Burnout Revenge Review

Woodsea

Burnout Revenge Review
« on: 7 Jun 2006, 02:30 am »
The version I have is the 360 outputting 720p on a wall.  The look and depth of the graphics is luscious.  The car crashes come through both the wireless controller and my 500w VMPS original, it is visceral :o
The game is both easy and frustratingly addicting.  Some races or crash are simple and some downright impossible for this old geezer.  Though it does not stop me from yelling at the screen and pushing the replay button :wink:
I have to tell you I loved the previous version as well, I love to drive fast.  This is a great game for those ten minutes of lax time you have before going out with the Mrs or going to work.  You can boot up the machine and fly through the city streets of Tokyo get a crash bonus and out the door in 10 minutes.
They do not have real car licenses so all are custom made and are sweet looking and go very quickly.  I just got a real screamer that goes 209 mph last night.  At that speed careening through the mountain side in hi-def goodness is a site to behold.  Did I say twitch factor, it is a rush.  I have the neighborhood kid over everyday playing the game on just the 20 inch TV. racing against my 7yr odl daughter.  It is a game for all ages.  No blood or physical violence, just lots of flying debris!
This is a no-brainer buy

mcrespo71

Burnout Revenge Review
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2006, 02:39 am »
I always found the burnout games really fun on the original Xbox.  Glad the next generation one turned out good!