BDP-1 UPnP DNLA renderer

docder

BDP-1 UPnP DNLA renderer
« on: 3 Jun 2018, 08:51 pm »
I'm beginning to discover the wonders of UPnP and I have recently been using UPnP within Audirvana to stream form my Mac's local files and from Qobuz, Tidal and HRA, as embedded within Audirvana. All good there. But, out of curiosity, I thought I would try the beta UPnP within the stand-alone Qobuz desktop app for Mac.  When set to DNLA renderer mode the BDP-1 is listed as a device for selection within the Qobuz app but when selected a message comes up saying the BDP is not recognised by the Qobuz app.  Has anyone had any experience of this? I have connected Qobuz and I'm waiting a response.

D

artur9

Re: BDP-1 UPnP DNLA renderer
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2018, 02:52 am »
No experience with Qobuz.

I use upmpdcli to feed mpd on my BDP-1.  Works very well.  Worse case that may be an option for you.

docder

Re: BDP-1 UPnP DNLA renderer
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2018, 07:39 pm »
Thanks, Arthur. That's new to me. I'll investigate.

Qobuz has now recognised the BPD-1 and I can select it but the music playing in the Qobuz Desktop app doesn't reach the BDP-1. If I switch to Audirvana, the Qobuz file plays fine to the BDP. I'll feedback some more to Qobuz and see what I can achieve with your suggestion.  This is an old dog here learning new tricks, streaming and all.