..the next 3 months are bound to be the longest 3 months of my life

gammajo

es347 - You would be welcome to PM me about a visit to hear my 55's which I think now are fully broken in, and dialed in as to position, bass and ambience tweeter.
I have a friend who worked decades as a sound engineer with a major company dialing in large systems.  He had heard my VR5 Anni MK2's. He came over yesterday and heard the 55's and said "Joe, you need to find another expensive hobby - you are done here - the sound is fabulous and perfect! We also did an in room analysis and got very good response curve.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Hi Joe...tempting offer but one I can't take advantage of presently.  Physical issues preclude travel for the moment.  I'll ring you in the near future.  Thanks and very happy for your locating the Golden Fleece..

SundayNiagara

es347 - You would be welcome to PM me about a visit to hear my 55's which I think now are fully broken in, and dialed in as to position, bass and ambience tweeter.
I have a friend who worked decades as a sound engineer with a major company dialing in large systems.  He had heard my VR5 Anni MK2's. He came over yesterday and heard the 55's and said "Joe, you need to find another expensive hobby - you are done here - the sound is fabulous and perfect! We also did an in room analysis and got very good response curve.

Have you positioned the speakers according to HPs "rule of thirds?"

JackD201

Hope your back is better Gavin. Are you allowed to work your core and stretch your hamstrings? My back pain disappeared when I did.

How's THAT for hijacking?  :lol:

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
..you bet I do Jack...I have a regimen of exercises I do routinely...high jacking encouraged :-)

Holli82

Back on topic :nono:

I heard the 55's at the Newport show.  They are the real deal.  Deep and wide soundstage.  Very accurate.  Excellent speaker!

I have 9's and I love them.  The 55's are worth a listen.

Mountainjoe

• President & CEO Eigen Audio Dealer
    • Eigen Audio

Hi Joe - I feel the same way - still need some room tweaks but as far as my speakers and electronics are concerned, I feel I am done  :thumb:

Albert is going to visit in about three weeks time for an SF Audiophile Society event taking place at my house - will be interesting to get his take on the sound of my system compared to other systems using the VR-55 speakers - I certainly feel like I've hit audio nirvana  :green:

Cheers, Joe

gammajo

Joe, what a special privilege to have Albert visit your home! I bet your group will really enjoy the session. Glad you are feeling done for now with your 55s as well.