LLC62W-8A Woofers For Group Purchase

JakeJ

Re: LLC62W-8A Woofers For Group Purchase
« Reply #20 on: 22 Apr 2023, 04:38 pm »
So you will pay for the order when it's ready to ship?  Or did you pay already (or a deposit)?  I don't feel it's right to ask you to foot the bill even if temporarily.  Plus there is shipping to calculate.  Let me know how you want to handle this.

And thanks again for taking point on this, George!

Jake

GeorgeAb

« Reply #21 on: 24 Apr 2023, 09:07 pm »
So you will pay for the order when it's ready to ship?  Or did you pay already (or a deposit)?  I don't feel it's right to ask you to foot the bill even if temporarily.  Plus there is shipping to calculate.  Let me know how you want to handle this.

And thanks again for taking point on this, George!

Jake

No biggey, I got this. CC is given at order, charged when they ship. When I have the total shipped to me, I'll divide by quantity for unit cost. Then find cheapest shipping cost (likely FedEx Ground) to individuals for total due. That is when I'll ask for payment. Assume you will pick up when you come over this summer for sub and surrounds. 

JakeJ

« Reply #22 on: 24 Apr 2023, 09:49 pm »
You da man!  Thanks!

G E

« Reply #23 on: 26 Apr 2023, 04:14 pm »
No biggey, I got this. CC is given at order, charged when they ship. When I have the total shipped to me, I'll divide by quantity for unit cost. Then find cheapest shipping cost (likely FedEx Ground) to individuals for total due. That is when I'll ask for payment. Assume you will pick up when you come over this summer for sub and surrounds.

George,

Check out pirateship.com

They are a shipping consolidator that offers discounted rates with UPS and USPS

I’ve used them for a couple years and they are great.

GeorgeAb

« Reply #24 on: 27 Apr 2023, 03:49 pm »
George,

Check out pirateship.com

They are a shipping consolidator that offers discounted rates with UPS and USPS

I’ve used them for a couple years and they are great.

Thanks Greg. Set up an account with them. 35% discount for shipping 4 drivers from Seattle to Miami.... nice!

So everyone purchasing has an idea of shipping costs.

For 4 speakers, 16X15X5 23lbs shipping from Seattle to Miami is $34 via UPS Ground. This is an estimate as I will provide exact amount when shipping.   

JakeJ

« Reply #25 on: 27 Apr 2023, 04:17 pm »
Well, Seattle, WA to Kennewick, WA will be twelve of bucks!  LOL and JK.

Seriously though, I took a look at pirateship and it appears to be the next best thing to Amazon Prime.  This may help offer affordable shipping rates for some of my big and heavy pieces of gear.  Thanks for the tip, G E.

GeorgeAb

« Reply #26 on: 16 May 2023, 08:52 pm »
Speakers arrived today. Total was $1,675.55 so it will be $105/driver plus shipping to you. I will PM you folks with information and get your addresses. You can either send a pdf of a prepaid shipping label with USPS, UPS, or FedEx or I can take care of.  16x16x5 28 lbs for 4 drivers.

« Last Edit: 17 May 2023, 02:33 am by GeorgeAb »

G E

« Reply #27 on: 17 May 2023, 02:22 am »
George- glad to help with the pirateship tip

Shipping costs have taken off in addition to the “Superman” prices everywhere (up, up, and AWAY!)

This is a nice break on shipping!

GeorgeAb

« Reply #28 on: 17 May 2023, 07:19 pm »
Been a busy beaver. All the labels created and applied. Ready to ship, Jake's coming over today. Appreciate the use of friends and family payment option so I don't have to convince IRS at end of year that it was a zero sum game.

Thanks again Greg (G E) on the pirateship tip. Collectively saved $57.26 on the three parcels to be shipped. 

So I swapped out my drivers in my 626R this morning. They had the megawoofers, but these new drivers just look so nice. The origiinal drivers will now be spares. I remember reading about a removing drivers hack someone mentioned in this forum. Props to whoever provided the info of larger screw to get into driver body screw hole and pull out. That hack worked so well! Was always the hardest part of removing drivers that have been in for years.