AudioCircle Exclusive! SilverFi Audition Tour USA!

BobRex

Re: AudioCircle Exclusive! SilverFi Audition Tour USA!
« Reply #60 on: 2 Oct 2006, 08:31 pm »
This is a review of my round with the audition samples.

I've been testing the Elixer, Shaman, Phrygian cables.  My system is analog, starting with a HW19mk2.5 (never did the acrylic plinth), Alphason MC1000 rewired with Cardas wire, VDH Frog, Gary Markewicz (sp?) phono cable into a Herron VTP-1MC phonostage,  connected via a Wireworld Equinox III to a Joule Electra LA100MKIII, connected to Welborne Moondogs Ultimate(2A3 SET, Sylvania VT231s, Mullard GZ37, EML mesh plates) via an old MAS interconnect.  The Moondogs drive (actually drove, more on that below) Acoustic Energy AE1 mini monitors (low efficiency, but 16 ohms - it actually works (worked) rather well at levels below 90dB.)

My first test was to replace the Wireworld cable between phono and pre.  On the turntable was Maddy Prior "Woman in the Wings", side one (English Chrysalis - 1978 pressing).  The last two songs (Gutter Geese and Rollercoaster) were used for the test.  Here the Elixer sounded brighter than my Equinox, but had less bass energy and less dimensionality.  In Rollercoaster, Ian Anderson doubles on vocals at a lower almost gutteral level.  The Elixer didn't pull his contribution out the way the Wireworld did.  Next up, Oregon "In Performance" (Electra -1978), same thing, brighter, but not quite enough meat on the bones. Same with "Time Out" (Classic) and Mike Oldfield's "Five Miles Out" (Island 1980).  This cable wasn't my cup of tea.

Next I swapped in the Shaman.  Same records, much different result.  Now along with the additional highs, there was some heft.  Anderson's contribution became clearer, Oregon's stage opened up, and Time Out took on a whole new perspective.  It seemes that adding the additional conductors (the difference between the Elixer and Shaman is the number of wires) added additional low frequency weight. On Time Out, when Morello hits the kick drum, the recording site lights up.  This wasn't apparent with the Elixer.

Exchanging to the Phrygian resulted in more of the same, but with an added level of .. ummm... wholeness.  The presentation just seemed more organic, more natural.  Morello still lit up the stage, but it was different, more extended.  Anderson's vocals now had a physical body. 

For the next test I kept the Phrygian in the phono loop and (after rearranging my rack to accomodate the shorter cables) installed the Shaman between the JE and the Moondogs.  Now things were really cooking!  This was damned close to perfection.  The sound became even more organic and details rose up. I added "Sketches of Spain" (Classic) to hear how denser orchstration would fare, and it fared well.  The separation between players was better than I had ever heard before.  And the bite on Miles' trumpet (even with the mute) was such that you could almost feel the spit.

I had to stop the tests right after I put Sketches away for the evening.  Kneeling down to pick up the jacket, I noticed a dark strip on "something"  on the floor.  That "something" turned out to be an inch strip of woofer surround that blew off of one of the drivers.  Further investigation showed that the surrounds on both woofers had deteriorated to the point where they were falling apart.  So for the time being my system is down for the count.  With luck, I'll have new speakers before the next round of the tour comes my way.

So the bottom line is: I think the Shaman and Phrygian offer performance far above their asking price.  I wish I could have spent more time getting their measure.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #61 on: 12 Oct 2006, 01:56 am »
I have received from earlmarc/Marcus the SilverFi Phyrigian MK.II and Magician Mk. II interconnects....and a pair of speaker cables....the Topkapi.....they are very different looking SC's...very.... :o
I'll be listening once again, and post comments in 2-3 weeks....thanks. :thumb:

Chris

earlmarc

« Reply #62 on: 13 Oct 2006, 09:57 pm »
Once you move up to the Black Series Spirit and Sorcerer IC's, you can't go back to the Blue and Purple Series IC's from SilverFi.  :drool: After further breakin, these cables are more resolving, musical and dynamic than the Mark II Purples series. They continue to improve after about 200hrs of breakin. I sent my Black Sand power cords back to John for the latest upgrades and have been using the stock cords on my amplifier and preamplifier. I thought for sure I'd miss my power cords alot. They added alot to the overall sound of my system when I was using the Magician and Phyrigian MarkII IC's. However, since using the Black Series Spirit and Sorcerer with stock cords, the musical experience is the best I've had. Resolution, dynamics, and bass performance has improved. This is not a reflection on the Black Sand Cables, they are awesome and I can't wait to get the upgraded power cords back. The Black Series with the Silv. Ref. MKV and Chromuim will surely be a treat. I have gained a sense of when Sezai's cords are broke-in and my senses tell me another 100hrs or so will give me alot more to talk about. I'll report my findings after more time with these cables.

