What about budget two channel amp?

BradJudy

« on: 23 Mar 2005, 02:49 am »
Dusty,

While I am not in the market, I have followed your product line based on high praise of the quality and value.  One thing that has always made me wonder, why isn't there a 'budget' amp in the line-up?  With the prices on your other products, if seems like $1000 to your cheapest amp is a bit of a jump.  It seems like a two channel amp around $500 would match with the rest of the lineup.  

Am I on crack?   :D

Brad

CIAudio

« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2005, 04:17 am »
Maybe in the future there will be some slick class D chipsets that will allow this, but for right now...it's just not possible. We hand build all of our products here in California, which is much more expensive than having them built in an offshore sweatshop. All of our metal work, circuit boards, etc. are also custom made locally...it costs more, but "ya get what ya pay for". I doubt you'll find a decent US made amp for $500.

BradJudy

« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2005, 05:25 am »
Thanks for the reply.  I thought perhaps with a single chassis, shared power supply, and lower power it might be possible, but I certainly trust your judgement.  As you said, perhaps with some of the newer options there will be a possibility.