June News is up with pic's of LeAmpII!!!!

Andrew JC

hk29

« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2003, 01:52 pm »
http://www.norh.com/news.html

Happy b-day norh

nice pictures

taketwo

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun 2003, 02:10 pm »
Le Amp II. I'm tempted. I like the looks too!

mbarnes

• http://www.norh.com
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2003, 03:51 pm »
Thank you for the comments.   When we do something like this, we have an idea of how we want it to look but we don't know if it is going to look anything like we want it until we get the samples back.

I like the look of the front but I want to make a couple of changes. I want to make the power switch more recessed. I also would like to make the top black instead of silver.  I think that will look better.

I wanted something that looks like a baby monster amp.  The heat sinks are absolutely necessary because of the power we will generate.  The heat sinks have really increased our cost.  

I believe this is going to be a product that everyone will like very much.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 1 Jun 2003, 06:03 pm »
Wow!  Congrats on the LA II!  Looks like you've really outdone yourself.  I'd have been content with the looks as pictured, but a black top and recessed power switch will make it look even better.  I'm thankful that it has a front power switch; I'm not a fan of the "auto turnon" switch like Outlaw uses for their monoblocs.

BTW, a few of us have been discussing how to go about implementing just the type of computer music server you discuss on your June news page; you just may have saves us weeks of research!  I'm very anxious to study in depth the computer products you manufacture.

I'm practically foaming at the mouth waiting for my amps, but the short wait will be well worth it if the new product is even half as good as it looks like it will be.

Thanks, MB!

mbarnes

« Reply #5 on: 1 Jun 2003, 06:51 pm »
Thank you very much for your comments.  We have outdone ourselves with Le Amp 2.  We do lots of cases. We order in the 1000 quantities for computers.  We expected the Le Amp case to cost $25.00 USD.  Imagine my shock when it came back at $70.00.  I was really surprised.  I now understand.  Most high-end amplifiers have large heatsinks. These have to be custom extruded. The setup is expensive and the heatsinks are then sold by weight.  There is a lot of aluminum in Le Amp 2. Our other cases are made of steel so that makes them cheaper.  

However, the end result is the amplifier looks more expensive.  

Le Amp 2 is a product of all the suggestions we got over the past two years.  We had a lot of people wanting XLR conectors.  I am anxious to get the amplifier out in people's hands so they can start reporting on it.

Quote from: Rob Babcock
Wow!  Congrats on the LA II!  Looks like you've really outdone yourself.  I'd have been content with the looks as pictured, but a black top and recessed power switch will make it look even better.  I'm thankful that it has a front power switch; I'm not a fan of the "auto turnon" switch like Outlaw uses for their monoblocs.

BTW, a few of us have been discussing how to go about implementing just the type of computer music server you discuss on your June news page; you just may have saves us weeks of ...

wshuff

« Reply #6 on: 1 Jun 2003, 08:13 pm »
How would somebody go about taking advantage of this introductory price?  The online order form looks like it would require me to calculate all the charges, but the price of the LeAmp 2 doesn't include shipping.  How do you calculate that?  I'm in Kentucky.  Is the amp shipped from Thailand?  My interest has been sparked, but I need some help.  Thanks.

hk29

« Reply #7 on: 1 Jun 2003, 11:37 pm »
the LeAmps II have XLR?

Can we get pictures of the back?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 1 Jun 2003, 11:38 pm »
Yes, they do! 8)

hk29

« Reply #9 on: 1 Jun 2003, 11:41 pm »
Cool!  I must of missed that...

Marbles

HK, I got your Pic right here!
« Reply #10 on: 1 Jun 2003, 11:41 pm »

hk29

« Reply #11 on: 1 Jun 2003, 11:57 pm »
Cool! Thanks Marbles!

I wish they used gold plated speaker connectors vs. the plastic ones.

I can't wait.

taketwo

« Reply #12 on: 2 Jun 2003, 12:12 am »
Quote from: hk29
Cool! Thanks Marbles!

I wish they used gold plated speaker connectors vs. the plastic ones.

I can't wait.

Well for < $200 you can't have everything now can you?  :mrgreen:

Now if only Mr Barnes can make it all black except for the faceplate, I'm sold!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 2 Jun 2003, 12:32 am »
Any chance of gold binding posts?  I almost feel like a cad even suggesting it at the price, but I'd sure be willing to pony up the extra bucks for that feature.

It's sure not a deal breaker, tho! 8)  :lol:

mbarnes

« Reply #14 on: 2 Jun 2003, 02:29 am »
Let me see what I can do on the gold plated speaker connectors.  

I am going to ask for everything to be black except the faceplate

wshuff

« Reply #15 on: 2 Jun 2003, 03:35 am »
Could somebody please tell me how to go about ordering?  I've found the form, but I don't know how to calculate the charges since shipping isn't included.  I'm ready to step up to the plate if somebody can point me in the right direction.  Thanks.

mbarnes

« Reply #16 on: 2 Jun 2003, 04:07 am »
We won't know the exact shipping charges yet. Our plan is to e-mail everyone to let them know what the charges are and then ship the units once the shipment is approved.  My guess is that the charge will be $50 each unit.

Andrew JC

« Reply #17 on: 2 Jun 2003, 02:33 pm »
Sorry to ask the stupid question, as for shipping do you mean $50 each or $50 per pair? For my 2 cents on the design I would leave the top silver and not paint it black. If you do that it's just going to be a black box with a pretty face. Also I think chrome screws instead of black would give a better appearance. At the end of the day I'm more concerned on how it sounds than looks alone. Thanks....andy

mbarnes

« Reply #18 on: 2 Jun 2003, 04:16 pm »
I am guessing $50.00 each. We don't know yet.  As for color, we don't paint our cases, they are generally powder coated.    In most cases that top would not be seen unless it is on the floor.  

I believe I can change out the connectors to a gold plated connector.  This is not an expensive upgrade.

hk29

« Reply #19 on: 2 Jun 2003, 05:51 pm »
Great!  Thanks Michael!  I think the case looks great let alone the additional changes.

I can't wait!!!