nature boy

« Reply #63 on: 16 Oct 2006, 08:42 pm »
I've have been listening to the Elixer, Shaman, Phrygian interconnect cables in my system the last two weeks.  In order to get the best sense of these cables, I took the my preamp out of the chain.  So listening included my APL modified Pioneer DV-563A-s universal CD/SACD/DVD-A player, running into my DNA LA-100V - reference modified solid state ART SLA-1, and then to my Vandersteen 2CE signature speakers.

I was extremely impressed with the sound quality of the Silver Fi interconnects, which I assume utilize a silver conductor.  My past experience with silver IC's have left me wanting - usually as a result of sibilant treble response and rolled off bass response.  These cables sounded very relaxed, threw a huge soundstage, with great tonality.  I preferred the Shaman IC's in my system.  The Phyrgian just gave me too much of a good thing, especially in the bass department.

The Silver Fi cables sure have changed my impression of silver cables for the good.  They were exceptionally detailed, extracting huge amounts of information from CD's and SACD's and sounded very musical in my system.  They The Shaman and Phrygian cables did best my VH Audio Pulsars by a bit, close to a toss up with the Elixer.  Interestingly, the Silver Fi's exposed a bit a veiling in the Pulsars, particularly of vocals, that hadn't been previously exposed by listening to other cables in my system. 

Highly enjoyable.  If you are considering some new cables, I encourage you to give these a listen.  Construction is top notch, very flexible braided cables, with quality RCA terminations.  The red velvet box they come in, is a nice touch.

Regards,

NB

silverfi

• Industry Participant
  • Closer To Music
    • SilverFi Cable
« Reply #64 on: 17 Oct 2006, 09:44 pm »
A recent feedback on SilverFi cables:

from Skip O./Reston-Virginia

His system:
Opera Droplet as CD transport,
Feeding a Monarchy Audio M24 DAC and linestage,
Nuforce Ref 8. power amp
Speakers: Gallo Reference 3, on Brightstar stands.
Cables: Magician Mark I and Phrygian Mark II interconnects
            Sufi speaker cable (3.0 meters pair)

The room is 17 feet x 14 feet x 8 feet, and well-damped.

"Dear Sezai,
Q- Any significant change during the break-in?

Yes, in fact. The Sufi seems more complete somehow. Hard to explain just what that means, but the result is that now, on my best CDs, I tend to slightly prefer the Magician Mk. I over the Andalusian Mk. II; but it's still true that both are the "right" interconnect for different recordings. If a CD sounds a little thin, as, in fact, most older CDs do, the Andalusian is just right, with its little bit of extra flesh.

Q- Have you had time to make a detailed comparision of Magician and Phrygian?   

Yes, but any differences in my opinion are mainly a function of having the Sufi SC.

Andalusian Mark II IC definitely sounds richer, while losing nothing to the Magician Mark I in terms of being "revealing". If I hadn't bought the Sufi SC, Andalusian would always be my preferred IC, because the Aural Thrills Active is a speaker cable with wonderful soundstaging and imaging, but less ...what? Body? Tone? Anyway, less than the Sufi. The Sufi doesn't need any help along those lines. The richness doesn't conceal any details, but the Magician + Sufi, given great inputs, makes music sound very slightly more like a real symphony or opera or what have you. Where I hear this is still mainly around orchestral crescendos.

The bass is different; Magician might be tighter while Andalusian is fuller. "Right" depends on the recording. Or, maybe, the time of day and the Washington DC power grid.

Both Andalusian  and Magician ICs have more in common with each other than with any other IC I've heard (which includes kilo$ examples, remember), and both sound better as well as just different, than all other ICs I've heard (Srajan Ebaen gets to compare them to Stealth Indras, and such... I can only be curious about how that comparison goes!). The difference between the two, as far as I'm concerned, is mainly a matter of balance; my system at this point seems to fit Magician if everything on the recording is just right, otherwise Andalusian would be preferred. If I remember correctly, that's exactly backwards from what you and I thought would happen, but that's hardly a problem!

