Fish did a bad thing

John Casler

Fish did a bad thing
« on: 7 May 2009, 11:18 pm »
Caught the Laker/Houston game last night and the boys are beginning to play rough.

While I didn't quite catch the "pre-altercation" I did see Derek Fisher rather blatantly deliver a body blow  :o to a Houston Player (apparantly to send a message).

While I would like to see the Laker's do well, and I didn't know "Fish" was capable of such blatant actions.

I think he is going to face a suspension and fine, and I might have to agree. :nono:

I do like seeing them "mix it up" within the rules, but don't really like "hockey on hardwood" :duh:

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
Re: Fish did a bad thing
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2009, 11:58 pm »
It was a nice shot for sure, layed that fella out.  I didn't expect it from Fisher (the little enforcer) but knew he was capable.  I watched the game and it got chippie for sure.  Kobe gave Artest a little elbow to the throat and Ron didn't like that.  To his credit he kept his composure tried to plead to the refs with no success.  ended up going over to Kobe face to face and saying Ok, do it again, do it again and ended up getting tossed.  Loved his press conference, he'd matured but can likely snap at any moment I'm sure.  He even said while smiling "Kobe elbowed me in the throat...did he know he was elbowing Ron Artest."  Kobe was yapping the whole game saying "He (Shane Battier) can't guard, he can't F'ing guard me"  after basically every one of his 40+ pts. Let me just say the whole thing and the TNT post game comments by Barkley etc... had me laughing well into the late hours of the night.  That was worth staying up until 2am for.

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2009, 12:05 am »
Looks like Fish did get the 1 game boot

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9545712/NBA-suspends-Fisher,-Alston-for-1-game

I am surprised at the Kobe Elbow ruling, since in some videos, you see Artest pushing into Kobe from the rear and as the ball comes off the rim, Kobe seems to be reacting to raising his arms to go after the rebound and "Ron's neck got in the way".  You know kinda like a head butt to the face when you're over someone's back.

In any event, they are definately gonna have a much larger audience for Fridays Game. :lol:

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2009, 12:08 am »
Let me just say the whole thing and the TNT post game comments by Barkley etc... had me laughing well into the late hours of the night.  That was worth staying up until 2am for.
Luckily I'm on the Left Coast. aa

But remember Barkley now has "Wolverine's" titanium claws, and can out sprint anyone currently not playing sports. :scratch: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #4 on: 8 May 2009, 12:35 am »
Fisher was just trying to show Gasol and Bynum how to work on a big guy. He can't really help it if one of Houston's big guys is a pansy who can't take a shot. aa

Houston, you have a problem.  :lol:

Go Lakers,
Jerry

launche

« Reply #5 on: 8 May 2009, 12:44 am »
Now that Fisher body shot could very well be the defining moment of their post season.  They lost against Boston last year because the were not tough enough.  This series might very well test their toughness and if they pass will likely have gotten over the hump.

I just saw Kobe got defense first team honors over my guy Wade, that's just playing favorites.  But to be expected.

rydenfan

« Reply #6 on: 8 May 2009, 01:16 am »
Kobe's shot was deserving of a suspension. There is a lot of talk from inside the league that he has been getting worse over time and that it needs to come to a stop immediately. I have heard his foul will be upgraded to a Level 1 fragrant with a hefty fine. Stu Jackson is trying not to suspend Kobe but anymore from him wont be tolerated.

launche

« Reply #7 on: 8 May 2009, 01:25 am »
He is the league's best player and he does get in his shots for sure and IMO nobody really touches him, too much respect I think.  I rarely see hard fouls or very physical play on him.  Now Mr. Raja Bell touched him, it wasn't right but I liked that he touched him nicely and let him know not to try that stuff with me.  Maybe Artest needs to touch him and remind him that he is Ron Artest.

Thread sidebar:

Excuse but do you see Lebon James, the guy is just toying with players.  Now he has that confident I am the man attitude.
He and Kobe must meet in the finals.  Let's see if Lebron is ready to take the league from him.  I clearly remember them playing maybe two years ago and Lebron was not ready but now he looks ready.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #8 on: 8 May 2009, 01:45 am »
Fox Sports reports here that both the Lakers Derek Fisher and Orlandos Rafer Alston will receive a 1 game suspension for seperate game infractions wednesday night. Kobe Bryant moonwalks away from elbowing Artest.

Cheers,
Robin

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #9 on: 8 May 2009, 02:24 am »
Thread sidebar:

Excuse but do you see Lebon James, the guy is just toying with players.  Now he has that confident I am the man attitude.
He and Kobe must meet in the finals.  Let's see if Lebron is ready to take the league from him.  I clearly remember them playing maybe two years ago and Lebron was not ready but now he looks ready.

I wholeheartedly agree - I hope the Black Mamba and King James meet in the Finals.

Remember the couple times Magic and His Airness met? :thumb:    We're all due.

Go Lakers,
Jerry

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #10 on: 8 May 2009, 02:29 am »
Thread sidebar:

I wholeheartedly agree - I hope the Black Mamba and King James meet in the Finals.

Remember the couple times Magic and His Airness met? :thumb:    We're all due.

Go Lakers,
Jerry

I dunno bout that Jerry, Sir Charles Barkley says the Laker's won't get by the Denver Nugget's. :D

Cheers,
Robin

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #11 on: 8 May 2009, 02:41 am »
I dunno bout that Jerry, Sir Charles Barkley says the Laker's won't get by the Denver Nugget's. :D
Cheers,
Robin

Hey Robin!  :thumb:

What the hell does Barkley know? :dunno:   Shaq ended his career. 8)   

Chuck knows better...

Have fun,
Jerry

randytsuch

« Reply #12 on: 8 May 2009, 04:37 am »
It was a nice shot for sure, layed that fella out.  I didn't expect it from Fisher (the little enforcer) but knew he was capable.  I watched the game and it got chippie for sure.  Kobe gave Artest a little elbow to the throat and Ron didn't like that.  To his credit he kept his composure tried to plead to the refs with no success.  ended up going over to Kobe face to face and saying Ok, do it again, do it again and ended up getting tossed.  Loved his press conference, he'd matured but can likely snap at any moment I'm sure.  He even said while smiling "Kobe elbowed me in the throat...did he know he was elbowing Ron Artest."  Kobe was yapping the whole game saying "He (Shane Battier) can't guard, he can't F'ing guard me"  after basically every one of his 40+ pts. Let me just say the whole thing and the TNT post game comments by Barkley etc... had me laughing well into the late hours of the night.  That was worth staying up until 2am for.

That was Artest keeping his composure?  I would hate to see him lose his composure :scratch:

BTW, they analyzed the play today, and the reason Kobe was not suspended was because the elbow was in the chest, not the throat like Artest claimed.  I saw a pic on ESPN.com, and the elbow was not close to the throat.

Randy

launche

« Reply #13 on: 8 May 2009, 05:28 am »
Funny Randy,

Well I think the Detriot smack down is an example of Artest losing his composure.  If you saw his interviews you will see that he described being very calculated in his actions during the incident.  You would also see as much if you watch the scene.  he went to the refs and pleaded his case and when that didn't work he went to let Kobe know you are not going to throw elbows (whether chest or neck, remember that point is he threw an elbow and where it landed is all time and chance.)  Now he could have gone up to Kobe and knocked his damn head off, a few years ago maybe he would have.

Now reverse the situation and have Artest throw the body block that Fisher did or the elbow and so on, the media would be painting him as crazy Artest a mad on the court, suspend him for 2-3 games.  Poor Kobe and the Lakers playing against these brutes etc...