XLS Build

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Re: XLS Build
« Reply #40 on: 7 Feb 2023, 07:06 pm »
What veneer????  I've been trying to find a pair in Moho for years. 

Robert

Sorry to say they’re in cherry.  I also got a matching cherry X-Voce.  Also, they’re about a 8 out of 10 in external condition.  I still need to go over them to see if I can clean them up.

Wigand

« Reply #41 on: 8 Feb 2023, 07:33 pm »
Got them up and running yesterday. Played from the first second super nice. Already with the basic parts.

To be honest I am really excited what they will be like if I put another 500 Euro in upgraded parts in them.

But they sound so nice. I am actually suprised that I dont really see a need to do that.

Thanks to Hobbs and Danny for the help and kind customer service. Also to Peter and Tyson to jump in with their advice.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #42 on: 8 Feb 2023, 10:30 pm »
Got them up and running yesterday. Played from the first second super nice. Already with the basic parts.

To be honest I am really excited what they will be like if I put another 500 Euro in upgraded parts in them.

But they sound so nice. I am actually suprised that I dont really see a need to do that.

Thanks to Hobbs and Danny for the help and kind customer service. Also to Peter and Tyson to jump in with their advice.

Yep, that comports with my experience - the basic parts quality is already as good or better than the vast majority of other speakers out there.  Danny does not sell mid-fi gear.  Even his lowest cost options are still true high end. 

I'd say the basic crossover gets you about 80% of the sound quality, upgrading everything to top of the line parts gets you another 20% or so. 

Wigand

« Reply #43 on: 8 Feb 2023, 11:34 pm »
Yeah to be honest. I might eventually go right to the studios instead of putting an extra 500 into the xls.

But for now I am just super happy with my build :)

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #44 on: 8 Feb 2023, 11:41 pm »
The NX studio do everything the Encores do, but on a whole other level.
It's a big leap in performance, even over the fully-upgraded Encores.
It's easily our favorite bookshelf speaker.

mirage74

« Reply #45 on: 12 Feb 2023, 03:52 am »
This is a great post.  Ive been thinking for a while of sending my crossovers from my Triangle floorstanding speakers to Danny for upgrade. Im going to see if i can possibly get measurements first