Squeezebox 2 in the house

Jon L

« Reply #20 on: 12 Aug 2005, 05:39 pm »
Quote from: zybar
Well I just got off the phone with Vinnie and my SB2 is going out this afternoon.

Vinnie will be performing the digital only mods + the ps option ot allow me to run off electricity when not doing critical listening.

Additionally, I am going to send Vinnie the WBT Silver NextGen RCA socket to install instead of a BNC socket.

If all goes well, I will pick up the unit on the way back from Vinnie after a relaxing week in Cape Cod and will report on things next weekend.

It was a tough choice choosing ...

George, did you read this post about free CD ripping?

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=20839&highlight=

Also, does anyone know if Squeezebox 2 is able to wirelessly transmit 24/96 data after Foobar upsamples?  This was the only thing that makes me hesitate about wireless solution b/c currently my favorite way to listen to foobar is 176.4kHz, which would be difficult to do wirelessly..

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #21 on: 12 Aug 2005, 07:46 pm »
Quote from: Jon L
George, did you read this post about free CD ripping?

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=20839&highlight=

Also, does anyone know if Squeezebox 2 is able to wirelessly transmit 24/96 data after Foobar upsamples?  This was the only thing that makes me hesitate about wireless solution b/c currently my favorite way to listen to foobar is 176.4kHz, which would be difficult to do wirelessly..

Jon,

I don't believe it outputs 24/96, but neither does my current transport.

I did see the post on the offer to rip cd's but it will cost a lot in shipping and I don't really feel comfortable sending out all my cd's to a stranger (no matter how cool the offer is).

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #22 on: 12 Aug 2005, 07:59 pm »
Just to be clear...I have nothing against Tirade and his very gracious offer.

It just isn't something I am willing to take advantage of.

Besides, that means more time for Tirade to rip cd's for somebody else.   :mrgreen:

George

dwk

« Reply #23 on: 12 Aug 2005, 11:15 pm »

Two problems.
- squeezebox doesn't do 96kHz. I believe the situation is that the hardware is probably theoretically capable of doing it, but it's not possible currently
- I don't know that there is an output plugin for foobar that will stream to the squeezebox.  There may be one, but I don't think so.

Jon L

« Reply #24 on: 13 Aug 2005, 03:48 am »
Quote from: dwk

Two problems.
- squeezebox doesn't do 96kHz. I believe the situation is that the hardware is probably theoretically capable of doing it, but it's not possible currently
- I don't know that there is  ...

What, no foobar?  Is Slimserver bit-perfect 16/44.1 through SB2, and is iTunes bit-perfect through SB2?

Marbles

« Reply #25 on: 13 Aug 2005, 03:52 am »
Those are two BIG problems for me........

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: 13 Aug 2005, 10:55 am »
Quote from: Marbles
Those are two BIG problems for me........

WHY?

George

StevenACNJ

« Reply #27 on: 13 Aug 2005, 11:14 am »
Well I just got off the phone with Vinnie and my SB2 is going out this afternoon.

Vinnie will be performing the digital only mods + the ps option ot allow me to run off electricity when not doing critical listening.

Additionally, I am going to send Vinnie the WBT Silver NextGen RCA socket to install instead of a BNC socket.

If all goes well, I will pick up the unit on the way back from Vinnie after a relaxing week in Cape Cod and will report on things next weekend.

It was a tough choice choosing ...

George,

Why not have Vinnie just hard wire your digital coax cable directly to SB2 board. Totally eliminate the RCA connection.

Thats what Steve does with the Off Ramp.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 13 Aug 2005, 11:26 am »
Quote from: StevenACNJ
George,

Why not have Vinnie just hard wire your digital coax cable directly to SB2 board. Totally eliminate the RCA connection.

Because in digital nothing is that permanent right now.

George

JoshK

« Reply #29 on: 13 Aug 2005, 05:49 pm »
Quote from: StevenACNJ
George,

Because in digital nothing is that permanent right now.

George

But that is totally easy to reverse.