TBI Millenia MG3 Mk II amp tour-Round Two

OzarkTom

TBI Millenia MG3 Mk II amp tour-Round Two
« on: 24 Mar 2013, 06:19 pm »
We are starting a new amp tour with the MK II revision of the TBI Millenia amp. I want to thank Jan Plummer of TBI for further reseach on this amp, thanks to the reviewers here on AC. Jan has listened, and he has delivered. After listening, this could easily have been redesigned as a totally new amp but TBI has elected to call it a Mk II revision.

Instead of me saying anything this time, I will let the tour people do the reviewing. For those that own this fine amp, the $50 upgrade mod that Rex or the factory is now offering is a no brainer. The mod will kick your amp into hyper-drive. :thumb:

The tour is same as the last, ship on a Monday so the next person gets it for a whole weekend. But instead of shipping the 24v battery and charger, I will be shipping a 12v battery and charger. This way the fuse never gets blown and there will be no delays. Now this amp will be about 20 wpc. The AC power supply will be included to give the extra power if needed, but your most magic will be with the battery.

So lets start signing up members and getting this ball on the road. We will first start with Blackmore here in Missouri and head west first. The last time we started on the east coast. So sign up early if you are on the west coast so you don't miss the boat.

OzarkTom

Re: TBI Millenia MG3 Mk II amp tour-Round Two
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2013, 06:35 pm »
Second round tour signees . I will set the order when we get a dozen or so members signed up.

Blackmore (Mo)
Danny Richie  (Tx)
srclose (Ok)
Genjamon (Ks)
JohnCZ (Co)
mikeeastman (AZ)
Gregfisk (Wa)
ejfud  (Mn)
roscoeiii (Il)
raysracing(Oh)
Letitroll 98 (NJ)
rodge827 (NJ)
kbuzz3(NY)
Freo-1 (Ma)
poseidonsvoice (Nc)
JohnLL (Ga)
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2013, 11:57 am by OzarkTom »

kbuzz3

« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2013, 06:39 pm »
how do i sign up? thanks

OzarkTom

« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2013, 06:45 pm »
how do i sign up? thanks

You are now on the list.

kbuzz3

« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2013, 08:36 pm »
much obliged. Im east coast so i can wait until it makes its way back here...thanks again

OzarkTom

« Reply #5 on: 24 Mar 2013, 08:47 pm »
I had wondered if anyone had tried the TBI with Quads and here is a review from TNT audio.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/quad_988_e.html

I would be curious what he would say with the MK II version.

this_is_vv

« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 2013, 10:12 pm »
i have a triamped 3 way active speaker...if i want to sign up for this may i ask which side of speaker i can listen most difference....Tweeter or mid....if so i want to signup....

wisnon

« Reply #7 on: 24 Mar 2013, 10:49 pm »
Gosh,

I wish I could sign up, but I am in Europe. Good luck.

OzarkTom

« Reply #8 on: 24 Mar 2013, 10:53 pm »
i have a triamped 3 way active speaker...if i want to sign up for this may i ask which side of speaker i can listen most difference....Tweeter or mid....if so i want to signup....

Not sure on that one. If it was me, I would try it on the midrange, but it might not gel with your other amps.

brother love

« Reply #9 on: 25 Mar 2013, 01:52 pm »
Instead of me saying anything this time, I will let the tour people do the reviewing. For those that own this fine amp, the $50 upgrade mod that Rex or the factory is now offering is a no brainer. The mod will kick your amp into hyper-drive. :thumb:

Tom,  Very promising news for an already wonderful sounding integrated amp !  8)   Can you elaborate any on what the latest upgrade mods are ?

OzarkTom

« Reply #10 on: 25 Mar 2013, 01:58 pm »
Tom,  Very promising news for an already wonderful sounding integrated amp !  8)   Can you elaborate any on what the latest upgrade mods are ?

Top secret on this mod. I wish I could but I can't. But this is the best mod that I have heard in the last fourty years.

brother love

« Reply #11 on: 25 Mar 2013, 02:10 pm »
Top secret on this mod. I wish I could but I can't. But this is the best mod that I have heard in the last fourty years.

I see ... must keep the "secret herbs & spices" part of the recipe intact.  Regardless, for that minimal amount of coin, I will definitely get this MKII mod for my TBI MG3 amp.

Thanks for the update & happy listening for those on the tour !  :thumb:

Mister Pig

• "when pigs fly"
    • Affordable Audio/Positive Feedback Online writer
« Reply #12 on: 25 Mar 2013, 02:22 pm »
I have the MK II version on its way. I know what the modifications are.  :green: Looking forward to hearing this version of the amp. Fortunately I have the last version of the MK I amp on hand to compare it to.

Regards
Mister Pig

OzarkTom

« Reply #13 on: 25 Mar 2013, 04:50 pm »
I have had my amp on for sixty hours straight and is sounding better and better. So expect a break-in period. I have a MK I version sitting here, but there is no need to compare for me. The difference is very obvious.
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2013, 06:12 pm by OzarkTom »

genjamon

« Reply #14 on: 25 Mar 2013, 05:25 pm »
I'll sign up for the tour if there's still space. 

OzarkTom

« Reply #15 on: 25 Mar 2013, 05:30 pm »
I'll sign up for the tour if there's still space. 

I will mark you down tonight. You should be close to the front of the list when I get this organized.

There is now a dozen on the tour list, but I will take more. I will let this amp burn in the rest of the week and get it on the road next Monday. I am also waiting on a special  12v battery to come in before shipping.

JohnLL

« Reply #16 on: 26 Mar 2013, 01:40 am »
Please add me in if I am not too late. I am VERY curious after all the good comments I have seen. Thanks

mikeeastman

« Reply #17 on: 26 Mar 2013, 02:44 am »
I would like to get on tour, thanks.

Mike

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #18 on: 26 Mar 2013, 03:01 am »
I see ... must keep the "secret herbs & spices" part of the recipe intact. 

Aw, it's always just Thousand Island dressing anyway.

Thanks for putting me on the tour Tom, I guess I'll have to sit tight in NJ for a while, satisfied with the other 5 or 6 amps I have around here.  Enjoy westerners.

ncblue

« Reply #19 on: 26 Mar 2013, 10:41 pm »
If possible, I would like to join the tour when it heads east. I would love to compare to my Decware SE34I.3 single ended amp! Let me know. Thanks
Nat