Expecting a better experience

2018andBeyond

Expecting a better experience
« on: 16 Sep 2018, 01:06 am »
Cancelling a membership on a competitor site - primarily a buyer/seller one. People there seem to be practicing the dubious art of low balling every item listed. Takes all the fun out of exchanging audio equipment. And that is the thing. Many of us simply feel the urge to make changes in a system.

I have been seeking the sound that fits my ear for about forty years. When I had speakers I liked, the electronics were not up to speed. Vice versa. Now I am about as close as I have come to the desired experience. One of my pleasant additions was the Cambridge CXC transport. Then I found a preowned Bel Canto design DAC3. In a couple of months new Odys

sey amplification arrives. Next year I hope to exchange speakers - possibly returning to electrostats.

As the music changes occurred, so had my locations. Happily I stumbled upon a sweet college town in a great climate - Blacksburg, Virginia. Plan to hunker down here and develop a previously elusive social life.   

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Expecting a better experience
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2018, 01:16 am »
Welcome Beyond  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2018, 01:28 am »
Welcome!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2018, 02:02 am »
Welcome to AC, 2018andBeyond!

It seems you share the same affliction as me. I can't seem to stop being attracted by this or that piece of equipment even though I'm very happy with what I already own. There are just so many flavors to try.

Michael

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2018, 04:35 am »
This is a cemetery scene?

JakeJ

« Reply #5 on: 16 Sep 2018, 04:49 am »
I think the picture references his burying the past.

Welcome to AC, 2018andBeyond. Here's to the future. :beer:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: 16 Sep 2018, 06:55 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC &Beyond   :thumb: