Wanted: Demo of Duke's Speakers

bernardo

Wanted: Demo of Duke's Speakers
« on: 27 Dec 2010, 08:14 pm »
Hi everyone. I have been lurking here for several months; this is my first post. I am interested in pursuing either one of Earl Geddes speakers (I have heard the Nathans) or one of Duke's designs, which I have not heard. I currently own Audio Artistry Beethoven's so I think that Duke's Beta Planetarium speaker system would be a logical successor. I live just outside of Raleigh, NC and am looking for someone who would be willing to demo one of Duke's speaker designs for me. Thanks to anyone who is willing.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Wanted: Demo of Duke's Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2010, 09:55 pm »
I'm almost certian there is someone with Duke's speakers in Virginia.  Of course there are Geddes in NC....I'm wonder if Duke is planning on Axpona www.axpona.com ?  If he is, it's only about 6 hrs for you so it would be worth your while.  And if you like them, you can bring 'em home from the show and save Duke the trip back with them.  See I've solved multiple issues.   :lol:

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2010, 10:16 pm »
Bernardo,

I've sent you a pm. I know of somebody who owns a pair of Duke's Jazz modules in Chapel Hill.

Duke's Planetarium Beta's would probably easily compete with the Beethovens from my experience with controlled directivity loudspeakers.

Best of luck in your search. If you are still looking for an audition in the fall of 2011, look me up and I can help. Unfortunately this next year will be very busy for me and I'll have to hold off on Geddes auditions in the meantime.

Best,
Anand.

WG

« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2010, 04:07 am »
Bernardo,

I look forward to reading of your impressions of Duke's speakers and those of Earl Geddes versus the AA Beethoven--I have the AA Beethoven Elite in a combo music/HT application now.

Regards,
Will

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2010, 06:33 am »
It seems Duke has heard the Beethoven, back in January 2002:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1013702452

bernardo

« Reply #5 on: 7 Jan 2011, 08:01 pm »
I wanted to clarify a couple of things which may not be obvious in my original post. I know that there are no Audiokinesis speaker owners in NC, so don't let that keep anyone from responding. Also, it does not have to be the Beta speaker system. Any of Duke's speakers are fair game; I am interested in getting an idea of how they compare to the Nathan's I have heard.

Clio09

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jan 2011, 04:48 am »
Well if you find yourself near Las Vegas I have the Jazz Modules.