GET OUT!

Wind Chaser

GET OUT!
« on: 19 Mar 2017, 03:24 am »
Jordan Peele's directorial debut isn't quite what I was expecting. For some reason I was expecting a comedy, not a quasi horror. Despite all the GREAT REVIEWS... I found the 3rd act oddly disconnected from the first two acts.

wushuliu

Re: GET OUT!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2017, 05:10 pm »
Jordan Peele's directorial debut isn't quite what I was expecting. For some reason I was expecting a comedy, not a quasi horror. Despite all the GREAT REVIEWS... I found the 3rd act oddly disconnected from the first two acts.

Lol, eddie murphy delirious was one of my favorite movies growing up so the second i heard the name of peele's movie i knew what i was in for. Funny, most reviews don't mention the reference. Guess I'm officially getting old. That said it is definitely not a comedy, although some parts are hilarious. I listened to a few interviews with peele. Lot of subtle references like that through the film. Like the porsche in the opening is the same from risky business.

The third act i can kind of see what you're saying. But then Ex Machina was even worse in that regard and boy do people love that movie. Heck even the shining third act has a similar structure.

orthobiz

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2017, 05:50 pm »
I saw it twice, really enjoyed it. Just the right amount of almost believable plot twists. I liked Don't Breathe last year also.

Paul

stlrman

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jul 2017, 07:46 pm »
The wife and I both loved it!! Highly recommended!!

undertowogt1

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jul 2017, 07:50 pm »
Ya I really liked this movie. knowing Jordan Peele directed it I detected some quirky moments within it.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 2 Jul 2017, 06:21 pm »
I loved it.  Peale has some great instincts as a director.

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: 3 Jul 2017, 12:45 am »
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!For me it was a ok movie interesting to watch one time as the movie from my view was just about some white whore luring black men to work as slaves in there white community by brainwashing them.  :lol:

stlrman

« Reply #7 on: 3 Jul 2017, 12:59 am »
Bendingwave, please put in spoiler at the top of your thread.

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #8 on: 3 Jul 2017, 01:33 am »
Gosh where are my manners let me got back and modify my post so no ones feelings get hurts.  :lol:

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #9 on: 3 Jul 2017, 01:34 am »
SPOILER ALERT, WARNING, WARNING, DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILEDFor me it was a ok movie interesting to watch one time as the movie from my view was just about some white whore luring black men to work as slaves in there white community by brainwashing them.  :lol:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #10 on: 3 Jul 2017, 01:38 am »
Bendingwave, please put in spoiler at the top of your thread.

His terse comment hardly qualifies as a spoiler.