6Moons post on Sig-30

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: 6Moons post on Sig-30
« Reply #40 on: 13 Jul 2006, 03:03 am »
Bump - let's keep the excitement goin'! :-}

I hope the amp-building is going well, Vinnie.  I have to say I can't recall anticipating a peice of audio equipment to the extent that I am right now with the Sig 30.

I expect the amp to sound incredible but I also suspect that it might not have enough power to satisfy me _completely_ with the Gallos (most of the time, yeah - no doubt).  If not, I'll just hold onto it until you make your 70W monoblocks available.  I have to admit that *that* thought puts me nigh to full-on salivation mode.  70W of SET-like power with essentially no distortion?  For REAL?  And fully off the grid to boot?  Now that would be full-on serious world-changin' stuff, cause you just can't get power like that with ANY single-ended tube amp in the world.  Well, that I know off.  Even paralleled 845s don't reach power like that, never mind the double-digit THD.  And look at what parallel 845 SETs cost anyway...

Ok, back to work for me.

Hi Guys,

I apologize for not posting here as frequently as I normally do, but I am just flooded with Signature 30 orders, Olive mods, iMods, and others...  :hyper:

I have ordered A LOT of parts to keep the Sig 30 production rolling and I will be putting in a lot of hours to crank them out. 

My current Sig 30 lead time is around 5 to 6 weeks  :o
I will try my best to bring that down soon, but if the orders keep coming in like this, it won't be easy.  Not that I am complaining  :green:

I am also going to be coming out with a external switch box for those who want to have input select capability.  It will be called the Signature 3S (3 "S" for Source Selection Switch).Here are the details so far:

-- DACT CT3 input select switch (http://www.dact.com/html/input_selectors.html)
-- Vampire RCA jacks (as will the Sig 30s going forward)
-- The same wiring as used in the Sig 30 (solid-core, OCC processed copper with mono-crystal design and hybrid jacket)
-- Matching knob as Sig 30
-- Smaller enclosure than Sig 30 (dimensions to be determined) so it can sit on top of the Sig 30 comfortably. 
-- At least 3 inputs and two volume controlled outputs
-- Price: to be determined
-- Availability: hopefully in about a month...

I've also received interest in Signature 30 monoblocks.  This is something that I am definitely considering (maybe for a Fall 2006 release) and will post more info about them when I have more details..

Thanks again for all your interest and support!

Vinnie

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #41 on: 13 Jul 2006, 03:11 am »
(Homer Simpson voice, dreamy state)
 Mmmmmm....Sig 30 monoblocks.....Mmmmmmm

geofstro

• Sound Galleries: High-End Audio in Monaco
« Reply #42 on: 14 Jul 2006, 04:51 pm »
Congrats Vinnie and thanks Srajan, I enjoyed reading the review as I have a lot of the Articles in 6moons on both audio and music over the past few years.

I have a RWA Modded Teac, a Clari-T and an iMod which are all great products and excellent value for money at their price points.

I've tried the RWA Teac on both my Rethm 2nds and Horn Shoppe horns in my second system. It works very well in both cases, although in the case of the Rethms I prefer my First Watt F1, which seems to dig down deeper in the bass. I now use the Teac to drive the Horn Shoppes to great effect with the iMod as the source.

Of course my RWA Teac requires a pre-amp and in both cases I used it with a tube preamp. Jadis JPL and Fi-Y. Apart from that consideration I wonder if anyone has any comments on how the RWA Teac and Sig30 compare?

BTW Srajan, thanks also for getting me into Lila Downs and Renaud Garcia-Fons amongst others. I haven't spotted any Madredeus in there though, which surprises me.

geoff

Robert57

« Reply #43 on: 14 Jul 2006, 05:21 pm »
Vinnie, your new switch box for the Signature 30 sounds wonderful. Lots of folks have been asking about a very quality switcher box for the SB's, direct to power amps, as well. Your casework and styling on the Sig. 30 look very elegant.

In addition to the  three or more inputs, is there any way you could offer one or more  direct bypass loops, avoiding the volume control, for absolute minimum signal loss? You already have the fine volume attenuator on the Sig 30, so a 3 inputs  into 2 selectable outputs direct -wired switch, with no attenuation, would seem to me to be the most important requirement.This might be also helpful for those who already are happy with the SB digital volume control, or want a HT -bypass-type set-up. Just my wish list.

Thanks. And congrats on the super review in 6 Moons. The 70 watt monos really get me salivating too.

Rob

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #44 on: 15 Jul 2006, 02:16 am »
Of course my RWA Teac requires a pre-amp and in both cases I used it with a tube preamp. Jadis JPL and Fi-Y. Apart from that consideration I wonder if anyone has any comments on how the RWA Teac and Sig30 compare?
geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your kind words.

