Where can I ask questions on this site about Vision SET 120 ?

DecibleDude

I'd like to know if 1 volt output from my FM tuner is enough for the control amp to reach loud listening levels. Also will the amp work well with 14 gauge high purity copper speaker cord. Not the fancy woven cable type, but the kind that looks like regular lamp cord?

danielgk

• AVA engineer/technicion
The SET120 will run up to full power with a 1v input.  The control amp even more so as the amp board is built with a higher gain to work better with the volume control.  The wire that you mentioned should work just fine for speaker wire.

Dan

DecibleDude

Thank you Dan. I've ordered the amp but that one question had me a little worried because I read in one of the reviews that the amp would play well with modern 2v stuff. It didn't say that it wouldn't with less, but that was the source of my concern. If everything is as hoped I'll probably get the phono preamp next as I like what I've read about that as well. Even though I haven't heard the amp I love how neat and clean the unit looks with the cover off in the pics. Also in my youth many years ago I had a Hafler amp which used mos fets and I remember that fondly. Spartan is my philosophy, not a fan of bells and whistles in audio gear, or camera gear, my other hobby.