anyone want to sell their TT

2bigears

anyone want to sell their TT
« on: 24 Apr 2008, 03:32 pm »
 :D  If you have a quality tt and want to sell,please call as i need a tt fast.... had a deal,but it fell through :duh: :D

John Casler

Re: anyone want to sell their TT
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2008, 03:48 pm »
:D  If you have a quality tt and want to sell,please call as i need a tt fast.... had a deal,but it fell through :duh: :D

Where do you live?

What do you consider quality?

I have a vintage Denon DP30 L2 with a Dynavector Karat Ruby for a Buck 99 plus shipping

TheChairGuy

« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2008, 03:59 pm »

yuck - what happened to the AT-PL120?  Was LPGear's too-good-too-believe price just that  :( ?

John

2bigears

« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2008, 04:09 pm »
 :D  don't think they like to do deals with us up here in Canada. :duh: i thought i would have a table by now???? John,looking a tables for awhile i really like tables like VPI TNT,those things look good.you say that tables like that will only get you a 10% gain in sonics over tables like AT-120..... :scratch:

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2008, 04:27 pm »
Oracle Delphi V, SME4 (Van den Hull silver cable), Koetsu Rosewood Signature and Art audio Vinyl One with Telefunken tubes:  $8k. 
Mine looks pretty much like this.

AliG

« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2008, 04:33 pm »
Woodsyi,  don't you wanna sell your Basis 1400 that's currently with me? aa

Oracle Delphi V, SME4 (Van den Hull silver cable), Koetsu Rosewood Signature and Art audio Vinyl One with Telefunken tubes:  $8k. 
Mine looks pretty much like this.

woodsyi

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2008, 04:45 pm »
Woodsyi,  don't you wanna sell your Basis 1400 that's currently with me? aa

I could but 2Bigears wants something like TNT and Basis 1400/Rega250/Benz Micro MC3/EAR 834P is not in that league. 

TheChairGuy

« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2008, 06:05 pm »
:D  don't think they like to do deals with us up here in Canada. :duh: i thought i would have a table by now???? John,looking a tables for awhile i really like tables like VPI TNT,those things look good.you say that tables like that will only get you a 10% gain in sonics over tables like AT-120..... :scratch:

Oh, bummer - I didn't know you wuz' a Canuck.  Yeah, so many companies just avoid Canada...pretty stupid (especially now as the currency tables have turned in favorite of cheaper products from the US).  It's like deciding not to sell California....silly, really, but it's all about the duty/shipping that they don't want to mess with. 

Most just need to get on the horn to a broker and work it out and it's nearly as easy as that (after getting a license - but the broker can handle the paperwork for that).

Don't quote me on the 10% - I'm no sage - it's just my opinion.  In my (somewhat) humble opinion, it's probably closer to 5% difference.

It's how much more you want or need to pay for that additional 5% is the question????

John

bluemike

« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2008, 06:10 pm »
Guys i'm following your conversation with interest

A fellow canuck here that is looking to dive into the vinyl market
looking for the works Phono stage (pre is a line stage) tt cartridge etc

Keep em coming
Pat

2bigears

« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2008, 06:22 pm »
:D  John,there is a foot of snow here yet !!!! sucks being me where i live.... :lol: soooo between the  AT-120 and a nice to look at TNT  it's 5---10% better sonics ???? are you serious,looks cost that much ???? [ :o like hookers :o] if this is the case i can buy a 120 from a Canadian dealer !! eye candy is nice though !! :D

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #10 on: 25 Apr 2008, 12:19 am »
i saw you posted to the canuck audiomart site.  if, as your post says, you're looking at budget to $2500, you should consider this - it really is a fantastic deck, if not the easiest to set up.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/86740-maplenoll_ariadne_reference/

the walker proscenium, which is based on this deck, retails for ~$35k...

for more plug-n-play, but in amurrica, i still like oracles.  if rim's is a bit spendy, try this one; upgrade it later as you see fit (but still an excellent performer, imo, as-is:
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtabl&1213881815

this one is also still listed, likely it's awreddy sold?
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtabl&1213283905

or spend a little more on this one w/a little cosmetic finish issue, but the latest iteration:
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtabl&1213975391

here's a killer piece; as the seller is down under, i am sure he'd sell to canada as well as the usa:
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtabl&1213442871

another killer deck, seller (a dealer) will ship world-wide:
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtabl&1212782948

really - you have tons of choices in all price ranges - there's also a lot more listed on the canuck audio mart...  i only showed the tip of the iceberg...   8)

doug s.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #11 on: 25 Apr 2008, 12:26 am »

2bigears

« Reply #12 on: 25 Apr 2008, 02:53 am »
 :D thks Doug,i too like the look of the Oracles.the older model even looks ok.... thks again for the help as it will be nice to get it right the 1st time ??  :D

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #13 on: 25 Apr 2008, 02:00 pm »
:D thks Doug,i too like the look of the Oracles.the older model even looks ok.... thks again for the help as it will be nice to get it right the 1st time ??  :D
yes, the oracle decks are pretty nice, imo.  i have the earliest iteration, not even a mkll.  i bought it bone stock, & have upgraded it over time; now it's full mkv, w/exception of the power supply & motor - i went origin-live for that, powered by a hewlett-packard power supply.  tonearm is origin-live silver taper; o-l's best arm at the time, until they came out w/their encounter series...

doug s.

2bigears

« Reply #14 on: 25 Apr 2008, 11:13 pm »
 :D  OK Doug,you know what is going to have to happen here don't you,,,???? you are going to sell me your rig,it looks real nice :drool: and a simple plug and play!!!!! thks in advance my new found buddy :lol:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #15 on: 26 Apr 2008, 02:15 am »
:D  OK Doug,you know what is going to have to happen here don't you,,,???? you are going to sell me your rig,it looks real nice :drool: and a simple plug and play!!!!! thks in advance my new found buddy :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
uh, i don't think i will be letting mine go any time soon.  mebbe if i win the lottery, & can afford a verdier la platine.  but i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you - i'm not!   :lol:

http://www.jcverdier.com/RTC/cadre_menu.html

doug s.

2bigears

« Reply #16 on: 26 Apr 2008, 04:13 am »
 :D well crab,somebody sell me a dang tt already :o,i can't stand to wait for things !! :lol:  somebody has got to have an extra collecting dust !!?? :D  those Oracles do look nice :thumb:

woodsyi

• Facilitator
« Reply #17 on: 26 Apr 2008, 04:39 pm »
Basis 1400
Incognito(Rega)300 with Expressimo counterweight
Ear 834P MM/MC with volume control
NIB Benz Glider II LO
AV123 Magnetic suspension base

Very nice middle of the road, plug and play analog system for $2500.

My first offer with Oracle TT is $8k and it is a nicely matched ensemble. 

TheChairGuy

« Reply #18 on: 26 Apr 2008, 05:11 pm »
If Father Teresa (nee, woodsyi/Rim) is selling you that system for $2500.00....you could not do much better.  Am I reading that right?

The Basis has superb quality bearings and outrageously good S/N because of it....I think even the bottom-of-their line (this 1400) has the same bearing as the best in their line, so it makes the system upgradeable over time. It's a good place to start your journey...albeit at a higher level then with the AT-PL150.

Only thing is, at $2500 (smashing deal as it is), you'll need Momma's tacit approval for it  :wink:

John

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #19 on: 26 Apr 2008, 11:41 pm »
yup, rim's $2500 deal is nice, cuz it comes w/a good fono stage & cartridge, too.  and, a nice isolation base!  tho i would recommend getting that cartridge re-tipped w/a fine-line stylus...

doug s.