The Signature 30 is quite a few notches up in performance than the modded Teac.  A lot of this has to with the custom circuit board, different parts, layout, etc. 

Regarding Lila Downs, I got into her music after reading Srajan's review of her CDs a while back.  I actually had the chance to see her live in Boston last year and she was incredible!!!  I was VERY impressed and had a great time.  :singing:   I hope you get the opportunity to see her live at some point...

Quote from: Robert57
In addition to the  three or more inputs, is there any way you could offer one or more  direct bypass loops, avoiding the volume control, for absolute minimum signal loss? You already have the fine volume attenuator on the Sig 30, so a 3 inputs  into 2 selectable outputs direct -wired switch, with no attenuation, would seem to me to be the most important requirement.This might be also helpful for those who already are happy with the SB digital volume control, or want a HT -bypass-type set-up. Just my wish list.

Thanks for the congrats on the 6moons review and thanks for your post
about the Signature 3S (source select switch).

This switchbox will not have a built-in volume attenuator...it will only feature a switch (the DACT CT3). 

Best regards,

Vinnie

geofstro

« Reply #45 on: 15 Jul 2006, 09:16 am »
Hi Vinnie,

I'm seriously considering a Sig30 with the new additional switch box, instead of sending my other stock Teac to you for mods.

I did get to see Lila in 2004 at a small town in France called Nantes. She was terrific! We flew there to see her on the way to Paris and my wife and I stayed at the same hotel as the band. We got to thank them for the show at breakfast before checking out. Unfortunately Lila hadn't joined them yet. She was probably having a well deserved rest. I don't think the French promoter was doing as good a job as he could've. She deserves a wider audience in France.

Could you email me with the cost of a Sig30 plus switch box, and an idea of the current lead time, plus estimated shipping cost to Monaco? Also, please advise which charger I would need.

I'm also wondering if you could produce a battery power supply that would be suitable to use with the Altmann Attraction DAC. Something that would be easier to accomodate than a car battery, along with the necessary lead to connect the DAC to the ps?

Here are the details of the DAC in case you don't have the link:

http://www.altmann.haan.de/byob/attraction.htm

I do have the necessary car battery and charger for it; but I want to be able to easily move it and try it out in another location.

Thanks a lot.

geoff

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #46 on: 18 Jul 2006, 02:34 am »

I'm also wondering if you could produce a battery power supply that would be suitable to use with the Altmann Attraction DAC. Something that would be easier to accomodate than a car battery, along with the necessary lead to connect the DAC to the ps?

Here are the details of the DAC in case you don't have the link:

http://www.altmann.haan.de/byob/attraction.htm

I do have the necessary car battery and charger for it; but I want to be able to easily move it and try it out in another location.

Thanks a lot.

geoff

Hi Geoff and all,

I just moved the last few posts from this thread (which were about the Altmann dac) to a new thread on the RWA forum.  Nothing has been deleted....just moved to a new topic:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=29679.msg264156;topicseen#new

I want to keep this thread focused on the Signature 30 and the new thread can be used about the Altmann.  I hope this is OK with everyone...

Best regards,

geofstro

« Reply #47 on: 18 Jul 2006, 05:45 am »
That makes sense, of course. Apologies, I went 'off-topic' there without noticing.

Geoff

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #48 on: 19 Jul 2006, 02:51 am »
Hi Guys,

Quote from: Srajan Ebaen
Re: the OBs, Michael Lavorgna expressed an interest to visit with Vinnie as part of his RoadTour feature. It'll depend on schedules and such but if it comes together, we'll have an informal report of Vinnie's reference system with the open baffle Visaton speakers on 6moons - and if things really grab our man, perhaps he'll volunteer for an OB review. That'll be up to him, of course, and I don't want to commit him one way or the other. But seeing he's in the US rather than Cyprus, this would be easier to orchestrate -:)

I was in touch with Michael today and it is very interested in visiting me to listen to the B200 OBs (the new ones that Louis of Omega just finished making and I will have next week).  He is planning on visiting in a few weeks.  This will be of his RoadTour feature and will make for a very good read!  :wink:

As for an even more powerful amp in the future....we'll see what happens.  Nothing in the works for anything sooner than the Fall 2006. 

Best regards,

Vinnie

All,

I just posted this on the Omega forum:

It is official: Michael Lavorgna of 6moons will be stopping by on Thursday to listen to the Omega OBs and will be doing a "Road Tour" article for 6moons about his listening experience and OBs!  8)

Source: RWA modded Olive Symphony (analog outputs)
Amp: RWA Signature 30
Speakers: OBs made by Omega, B200 drivers
Cables: Omegaudio R cables

Michael and I will be taking pics and I'll post them on Thursday evening, along with some listening impressions.

Best regards,

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
Michael's RoadTour is now up
« Reply #49 on: 23 Jul 2006, 04:55 pm »
Y'all know where to find it  :D