With much appreciation,

Skip"

http://silverfi.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: 8 Nov 2006, 06:50 pm by silverfi »

silverfi

• Industry Participant
  • Closer To Music
    • SilverFi Cable
« Reply #65 on: 25 Oct 2006, 09:49 pm »
A SilverFi user M.T. sends his feedback on a Phrygian interconnect he auditioned.

"The Phrygian IC gives me the impression that the CD player and the preamp are no longer connected, but rather joined into one, for lack of better words. So this is the "real sound" of the CD player, I get to think…

The Phrygian IC brings the ultimate fullfilment to the definition of high-end,
that is, detail without harshness… Phrygian IC convinced me that the Bluebook CD format did indeed have the potential to sound completely musical, analog and glare-free…

But the best review to the Phrygian IC was given by my three and a half year old son. There is this one song that is one of my "current all time favorites" and I frequently listen to it. Before the Phrygian IC, he would remark that the music was "sad". When I was recently listening to the same song the son barged into the music room and tried to speak over the music. He seemed to have something really important to say to me. When he finally got his window of opportunity, that is, when I finally hit the pause button, he said "Dad, dad the music is much more sad now, its crying"..."

Sezai Saktanber
SilverFi Cable Atelier

« Last Edit: 6 Dec 2006, 12:43 pm by silverfi »

earlmarc

« Reply #66 on: 29 Oct 2006, 01:59 pm »
I feel now that the Black Series Spirit and Sorcerer are about broke-in. The Black Series IC's are a step up from the Purple Series. They offer outstanding resolution and transparency. They flow naturally with better balance and coherency. Images are better defined in the spatial soundstage. Dynamic transients are quicker, bass has better definition and punch. The kaleidocope of musical colors illuminate the backstage while the midrange stands front stage expressing its majestic tone and natural texture. Steve Sammit was by my place yesterday and commented, "That's it!" I agreed with Steve. My system certainly took another step toward "the real". I am at a loss for superlatives. I've run out of words about my fondness of Sezai's creations. Sezai is currently cooking-up MarkII versions of the Black Series.  :drool:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #67 on: 29 Oct 2006, 02:07 pm »
Sezai and earlmarc/Marcus....
   We used the Silverfi IC's and SC's during the Rave meeting yesterday....they performed well.
Then late nite ...with a few of us left, we compared IC's....the Silverfi came out on top....open, detailed....worked out great !! Excellent cable's. 8)

Chris

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #68 on: 29 Oct 2006, 02:21 pm »
   We used the Silverfi IC's and SC's during the Rave meeting yesterday....they performed well.
Then late nite ...with a few of us left, we compared IC's....the Silverfi came out on top....open, detailed....worked out great !! Excellent cable's. 8)

Chris

What other ic's were in the comparison Chris?

George

lonewolfny42

« Reply #69 on: 29 Oct 2006, 02:31 pm »

Chris

What other ic's were in the comparison Chris?

George
VH Audio....LAT....DH Lab's.....and another, forgot the name. All sounded - closed in - except the Silverfi. Gotta go....10AM appointment.
George....check them out....nice stuff....good price.

Chris

silverfi

• Industry Participant
  • Closer To Music
    • SilverFi Cable
« Reply #70 on: 29 Oct 2006, 02:41 pm »
Dear All

Mark II versions of The Black Series interconnects are ready to ship. Actually I should say that they are more than a Mark II version of the Black Series interconnects. I am inclined to think that they might be my best effort up to date. The best thing is the employment of a new and unique technique to change/design the sound in an aural continuum. Think these new models (there will be some new models) as a changing sound scala. Please take it as a colour chart going from green to dark blue (Mark II is in the middle of this chart). Now, I am able to design&fabricate additional models which are incrementally different/cooler or darker and maybe better. This seems a very good oppurtunity to design synergically different relatives of the existing models. Well words are not enough for these issues. As always, best way is to give them an audition.

Warmest regards.

Sezai Saktanber
SilverFi Cable
« Last Edit: 6 Dec 2006, 01:00 pm by silverfi »

BobRex

« Reply #71 on: 6 Nov 2006, 08:53 pm »
Okay, so what are the differences between these new offerings?  It was easy to keep track of your original triad, but I'm lost now....

How can one tell what's best for their application?  Harbouroftears?!?!?!?

silverfi

• Industry Participant
  • Closer To Music
    • SilverFi Cable
« Reply #72 on: 6 Nov 2006, 10:12 pm »
Okay, so what are the differences between these new offerings?  It was easy to keep track of your original triad, but I'm lost now....

