Kloud 9 Interconnect demo tour list - free raffle

artofaudio

Re: Kloud 9 Interconnect demo tour list - free raffle
« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2024, 11:24 pm »
Steve,

I finally opened the box today.  They are built like my existing pair which are lightweight and well constructed.  My transport is not here yet so I was ready to ship to the next person.  However, I decided to order a WiiM Pro streamer. I was hesitant since I just had a 16k 432 EVO Master transport in my system, but what the heck, why not!  I have the latest version of the Synchromesh which will clean up the WiiM Pro.  I will test with the SM and without it.

Kloud9 cables
Test 1 - NAT Audio Single HPS amp with SM
Test 2 - NAT Audio Single HPS amp without SM
Test 3 - Odyssey Extreme SE Kismet amp with SM
Test 4 - Odyssey Extreme SE Kismet amp without SM
**Repeat tests with older generation silver cables in box.

audioengr

« Reply #21 on: 21 Jun 2024, 04:55 pm »
artofaudio - Ready to ship to the next reviewer?

Steve N.

Steve,

I finally opened the box today.  They are built like my existing pair which are lightweight and well constructed.  My transport is not here yet so I was ready to ship to the next person.  However, I decided to order a WiiM Pro streamer. I was hesitant since I just had a 16k 432 EVO Master transport in my system, but what the heck, why not!  I have the latest version of the Synchromesh which will clean up the WiiM Pro.  I will test with the SM and without it.

Kloud9 cables
Test 1 - NAT Audio Single HPS amp with SM
Test 2 - NAT Audio Single HPS amp without SM
Test 3 - Odyssey Extreme SE Kismet amp with SM
Test 4 - Odyssey Extreme SE Kismet amp without SM
**Repeat tests with older generation silver cables in box.

audioengr

« Reply #22 on: 21 Jun 2024, 05:55 pm »
Scott - artofaudio said he emailed you 3 times and never heard back from you.  Maybe went into your spam box?  The cables are en-route to you.

Steve N.

Looking forward to hearing them.    PM me with what you need from me.    :thumb:

underdawg2024

« Reply #23 on: 21 Jun 2024, 09:24 pm »
I did one of these years ago and joined a few of these also here, including one that we circulated CDs also. We had a lot of fun doing this. Glad to see it still here and running by others.

GentleBender

« Reply #24 on: 8 Jul 2024, 09:10 am »
I hope to see some impressions from folks on this cable soon.

audioengr

« Reply #25 on: 8 Jul 2024, 04:19 pm »
The second reviewer is almost done, so it's coming.  Look here for the reviews:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=99.0

Steve N.

I hope to see some impressions from folks on this cable soon.

artofaudio

« Reply #26 on: 11 Jul 2024, 02:31 am »
Steve,

I was the first one on the list and I apologize for the delay as I’ve been so busy lately.  I tested the Kloud9 cables only and not the secondary cables as I did not need them.  They are the typical of Steve’s work and are very flexible.  They fit my amp connectors very snug which I like.

As much as I respect the WiiM Pro streamer it’s not what I wanted as a source for this test, but that’s all I had to work with and the HiFi Rose RS-130 came too late.  The Synchromesh saved the WiiM Pro in my system.  I listened to it with and without the SM and I preferred the SM in the chain.  I hope  I’m not coming across as arrogant as the WiiM is a keeper and has its place, but not in my main system. 

The first thing I noticed is that the Kloud9 did not add any character such as extended highs or lows. Its greatest strength is the depth of the soundstage, and it is apparent as soon as you start the music.

The cables sounded better on my solid state amp than my tube amp even though my tube amp is superior.  Again, on both amps the depth and extension of the soundstage was very apparent.  The Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Horn speakers already produce a massive soundstage and the Kloud9 did not make the soundstage exaggerated but just thicker and even more realistic.

These are the best cables I’ve used in my systems so far and I’m sure Steve will price them reasonably.  I’m just not into Uber expensive cables as I’d rather upgrade a DAC or something else in the chain. I want to try the cables again with the Hifi Rose via loan or purchase.  I’m interested in hearing other’s experiences.  Thanks again Steve for letting me evaluate the Kloud9 cables.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #27 on: 11 Jul 2024, 05:23 am »
I've finished my evaluation and will send them along upon confirmation of address from the next guy on the list.  :thumb:

artofaudio

« Reply #28 on: 12 Jul 2024, 11:55 pm »
@S Clark, I look forward to your review. 

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King

audioengr

« Reply #30 on: 3 Aug 2024, 01:06 am »
Thank you, Lloyd, for the evaluation.  Third review is posted:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=189787.0

Steve N.

aljordan

• Astrophotography and DRC
« Reply #31 on: 6 Aug 2024, 01:34 am »
I received the Kloud 9 cables today. They are settling in and sounding good between the DAC and preamp. I'll write something up after a week of listening.

Alan

audioengr

« Reply #32 on: 17 Aug 2024, 09:02 pm »
Alan - Thanks for the very detailed review.  I plan to also make some balanced versions of the Kloud9 this fall.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=189787.0

As I said on my instruction page, they will require a few days of break-in.  This is typical of anything that is shipped.
It develops charge on the dielectrics, and this has to be dissipated over time.  This is why the best day to listen to
equipment and cables at shows is the last day.

Thanks,
Steve N.

I received the Kloud 9 cables today. They are settling in and sounding good between the DAC and preamp. I'll write something up after a week of listening.

Alan

Nick B

« Reply #33 on: 20 Sep 2024, 06:23 am »
Just an FYI that I received the cables a couple of days ago. I have the Kloud 9 between dac and preamp and want to listen to only that cable for a few days. Then I plan on putting in the 2nd pair. My current setup uses WyWires Sivle interconnects and speaker cables. SClark also uses WyWires as he mentioned in his review. The WyWires Silver is actually made of copper.

Nick B

« Reply #34 on: 14 Oct 2024, 06:08 pm »
I am late with my review, but will have it soon. Have been out of state attending a wedding and doing some sightseeing.