M3 Sapphires Compared to M3TM (early impressions)

SnowPuppy77

Re: M3 Sapphires Compared to M3TM (early impressions)
« Reply #40 on: 25 Nov 2019, 08:08 pm »
Screw the nice finish! I think the biggest issue is that, Snowpuppy is drinking Water when listening to his TM's and Milk & Cookies with his Sapphires. I thought that Spatial speakers were made to be listened to with a nice glass of Pinot Noir?  :nono:

That is a great idea just not for breakfast 8).  My Dad is coming to visit this Wednesday.  He is an audiophile and is looking forward to an audition.  Will be rum and coke for him.

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #41 on: 29 Nov 2019, 12:22 am »
So I’m thinking about getting the anticables for my M3’s. Want to be ready :wink:
Does the M3S accept banana plugs or just spades?
Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

rich2ch

« Reply #42 on: 29 Nov 2019, 01:40 am »
How did your father like the sapphires?

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #43 on: 29 Nov 2019, 02:24 am »
So I’m thinking about getting the anticables for my M3’s. Want to be ready :wink:
Does the M3S accept banana plugs or just spades?
Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Sapphires will accept both banana plugs or spades.  I am using banana plugs.

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #44 on: 29 Nov 2019, 03:01 am »
How did your father like the sapphires?

I think he really likes them.  He keeps wanting to go back to the listening room and hear stuff.  We are listening now.  I am sure the rest of the family thinks we are being a little anti-social.  But we are both audiophiles and do not get to see each other very often and we really enjoying these listening sessions.  We played a Chopin Nocturne recording that my Dad is particularly fond of and he loved it.  It was amazingly clear, bright, yet easily to listen to.  Not as dark a tonal balance as the M3TM.  The M3TM is a joy with piano none the less.  My Dad has a pair of Magnepan 3.7i with a wonderful amp from the golden years of Musical Fidelity (KW500 with those military cold war tubes).  In my opinion those 6ft tall Maggies are dream speakers when it comes to piano.  I will not say that the Sapphires are quite as grand as the 3.7i when it comes to piano but they hold their own with excellent clarity and dynamic shading. 

We played Telarc Tchaikovsky 1812.  The recording is very distant until the climax which was terrifying in power.  We had it really cranked and the M3 handled the massive bass transients from the cannons and drums without strain and with lots of detail.  If you are familiar with this recording you know what I mean.  We were just wowed by the climax of the Saint Saens Organ Symphony.  We have listened for several hours through the day.

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #45 on: 7 Dec 2019, 07:25 pm »
Curious. What are the spike/footers like on the M3’s?
I’m putting mine on wooden floors. Was thinking about Isoacoustics Gaia’s

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #46 on: 7 Dec 2019, 07:47 pm »
Curious. What are the spike/footers like on the M3’s?
I’m putting mine on wooden floors. Was thinking about Isoacoustics Gaia’s

They come with metal cones that are flat on the bottom already installed.  They also come with cone spikes and an adapter for the spikes that would work on hard wood floor.  Also some felt if needed for the flat bottom cone feet or the spike feet receptors.  The pre-installed feet with or without the coned spikes keep the baffle well off the floor.
 Here is a pic of what was in pouch:

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #47 on: 7 Dec 2019, 08:58 pm »
Thanks snowpuppy! Great options for now.

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #48 on: 7 Dec 2019, 10:15 pm »
Thanks snowpuppy! Great options for now.

Thanks to your question I thought it was time to try the spikes.  I always thought they were a little short until I actually looked at the bottom of the pre-installed cones and discovered that the spikes screw into them and they are not short at all.  Now that the spikes are in I noticed improved imaging and bass tightness right off the bat.  They are staying in for sure.  Here are a couple pics:

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #49 on: 16 Dec 2019, 10:47 pm »
Cart before the horse. Well my Anticables are here. Thanks Paul!!
Patient for my M3’s I am a good boy!!
Maybe I should put them on my Christmas tree  :lol:

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #50 on: 17 Dec 2019, 12:05 am »

What amplifier will you be using?

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #51 on: 17 Dec 2019, 12:17 am »
I have two that I’m going to be trying.
A Krell Digital Vanguard
SPL Performer Amp w/Director Mk2 Preamp
Of course keeping my eyes on the LTA as well

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #52 on: 17 Dec 2019, 12:33 am »

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #53 on: 17 Dec 2019, 12:57 am »

That should definitely get it done.  Look forward to hearing your updates.

jazzman463

« Reply #54 on: 17 Dec 2019, 01:04 pm »
Hey, The M5's are in Dallas making there way to south Florida. looks like tomorrow or Thursday. They had a "snow" delay, something I am not familiar with.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #55 on: 17 Dec 2019, 01:20 pm »
Hey, The M5's are in Dallas making there way to south Florida. looks like tomorrow or Thursday. They had a "snow" delay, something I am not familiar with.

Christmas comes early! Enjoy........ :thumb:

Shakey

timing3435

« Reply #56 on: 17 Dec 2019, 08:18 pm »

Yes, Mine are to be delivered tomorrow.

Jprod

« Reply #57 on: 17 Dec 2019, 08:25 pm »

Just placed an order myself ! Just curious how long did it take from placing order to delivery ?

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #58 on: 17 Dec 2019, 10:31 pm »
About 2 weeks and got a coupon for my next order and a personal thanks from Paul. Not sure with the holidays but I still am waiting for my M3’s anyway.I appreciate that Customer Service! I’m now looking at getting some xlr patch cables for my amp/preamp. Maybe the 3.1’s for synergy.

timing3435

« Reply #59 on: 19 Dec 2019, 09:15 pm »
Yes, Mine are to be delivered tomorrow.
Mine arrived yesterday...Box is big, packed well.  Allot of rotation of speakers to get at feet out.  Lay speakers on their side (when in styrofoam )  to remove feet from top of styrofoam, one is on each end of the speaker. Have an electric drill charged and ready to go to remove screws for feet attachment? I got no instructions on how to install but nothing too hard. Remember you are handling 85 lbs. and sequencing all of the unpacking is important.
   This is the first time I have had OB speakers so this is new to me. They sound great to me right out of the box. The bass is so distinct and resolved even if they are not broken in yet. The music sound is so coherent. Vocals are rich and smooth.  The high end guitar in Riviera Paradise is not what I am used to, but the overall sound across the spectrum sounds better to me.  I want more high end at this point but this might be that I have never heard bass or coherent sound like this. My other speaker's overemphasis the high end because the bass is not true. Given I understand bass better it may be more of my learned hearing.  We shall see as this unfolds.