NX-Studio vs X-Omni

Moore66982

NX-Studio vs X-Omni
« on: 16 Nov 2023, 01:58 pm »
I have had a set of X-Omni's for a few years in my office and love the spacial dynamics of them. I have the speakers on either side of me with each one toed in directly towards my desk chair. I'm powering them with a set of schiitt gjallarhorns (wonderfull little amps) one per channel. I also have a in-line filter to trim off the bottom frequencies.
I'm thinking of upgrading to a set of NX-Studios on stands in the same arrangement in my office. Curious if anyone also has any x-omni's and nx-studios that can describe the differences? Of course I realize the difference in price point, but the design is a big consideration and why I'm considering this.. 

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Re: NX-Studio vs X-Omni
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2023, 05:56 pm »
The tweeters used in the NX line will always outperform the Encore tweeter.  They are more transparent and in my opinion, smoother.  Less fatiguing.  Not that the Encore tweeter is fatiguing or even bad.  It’s not.  It’s still a great tweeter.  But it’s a step down compared to the planer magnetic tweeter.
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2023, 01:49 am by corndog71 »

Beerbellydad

« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2023, 06:16 pm »
I actually do own both of these sets of speakers and went from the Omnis to the Studios in my main system. The Omnis have a sense of openness to them and that's why I still use them as surrounds. Corndog is right, though, while the Omnis are spacious, the Studios are transparent and crank up the level of detail by a lot. the Omnis dig deeper (room dependent, i suppose) but if you already roll off the low end, it suggests spelunking bass is not necessarily your jam.

My desk situation is similar to yours except I use Encores instead of Omnis. I tell you, though, if I had the space and resources to upgrade them to another pair of Studios, I would do so in a heartbeat. They're pretty magical.

Moore66982

« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2023, 07:15 pm »
Thanks Corndog and Beerbelly..
Just feedback I was looking for..
 Guess I'll be ordering a pair in the new year..

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 17 Nov 2023, 08:39 pm »
Those guys pretty well nailed it.