VR-35

Jaco Pastorius

• On a sinkin ship,women and rythm section first!
VR-35
« on: 22 Jul 2011, 10:41 am »
Hi all VSA fans !

Wanted to start a own thread for the VR-35.
I guess I have mine in about 3 weeks time.The Norwegian distributor of VSA speakers got my pair about a week ago,but is now on holiday for about 3 weeks,so I will pick them up when he's back. The impressions so far from those having heard them seems very good,seems they do what I was hoping for,making MUSIC !

In this thread I thought we could share impressions,pictures,matching-gear,music aso.

I have owned VSA speakers like VR5Anniversary,DB99,VR4genIII HSE,VR4Jr ,VR3 and at the moment a pair of excellent VR-2. I have loved them all,and VR5Anni are probably the best speakers I've ever heard,or not heard  :wink:  For me ultimately I don't want to hear the speaker itself,I'm after all the excellent music that has been recorded !!  :D 
Seems from all the impressions around,mainly about the VR-33 so far,that these speakers are really music-making machines,and a character that seem to be the general impression, a little on the forgiving side towards "bad" recordings.Thats excactly what I'm looking for,I must be able to put on any recording and not be irritated about that the record itself sounding bad.
The VR-2 in my room and set-up do have this excellent "musical" quality,letting me focus on the music on all recordings !  :D 

Thanks to Darth Audio,Cor Dekker and Greg Weaver among others,for answering my questions before I made the decision to go for the VR-35  :D 

So the glove is throwed ! ,feel free to jump in with comments and experiences  :D 

Kind regards,
Rune
« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2011, 07:57 pm by Jaco Pastorius »

DARTH AUDIO

Re: VR-35
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2011, 01:07 pm »
Hi all VSA fans !

I guess I have mine in about 3 weeks time.The Norwegian distributor of VSA speakers got my pair about a week ago,but is on holiday for about 3 weeks,so I will pick them up when he's back. The impressions so far from those having heard them seems very good,seems they do what I was hoping for,making MUSIC !

In this thread I thought we could share impressions,pictures,matching-gear,music aso.

I have owned VSA speakers like VR5Anniversary,DB99,VR4genIII HSE,VR4Jr. ,VR3 and at the moment a pair of excelent VR-2. I have loved them all,and VR5Anni are probably the best speakers I've ever heard,or not heard  :wink:  For me ultimately I don't want to hear the speaker itself,I'm after all the excelent music that has been recorded !!  :D 
Seems from all the impressions around,mainly about the VR-33 so far,that these speakers are really music-making machines,and a character that seem to be the general impression, a little on the forgiving side towards "bad" recordings.Thats excactly what I'm looking for,I must be able to put on any recording and not be irritated about that the record itself sounding bad.
The VR-2 in my room and set-up do have this excelent "musical" quality,letting me focus on the music on all recordings !  :D 

Thanks to Darth Audio,Cor Dekker and Greg Weaver among others,for answering my questions before I made the decision to go for the VR-35  :D 

So the glow is throwed ! ,feel free to jump in with comments and experiences  :D 

Kind regards,
Rune
Rune, Enjoy my friend!! You will have many enjoyable hours of listening. My VR-33's are jamming as I type.

Gary

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2011, 02:24 pm »
Hi all VSA fans !

I guess I have mine in about 3 weeks time.The Norwegian distributor of VSA speakers got my pair about a week ago,but is on holiday for about 3 weeks,so I will pick them up when he's back. The impressions so far from those having heard them seems very good,seems they do what I was hoping for,making MUSIC !

I have owned VSA speakers like VR5Anniversary,DB99,VR4genIII HSE,VR4Jr. ,VR3 and at the moment a pair of excelent VR-2. I have loved them all,and VR5Anni are probably the best speakers I've ever heard,or not heard  :wink:  For me ultimately I don't want to hear the speaker itself,I'm after all the excelent music that has been recorded !!  :D 
The VR-2 in my room and set-up do have this excelent "musical" quality,letting me focus on the music on all recordings !  :D 

So the glow is throwed ! ,feel free to jump in with comments and experiences  :D 

Kind regards,
Rune

+1 re: VR5 Anniversaries  :thumb:

Jaco Pastorius

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2011, 09:09 am »
Thanks Gary!
Input from a musicphile like you was important for my decision :D

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2011, 07:11 am »
Hello Rune,

Welcome with your thread for VR 35 comments and experiences.

Hope three weeks will fly.

We will read your comment soon.

Cor

zugisland

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2011, 03:08 pm »
I am looking to get mine in a bout a week Rune..so hope to hear from you adn others as I will post after I get mine..which i wanted socked in Silver...V

Jaco Pastorius

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 2011, 09:54 am »
Hi Cor,
yes I will post my impressions when I get them,hopefully time will fly until then  :D

Hi zugisland,
looking forward to hear from you when you get yours  :D
I ordered mine in black and with brown wood top and bottom plate,excactly like those pictured on the VSA website.

