« Reply #2383 on: 22 Feb 2016, 11:21 pm »
No that's Rosewood - the 2 pair of Walnut are on the right. :thumb:

james

I see now, once I'm home...my work laptop isn't the best for pictures :duh:

bud1451

Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #2384 on: 26 Feb 2016, 12:55 pm »
James,

How are those beautiful Walnut Model Ts coming along?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2385 on: 26 Feb 2016, 01:09 pm »
James,

How are those beautiful Walnut Model Ts coming along?

I believe they are being shipped today.

James

duffy1212

« Reply #2386 on: 26 Feb 2016, 08:36 pm »
Hi James,
Any chance that the black Mini T's shown in the finishing booth are headed to Audio Advisor in Grand Rapids?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2387 on: 27 Feb 2016, 09:53 am »
Hi James,
Any chance that the black Mini T's shown in the finishing booth are headed to Audio Advisor in Grand Rapids?

Hi

I know we got some Mini T's in - I can check on Monday for you.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2388 on: 27 Feb 2016, 04:07 pm »
Hi Folks,

My Mini T's on my new MR Target stands with custom Mini T tops and with Outriggers and nickel Spikes  :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2389 on: 29 Feb 2016, 04:37 pm »
Hi James,

Hi

Checked and due to ship March 18th.

james
« Last Edit: 29 Feb 2016, 05:51 pm by James Tanner »

duffy1212

« Reply #2390 on: 29 Feb 2016, 05:51 pm »
Thank You James!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2391 on: 2 Mar 2016, 11:39 am »
Hi Folks,

Another great review on the Bryston A2 speakers by a listening panel.

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston A2 Speaker Review

March 2016

“The temptation is to look at their size and their beautifully understated finish, and expect the Bryston Model A2 to represent a high point in the art of speaker making.

They do have a lot to offer, especially detail, timing and impact. They can sound really exciting. That might make them well suited to rock music, but they also produced an orchestral image and depth that surprised me. I wouldn’t have thought you could do that with three pairs of drivers a side.”

Toby Earp

“If you’re looking for lightning-fast speaker response, rock-solid impact and crystal clear lyrics, you’ll find them all with this pair. If you also insist on precise imaging and more than decent depth, you’ll find it all here too.”

Albert Simon

“When money is scarce, I generally prefer small speakers to large ones. But small speakers have their own problems, and in a large room you may need to turn to full-sized speakers.

The speakers look terrific, and they mostly sound no less terrific.”

Gerard Rejskind
« Last Edit: 2 Mar 2016, 01:03 pm by James Tanner »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2392 on: 2 Mar 2016, 02:14 pm »
SUBJECT: Bryston A3 Speaker – Distributor Comments

March 2016

Hi James,

Three (3) wonderful products arrived at PMC from Bryston recently.

We’ve just run up the Bryston A3 speakers and we’re really excited. They sound great and they offer a lot of performance for the money.

The Cubed amps are amazing. So much smoother, greater depth and height information. It all sounds so much more “real” A big thank you to whoever came up with this improvement. We are measuring substantially lower THD at high frequencies (always a good sign) and the common mode rejection of the balanced inputs is almost 20dB better……incredible results!

The BDA-3 blows the BDA-2 out of the game. So much more detail, smoother and well-judged overall balance.

Thank you,
Peter Thomas
Managing Director

pmcd

« Reply #2393 on: 3 Mar 2016, 06:00 am »
SUBJECT: Bryston A3 Speaker – Distributor Comments

March 2016

Hi James,

Three (3) wonderful products arrived at PMC from Bryston recently.

We’ve just run up the Bryston A3 speakers and we’re really excited. They sound great and they offer a lot of performance for the money.

The Cubed amps are amazing. So much smoother, greater depth and height information. It all sounds so much more “real” A big thank you to whoever came up with this improvement. We are measuring substantially lower THD at high frequencies (always a good sign) and the common mode rejection of the balanced inputs is almost 20dB better……incredible results!

The BDA-3 blows the BDA-2 out of the game. So much more detail, smoother and well-judged overall balance.

Thank you,
Peter Thomas
Managing Director

Wow the BDA3 must really be something as I'm not% Bryston      BP26,MPS2,BDA1,7BSST2,BIT20 and B&W802D's and have a pretty good ear and the BDA1 did'nt really do much for me but hearing that the 3 is such a game changer it my be something I should look to get to the next level that we are all striving for.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2394 on: 3 Mar 2016, 05:15 pm »
Hi James,

It's being a while, about 5 months (close to 2000 hours) now since getting my model T Signatures. I would like to share my thoughts on how they sound against my (EDIT) on 2 channel music.

I have a very difficult room, in a basement. It's 16x16 foot with, a 7 foot 2" suspended ceiling. I have done major work on the room trying to make it more speaker friendly. It has major sound proofing, double dry wall with green glue in between, acoustic paneling, and bass traps in the corners. For my front end, I am using a high end Esoteric CD player, Esoteric preamp and Esoteric 2 channel amp. Over the past 6 years i have been lucky enough to own/test a variety of (edit) speakers. Certain (edit) speakers like the (edit) sounded great in my friends houses, but not so good in mine.

In My room, the (edit) are very detailed/transparent, providing a 3D soundstage on good recordings. They reveal all the good and bad in recordings. Unfortunately much of the not so good recordings become irritating on the (edit). Even average recordings would be ok for a limited listening time. But, good recordings were just outstanding. In my room the (edit) always sounded a bit too lean with not enough bass. The only way to get enough bass was to run a 10" sub with them. But I did not like how the sub sounded with the (eit). I have had a number of people over to try and figure out how to fix my bass problem. Everyone was at a loss. Even my dealer came over and could not believe what he was hearing. We finally narrowed it down to a a major floor bounce suck out in the 60-80 Hz range.  James you had explained this phenomenon in the Bryston loudspeaker thread on speakers with a single bass driver. I had also tried a number of high end cables/and mid range cables, to aid in taming them. My best taming the top end, came with using a pair of Manley Snapper tube amps. But, the Bass was still lacking.

I had heard the Model T Passive version when they first came out. I did like the bass/midrange, but thought the top end was lacking the detail I wanted. So I continued to look. A few years later and a few more (edit) models, I decided they weren't the speaker for my room. Knowing that Bryston had changed the tweeters, I decided to give the Model T Signatures a go this time. The outboard crossover would provide me with numerous cable tweaking opportunities, to each individual driver, plus the option to go fully active in the future.

I ran the speakers for up to 10-15 hours a day at different volume levels. I took about 120 hours before the bass started to loosen up. The high end seemed a bit congested up to about the 175 hour mark, and then slowly more detail began to emerge. The speakers started to sound good around the 250 hour mark.  The first thing I noticed was how much fuller (a bit too much) and warmer the model T sounded in my room. They seemed to fill the room completely. I finally had the bass I was lacking, but it was a bit loose. They still were not as detailed and transparent as my (edit). I invited over a friend who can hear grass grow, to get his opinion We found the cables that worked the best on the (edit) did not sound as good on the Model T's. To bring out more detail and transparency we turned off the up sampling on my esoteric CD player and changed the digital filter option. That made a big difference in the top end detail and openness, but the bass was still a bit loose. So i decided to experiment with speaker cable options. I ended up with running DH labs Q10 silver Sonic bi-wired in to the crossovers (bass and mid) with a q10 jumper from the mid to high, and then Q10 out of the crossover in each binding post on the speakers. This cable opened up the top end more, and also provided a touch more detail, without sounding bright. The bass also tightened up nicely.

What is my Decision?

The (edit) speakers are no doubt very detailed and transparent, but will show all the warts in music. I have heard these in a friend’s house with tube amps and they sounded really great. But in my room they were too bright and fatiguing. Also they use a transmission line bass that some people may not like.

The Model T Signature's (after my adjustments) are still not as detailed and transparent, but now come much closer to the (edit). They have a huge soundstage. They are still fuller and warmer but less so, in a good way, now that I changed the cable to the Q10.  There is also zero listening fatigue. I also find you can turn up the volume higher and they do not fall apart. The fullness seems to make average recordings sound better, and bad ones tolerant. I also found these speaker sound much better for surround sound duty (I also have the Model T Center) than my (edit) did. Oh, the bass, did I say I really like the bass on these I no longer even think of adding a sub.

As other people have said, these speakers provide very good bang for the buck. I am comparing them to speakers that cost almost 3 times as much. Are they as good – maybe no, but they sure get very close. In my case the room was the factor, and the Model T's just was a better fit for my listening ear. So, i ended up keeping the Model T's. 

Adol290

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2395 on: 12 Mar 2016, 06:57 pm »
Hi Folks,

Two new systems in place in sound rooms 2 and 3.

Room 3 has my new white Model T Signatures getting ready to test our new dedicated digital electronic crossover and room 2 has my new pair of Bryston 7B Cubed amps ready to rock and roll. :thumb:

james

Mag

« Reply #2396 on: 12 Mar 2016, 07:19 pm »
May I suggest 'Riding on the Wind by JP' see if those trinkets stay on top of the speakers. :thumb:

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #2397 on: 12 Mar 2016, 10:04 pm »
Hi James,

It's being a while, about 5 months (close to 2000 hours) now since getting my model T Signatures. I would like to share my thoughts on how they sound against my (EDIT) on 2 channel music.

I have a very difficult room, in a basement. It's 16x16 foot with, a 7 foot 2" suspended ceiling. I have done major work on the room trying to make it more speaker friendly. It has major sound proofing, double dry wall with green glue in between, acoustic paneling, and bass traps in the corners. For my front end, I am using a high end Esoteric CD player, Esoteric preamp and Esoteric 2 channel amp. Over the past 6 years i have been lucky enough to own/test a variety of (edit) speakers. Certain (edit) speakers like the (edit) sounded great in my friends houses, but not so good in mine.

In My room, the (edit) are very detailed/transparent, providing a 3D soundstage on good recordings. They reveal all the good and bad in recordings. Unfortunately much of the not so good recordings become irritating on the (edit). Even average recordings would be ok for a limited listening time. But, good recordings were just outstanding. In my room the (edit) always sounded a bit too lean with not enough bass. The only way to get enough bass was to run a 10" sub with them. But I did not like how the sub sounded with the (eit). I have had a number of people over to try and figure out how to fix my bass problem. Everyone was at a loss. Even my dealer came over and could not believe what he was hearing. We finally narrowed it down to a a major floor bounce suck out in the 60-80 Hz range.  James you had explained this phenomenon in the Bryston loudspeaker thread on speakers with a single bass driver. I had also tried a number of high end cables/and mid range cables, to aid in taming them. My best taming the top end, came with using a pair of Manley Snapper tube amps. But, the Bass was still lacking.

I had heard the Model T Passive version when they first came out. I did like the bass/midrange, but thought the top end was lacking the detail I wanted. So I continued to look. A few years later and a few more (edit) models, I decided they weren't the speaker for my room. Knowing that Bryston had changed the tweeters, I decided to give the Model T Signatures a go this time. The outboard crossover would provide me with numerous cable tweaking opportunities, to each individual driver, plus the option to go fully active in the future.

I ran the speakers for up to 10-15 hours a day at different volume levels. I took about 120 hours before the bass started to loosen up. The high end seemed a bit congested up to about the 175 hour mark, and then slowly more detail began to emerge. The speakers started to sound good around the 250 hour mark.  The first thing I noticed was how much fuller (a bit too much) and warmer the model T sounded in my room. They seemed to fill the room completely. I finally had the bass I was lacking, but it was a bit loose. They still were not as detailed and transparent as my (edit). I invited over a friend who can hear grass grow, to get his opinion We found the cables that worked the best on the (edit) did not sound as good on the Model T's. To bring out more detail and transparency we turned off the up sampling on my esoteric CD player and changed the digital filter option. That made a big difference in the top end detail and openness, but the bass was still a bit loose. So i decided to experiment with speaker cable options. I ended up with running DH labs Q10 silver Sonic bi-wired in to the crossovers (bass and mid) with a q10 jumper from the mid to high, and then Q10 out of the crossover in each binding post on the speakers. This cable opened up the top end more, and also provided a touch more detail, without sounding bright. The bass also tightened up nicely.

What is my Decision?

The (edit) speakers are no doubt very detailed and transparent, but will show all the warts in music. I have heard these in a friend’s house with tube amps and they sounded really great. But in my room they were too bright and fatiguing. Also they use a transmission line bass that some people may not like.

The Model T Signature's (after my adjustments) are still not as detailed and transparent, but now come much closer to the (edit). They have a huge soundstage. They are still fuller and warmer but less so, in a good way, now that I changed the cable to the Q10.  There is also zero listening fatigue. I also find you can turn up the volume higher and they do not fall apart. The fullness seems to make average recordings sound better, and bad ones tolerant. I also found these speaker sound much better for surround sound duty (I also have the Model T Center) than my (edit) did. Oh, the bass, did I say I really like the bass on these I no longer even think of adding a sub.

As other people have said, these speakers provide very good bang for the buck. I am comparing them to speakers that cost almost 3 times as much. Are they as good – maybe no, but they sure get very close. In my case the room was the factor, and the Model T's just was a better fit for my listening ear. So, i ended up keeping the Model T's. 

Adol290

Adol290 :  Good to (edit) that you're (edit) with your new (edit ). Great to finally be able to just plunk yourself down on your (edit) and enjoy some (edit) without worrying about all the pain in the (edit) sound issues you've been dealing with. Nobody needs that ( edit ) (edit ).

So to sum up, ( edit ) (edit) (edit), PMC (edit ).  :green:

D.D.

dallyd31

« Reply #2398 on: 26 Mar 2016, 01:23 am »
Hey James

I was looking at the tweeters on my middle T's.  I noticed there is a removable metal screen.  When I remove this there is a small clear plastic disc in the inside of it.  Is that suppose to be there ?  And if so, is it for dispersion ? 
Also, it's generally regarded that speakers sound best with the grills removed.  Does this apply as well for the metal screens over the tweeters ?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2399 on: 26 Mar 2016, 01:43 am »
Hey James

I was looking at the tweeters on my middle T's.  I noticed there is a removable metal screen.  When I remove this there is a small clear plastic disc in the inside of it.  Is that suppose to be there ?  And if so, is it for dispersion ? 
Also, it's generally regarded that speakers sound best with the grills removed.  Does this apply as well for the metal screens over the tweeters ?

HI

Yes the plastic disc is important as well as the screen. It greatly improves the off axis dispersion of the tweeter.

james