Trash One Crap Song from History

Mag

Trash One Crap Song from History
« on: 17 Oct 2018, 04:23 pm »
Okay at work I have to endure streamed crap songs over the PA system. One song in particular I find extremely annoying and I hear it sometimes 3 or 4 times a shift. It taxes my mental endurance to the limit.

If I had the power I would erase this song from all playlists never to be heard again, though there are many others I'd like to trash as well.

The song 'Jackie Chan' by Tiesto & Dzeko, what crap that passes for music!!

So what One song would you like to trash from history never to be heard again?

mix4fix

• Facilitator
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Re: Trash One Crap Song from History
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2018, 05:04 pm »
Most current music is crap.

Occasionally, there is a an enjoyable Pop song. But, most is crap.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2018, 05:18 pm »
Most current pop music throughout all history is crap.

Occasionally, there is a an enjoyable Pop song. But, most is crap.

Fixed that for you.

To answer the original question, for me it would be James Taylor's Gaia.  Dear god is that a horrible, horrible song.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2018, 05:20 pm »
Get off my lawn!!! :thumb:

Gene

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2018, 05:21 pm »
But the truth is, most music is crap.   Beethoven was perhaps the greatest writer of symphonic music ever... and his great symphonies were #3,5,6,7,and 9.  His others are in the dustbin of history, mostly forgetable dreck.  Three hundred hitters are Hall of Fame in baseball and music. 

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2018, 05:26 pm »
Fixed that for you.

To answer the original question, for me it would be James Taylor's Gaia.  Dear god is that a horrible, horrible song.
Hey, I like that song!!!   Just goes to show.  I remember something an old guy told me when I was a much younger man.  "It's a good that the world is full of diversity, or we'd all still be chasin' the same blond cheerleader".  He was a vineyard guy, talking about grapes, but making a bigger point to me all those years ago. 

mix4fix

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 17 Oct 2018, 06:50 pm »
Get off my lawn!!! :thumb:

Gene

When I was a kid, we didn't have music! We had to bang on things to make sounds!

And, we were thankful to do it!

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2018, 07:01 pm »
When I was a kid, we didn't have music! We had to bang on things to make sounds!

Hey, when I was a kid, a long time ago (but obviously not as long ago as you), we thought we had music. But from hanging around here I now realize it was all crap. Good sounding crap but crap nevertheless.  :scratch:

Gene

mix4fix

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 17 Oct 2018, 07:03 pm »
Hey, I like that song!!!   Just goes to show.  I remember something an old guy told me when I was a much younger man.  "It's a good that the world is full of diversity, or we'd all still be chasin' the same blond cheerleader".  He was a vineyard guy, talking about grapes, but making a bigger point to me all those years ago.

Why not go for the brunet with the big bewbs?

asliarun

« Reply #9 on: 17 Oct 2018, 07:45 pm »
Songs that have excessive levels of auto-tune really put my teeth on edge. It has the same effect on me as dragging fingernails on chalkboard.

sounddog

« Reply #10 on: 17 Oct 2018, 08:28 pm »
But the truth is, most music is crap.   Beethoven was perhaps the greatest writer of symphonic music ever... and his great symphonies were #3,5,6,7,and 9.  His others are in the dustbin of history, mostly forgetable dreck.  Three hundred hitters are Hall of Fame in baseball and music."

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I can't agree that Beethoven's 1st, 2nd, 4th and 8th symphonies are anything even approaching "forgetable dreck" nor that they are relegated to the "dustbin of history." Most especially not the 4th symphony, which Berlioz described as "an angel singing at the gates of Paradise," nor the joyous 8th symphony. As just two examples, the New York Philharmonic is performing the 4th and the Atlanta Symphony is performing the 8th this year.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #11 on: 17 Oct 2018, 09:50 pm »
Beethoven's 4th is one of my favorites.  :D
As for songs with great mess up lyrics. Just go try any Weird Al Yankovic.
I own "Even Worse" and it is great fun.
Then you have Frank Zappa and the 'dreaded Yellow Snow" Nanook... etc.
And finally Mojo Nixon. "Root Hog or Die" with titles of songs like: "Debbie Gibson is Pregnant with my Two Headed Love Child" The other song titles are boring , but not the songs!

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #12 on: 17 Oct 2018, 11:01 pm »
Seems unfair to single out just one. I love music, but dislike most of it. That's why I don't own thousands of albums, and I could never imagine filling up hard drive space with terabytes of downloaded music.

But when it comes to forgettable dreck I could set my sights a LOT lower than Beethoven to find what I'm looking for.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #13 on: 17 Oct 2018, 11:24 pm »
Snoopy vs The Red Baron

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #14 on: 17 Oct 2018, 11:45 pm »

When I was a kid, we couldn’t even afford ‘sounds’. Living in our 1 room apartment in the basement of the public library we could only dream about banging on things to make sounds. We had to mime what we thought banging on things sounded like, that is on those days when we were actually strong enough to stand and wave our arms about. Miming ‘sounds’ was free.

Yessir, kids sure are spoiled these days... what was the question?

mix4fix

• Facilitator
« Reply #15 on: 18 Oct 2018, 03:27 am »
Music is like food. Popular music is like a classic grilled ham and cheese sandwich. Wonder bread, sliced ham, Kraft singles, grilled. Easy to make. Good for the soul. You can enjoy a few.

But, it seems like some people can't make the sandwich enjoyable (modern music a.k.a. auto-tune). And, some people just can't enjoy a sandwich (audiophiles).

decal

« Reply #16 on: 18 Oct 2018, 04:42 am »
A toss up between "Sister Golden Hair" and "Philadelpia Freedom". Both make me nauseous.

mix4fix

• Facilitator
« Reply #17 on: 18 Oct 2018, 06:48 am »
Usher - "Yeah"

MttBsh

« Reply #18 on: 18 Oct 2018, 07:26 am »
Any of those sappy Chicago, Journey (and other bands of the ilk) tear jerkers that just make me cringe. When my wife is in the car and they come on she gets really upset when I change the station - and it doesn't help when I tell her that I just can't stand them.

I think the curse of being a music lover is that crappy music is actually painful for us, most people don't seem to mind it, they even like it.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #19 on: 18 Oct 2018, 02:40 pm »
Remember "Demolition Man" movie? Where Sandra Bullock is singing advertisement jingles..