How can one tell what's best for their application?  Harbouroftears?!?!?!?

BobRex,

Yes, you are right. I am also aware of the bottlenecks of unusual quantity of models and versions. Well I had to, they were not planned. They are all different and evolved during my journey to attain a better cable. But, frankly I also have many versions to my standard speaker cable models, like "Dark1"  "Lux2" etc...

Now, I think writing a detailed and comparative analysis of my cables' models became a necessity. One thing I should disclose: after mutual discussions which IC /SC might be better for a SilverFi user, we did not even had one misbalanced choice with my customers up to now. SilverFi users are all happy ones. If there would be any "mischoice" in future, I always offer an alternative to change the model according to the situation/feedback.

Harbouroftears.... yes. What an unusual and emotional cable name. So is my cable and in my opinion it has the same mood with Latimer's ethereal composition.

Warmest regards.

Sezai Saktanber
SilverFi Cable
« Last Edit: 8 Nov 2006, 06:49 pm by silverfi »

silverfi

• Industry Participant
  • Closer To Music
    • SilverFi Cable
« Reply #73 on: 8 Nov 2006, 09:16 am »
Dear All,

After introducing new models in Black Series, I have rearranged my IC models. Now, Elixir and Mojo are discontinued. SilverFi's current interconnect line up is given below:

BLUE SERIES INTERCONNECTS 

Shaman XI Mark II
Shaman  Standard Mark II

PURPLE SERIES INTERCONNECTS
Magician XII Mark II
Magician Standard Mark II

BLACK SERIES INTERCONNECTS
Spirit
Sorcerer
Moonshadow  Mark II

Warmest regards.

Sezai Saktanber
SilverFi Cable Atelier

« Last Edit: 22 May 2013, 06:21 pm by silverfi »

earlmarc

« Reply #74 on: 11 Nov 2006, 02:13 am »
My further listening to the Black Series Spirit and Sorcerer leads me to believe that Sezai has set the bar very high for other cables at their price point and way above. These cables are so transparent that they have no window to clean. They are very energetic with exciting dynamics and punch and capture every nuance of music with startling realism. I can't stop listening to them. Totally unbelievable!!!

silverfi

• Industry Participant
  • Closer To Music
    • SilverFi Cable
« Reply #75 on: 28 Nov 2006, 03:20 pm »
Dear All,

SilverFi now completes its models from the Black Series. With Black Series’ interconnects, the music simply flows with an organic ease and fluidity and sounds  wholistically natural; it’s the best serie from SilverFi.  Series' each unique and special silver-alloy strands, which differs for every other model and version, are being drawed and assembled by yours truly. The key qualities that emerge right away are coherence, transparency, purity, integration and a revealing deep fine-grained detail with amazing depth of tone.

Sezai Saktanber
SilverFi Cable

« Last Edit: 6 Dec 2006, 12:59 pm by silverfi »

silverfi

• Industry Participant
  • Closer To Music
    • SilverFi Cable
« Reply #76 on: 30 Dec 2006, 06:22 pm »
Happy New Year to all musiclovers...

SilverFi Cable
Sezai Saktanber

lonewolfny42

« Reply #77 on: 1 Jan 2007, 10:25 pm »
Sezai....
     Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2007.... :beer:

Chris

TheChairGuy

« Reply #78 on: 21 Jan 2007, 09:39 pm »
Sezai / silverfi,

I'm not sure why this was in the Intergalactic Wastebin....somebody probably thought that because there were no posts for over two weeks on it the tour was closed and it was moved.

Anyhow, I don't know where it was originally, but I've put it in Industry Ads if that works for ya' (where I think it should be).

Sorry - we're only human here  :(

John / TCG

silverfi

• Industry Participant
  • Closer To Music
    • SilverFi Cable
« Reply #79 on: 21 Jan 2007, 10:06 pm »
John,

Thank you very much for the swift action. If that is not against the administrative rules, I prefer this topic to be kept on AC.

Actually I intend to start the second leg of the SilverFi USA. Audition Tour for the new Black Series interconnects late next month to give AC members and music lovers an oppurtunity to try some new samples from the Black Series (9 models) and the B.S. Special Edition models (6 models totalling 15). They are not inexpensive like Blue and Purple Series but very interesting and worth to try.

Warmest regards.

Sezai Saktanber