Connecting OB servo sub amps and OB speakers to Home Theater receiver

Rock Ball

Sorry, this newb can't search the forum yet for this info.

I will be upgrading my front L and R speakers in my home theater to OB speakers / sub combos.  For now, I will be connecting them to my Denon AVR-X6200W receiver.  I would like to know the best way to connect to the A370PEQ amp and OB speaker to the receiver.  (I found info on connecting the A370PEQ to the servo subwoofers.)

The receiver has a front L and R channel bi-amp capability in case that's needed.

Eventually, I want to add a 2-channel amp for the OB speakers, so suggestions on that will be helpful as well.

Thanks.

SoCalWJS

I have a Denon x4500h and am just using RCA splitters from the FL/FR RCA outputs. 1 goes to the amp for my speakers (Super 7’s), the other to the Plate Amp. I use a fairly small amp to the Speakers so there is little chance of overdriving them and use the Denon/Audyssey to adjust/set the levels after getting into the right ball park beforehand. I also don’t listen at “Gonzo” volumes that many HT people do. I’m also running 2 SW so I’m not stressing the Servo’s very much.

This is for HT. When I switch over to 2 channel, it takes a few minutes to switch over to a different Pre Amp/Amp combo. Different RCA cables already routed and swap the speaker cables to different Amp.

Not a solution for everybody, but works for me. I imagine there are other ways.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Sorry, this newb can't search the forum yet for this info.

I will be upgrading my front L and R speakers in my home theater to OB speakers / sub combos.  For now, I will be connecting them to my Denon AVR-X6200W receiver.  I would like to know the best way to connect to the A370PEQ amp and OB speaker to the receiver.  (I found info on connecting the A370PEQ to the servo subwoofers.)

The receiver has a front L and R channel bi-amp capability in case that's needed.

Eventually, I want to add a 2-channel amp for the OB speakers, so suggestions on that will be helpful as well.

Thanks.

With the Dennon as the only amp, you would connect the speakers to the Dennon's L&R speaker binding posts and the A370PEQ amps to the Dennon's L&R preamp outputs. I would not connect the OB subs to the Dennon's subwoofer output. The is the LFE channel. I've had issues where the sound effects from action movies in this channel have caused my OB subs to bottom out. I connect a  sealed HT sub to the subwoofer outputs.

The main speakers are set to Large/Full Range (whatever the Dennon calls it). If you set a crossover point for the main speakers, you will limit the bass signal to the OB subs. Then set the subwoofer in the Dennon to LFE only. Set up this way, the HT sub only plays when watching a movie with LFE content.

Mike

SoCalWJS

:duh:

Boy, did I misread your post. Ignore what I posted.

......but consider picking up a 2 channel amp.  :oops:

Rock Ball

Thanks for the info.  I'll give it a try when I get all of the OB stuff.