Bully without the amplifier

DonMcG

Bully without the amplifier
« on: 8 Jun 2024, 02:33 pm »
HI,

Can you order the Bully kit without the plate amplifier and add my own amplifier for the bass? I am assuming that the woofer stream has no crossover components.
I live in a country where the plate amplifier manufacturer for some reason will not ship to. So, I would like add my own amplifier and dsp to meld the woofer to the other mid and high frequency stream.
Thoughts and comments appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: Bully without the amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jun 2024, 03:16 pm »
No. The amplifier and the servo sub are a combined unit. The drivers only work as servo controlled drivers with the servo amps and vice versa

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: Bully without the amplifier
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jun 2024, 06:41 pm »
HI,

Can you order the Bully kit without the plate amplifier and add my own amplifier for the bass? I am assuming that the woofer stream has no crossover components.
I live in a country where the plate amplifier manufacturer for some reason will not ship to. So, I would like add my own amplifier and dsp to meld the woofer to the other mid and high frequency stream.
Thoughts and comments appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

As Mike mentioned, the servo woofer and servo amp are tied together and really make the bass performance of that model what it is.
Without the servo control, it wouldn't perform nearly as well, and will lose a fair bit of speed and bass extension.

If we used the same 12" woofer that is in the Brute, we can get a similar 94dB output, but with bass extension limited to about 50Hz, plus the crossover would have to change a fair bit to work with a passive woofer. Not to mention changes to the cabinet.

We can ship the Rythmik amps outside of the US, but if an issue does arise, you will have to send it back to us for servicing, and pay for shipping both ways.