Hi res streaming

Neoneo

Hi res streaming
« on: 13 Mar 2023, 11:06 pm »
Hello,

I have a nuprime stream 9 (connected to the internet via rj45 and wifi) and a dac x9 connected via hdmi.

I have an Amazon music unlimited subscription.

when I listen to hi res music from Amazon music through the omnia receveir application, I don't have hi res quality. the dac tells me 44.1 khz, whereas if I check on the Amazon music application, the song I'm listening to is presented as compatible in 96 khz or another in 176 khz...

my question is simple and double. is amazon music unlimited hi res compatible with nuprime stream 9 and omnia receiver? if not, which music service (quobuz, tidal, spotify) is hi res compatible with dac x9 and stream 9 nuprime ?

Thank you

rustydoglim

Re: Hi res streaming
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2023, 12:34 am »
Only Qobuz and Tidal hi-res are currently supported.
We are not sure when Amazon HD will be supported.

Neoneo

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2023, 12:45 am »
great !  :thumb:

I did not understand why I did not have hi res quality. in addition, a local retailer told me that no music service is Hi Res compatible with my equipment.

so I'm going to cancel Amazon music unlimited and take quobuz or tidal. thank you for your time and precious help, because I despaired of having 24bit + 192khz compatible material and not being able to enjoy it without having to buy hi res albums individually.

Neoneo

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2023, 07:15 pm »
I took a tidal hifi plus subscription but I am limited to 44.1khz.

knowing that the src is disabled.

whether using the optical output of stream 9 or going through the dac x9 (rca) and using tidal connect or omnia receiver I am limited to 44.1khz. it's weird.

however, going through tidal connect, the tidal application tells me that the music played is in "master".

do you have a clue to explain this phenomenon? is it possible that my smartphone is the cause of the problem?

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 17 Mar 2023, 06:41 am »
Only Qobuz and Tidal hi-res are currently supported.
We are not sure when Amazon HD will be supported.

Sorry our fault for the wrong info, we got confused by the terminology used by Tidal.
Qobuz hi-res is the only hi-res (> 16bit/44.1K) supported.
Tidal HiFi is supported, but not Tidal Master.
Tidal Master and Amazon HD are in the future roadmap of the streaming module vendor but we don't have a time frame of release date.

Neoneo

« Reply #5 on: 17 Mar 2023, 12:04 pm »
Well, it doesn't really matter ... in this case I will take a quobuz subscription.