Rune

Jaco Pastorius

« Reply #7 on: 25 Jul 2011, 10:25 am »
I started this VSA fan thread some years ago,probably not that many who understand norwegian  :roll: ,but at least pictures are universal  :thumb:
Shows most of the VS speakers I've owned in my current living-room. In page 12 you see pictures of my VR-35 in the store of the Norwegian VSA distributor,the main-man 8) Roald Mikkelsen beside my VR-35 on one of the pictures   http://www.hifisentralen.no/forum/index.php/topic,24541.0.html

zugisland

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jul 2011, 02:55 am »
Thanks jaco as I said mine are in silver and i think both are very handsome...Also talked to a feew dealers in the last few days who DONOT carry VS speakers and to a man they all trashed the line...whew...of course anything they arent carryign is junk..lol...

JackD201

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jul 2011, 05:04 am »
Insecurity has a funny way of manifesting itself huh?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jaco Pastorius

« Reply #10 on: 27 Jul 2011, 10:30 am »
Thanks jaco as I said mine are in silver and i think both are very handsome...Also talked to a feew dealers in the last few days who DONOT carry VS speakers and to a man they all trashed the line...whew...of course anything they arent carryign is junk..lol...

I like both too!

Hehe,I'm not very surprised to hear that story.
I loose quite a bit respect for both dealers and manufacturers who can't brag a little about some gear they don't sell or haven't made.
I like the fact that Albert is giving a little bit credit to another great speaker-maker,Peter Snell,as partly inspiration for the VR-33/VR-35. See Greg Weavers review of VR-33 .

Looking forward to hearing your first impressions of the VR-35  :)   
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2011, 10:09 am by Jaco Pastorius »

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #11 on: 28 Jul 2011, 09:54 pm »
I started this VSA fan thread some years ago,probably not that many who understand norwegian  :roll: ,but at least pictures are universal  :thumb:
Shows most of the VS speakers I've owned in my current living-room. In page 12 you see pictures of my VR-35 in the store of the Norwegian VSA distributor,the main-man 8) Roald Mikkelsen beside my VR-35 on one of the pictures   http://www.hifisentralen.no/forum/index.php/topic,24541.0.html

Hey Rune,

How nice is your link to the 'hifisentralen forum' filled with nice pictures.
Roald never told me Norway had so many "VSA-enthusiasm".
I need some time to translate all of this but I hope the google translator can help me.

Cor

JackD201

« Reply #12 on: 28 Jul 2011, 10:15 pm »

Stacked U3s!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks for the link Rune!

One good turn deserves another :) You can share the pics in the following link at hifisentralen if you wish. I took the pictures.  :thumb:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?451-Most-extreme-Von-Schweikert-system-on-the-planet/page6&highlight=extreme+schweikert

Jaco Pastorius

« Reply #13 on: 29 Jul 2011, 09:50 am »
Hey Rune,

How nice is your link to the 'hifisentralen forum' filled with nice pictures.
Roald never told me Norway had so many "VSA-enthusiasm".
I need some time to translate all of this but I hope the google translator can help me.

Cor

I don't think we have enough VSA-enthusiasts  :wink: ,but at least the crowd is growing  :thumb:

Jaco Pastorius

« Reply #14 on: 29 Jul 2011, 10:03 am »
JackD ,my pleasure!
The stacked Uni3s is Roalds idea.The picture is from his very nice store in Bergen(Norway),and everyone who has heard them seems very impressed by the realism and musicality.
I don't know if Albert has tried or seen that...
Maybe they are baby VR-11s ? ! ?   :drums: 

Thanks for the link to that incredible set-up !!! I will post it in the norwegian hifi-sentralen thread !

Best,
Rune

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #15 on: 29 Jul 2011, 11:14 am »
No doubt they must sound good but i'd be concerned with the stability.  Looks like a well placed sneeze could topple them  :o

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #16 on: 29 Jul 2011, 01:54 pm »
Hello Gavin,

Looks like a 'stimulus initiative' for Albert to create a mini VR 11 to complete the Unifield Line. A "Unifield Four" ??
Let's wait and see.  :roll:

Cor

Jaco Pastorius

« Reply #17 on: 29 Jul 2011, 06:32 pm »
No doubt they must sound good but i'd be concerned with the stability.  Looks like a well placed sneeze could topple them  :o

Hehe,that was about the same response I had the first time I saw them.
Maybe a warning sign, " sit still and breathe carefully! "
Roald said they actually are quite stable,he uses some kind of bluetac stuff to keep them "glued" together.

I probably will try the same with 2 pairs of VR-35s  :guns:   ( just kidding)

Jaco Pastorius

« Reply #18 on: 30 Jul 2011, 11:48 am »
I don't know how many VR-35s have been sold,but I guess there must be some?
If any owners see this thread please feel free to jump in with experience so far.
If anyone heard them and want to share their impressions,I will appreciate that,even if its negative :wink:  IMO there is no such thing as a perfect speaker.

Maybe you Cor could share some of your main impressions of the VR-35 so far ? I guess you've got to know them quite well since you've had them for over a year now  :)

JackD201

« Reply #19 on: 30 Jul 2011, 06:53 pm »
A friend ordered a pair from us so we should be setting it up in a month or so. It will be my first time to hear them too so I'll keep you guys posted.  :thumb: