subwoofer choice
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2022, 09:37 pm »
   Seeking help with subwoofer choice as I am interested in a Rythmik 12, or Rel Tx7 or 9. Right now my system is as follows Audiolab 6000 CDT digital to Schitt Bifrost xlr to Schitt Freya+ xlr to Schitt Lokius xlr to Cherry STM amp running Tekton Lore Be floorstanders. The issue is that My amp have has a xlr input only which seems to be a no go with Ryrhmik. I lean toward Rythmik, any advice would be appreciated.
Please note the Starting Block Circle
GUIDELINES
I will move this topic to the Enclosure Circle.