James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #2120 on: 31 May 2015, 02:04 pm »
TO: Bryston
A1 speaker

I would just like to say that I and my family REALLY enjoy your Bryston  A1 speakers. 

The speakers have brought all of our favorite musisians and new artists closer to our hearts at an affordable price.

Thanks
Roger Kidner

zorro99

Re: Bryston Loudspeakers how about using a different tweeter?
« Reply #2121 on: 2 Jun 2015, 12:49 am »
Folded ribbon tweeters are starting to appear in a number of well known speakers.  What are the chances we will see this speaker as an option on Bryston Speakers in the future?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2122 on: 2 Jun 2015, 07:25 am »
Folded ribbon tweeters are starting to appear in a number of well known speakers.  What are the chances we will see this speaker as an option on Bryston Speakers in the future?

Hi Zorro

Not likely in our speakers as we are trying to provide as wide and as flat an on and off axis response (both vertically and horizontally)  as possible on our speakers and dome tweeters work better in that regard.  Ribbons have good dispersion horizontally but vertically once you move above or below there physical length the radiation pattern suffers.

james

FireGuy

« Reply #2123 on: 2 Jun 2015, 01:21 pm »
Hi Zorro

Not likely in our speakers as we are trying to provide as wide and as flat an on and off axis response (both vertically and horizontally)  as possible on our speakers and dome tweeters work better in that regard.  Ribbons have good dispersion horizontally but vertically once you move above or below there physical length the radiation pattern suffers.

james
I've heard this tweeter in a "well known, higher end" brand (med) floor stander design.    I tend to agree with the above description given in the environment it was in.  Could it change in your room?  Possibility, but overall the presentation I heard was flat and with little extension.
« Last Edit: 2 Jun 2015, 03:08 pm by FireGuy »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2124 on: 8 Jun 2015, 12:26 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston – Model A2 Top Performance

June 2015

Hi Folks,

The Bryston A2 speaker got front page billing in this months issue of Canada Hi-Fi Magazine!

TRULY IMPRESSIVE PERFORMANCE!

Please see the link below for the full review.

http://canadahifi.com/bryston-model-a2-loudspeakers-review/

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2125 on: 11 Jun 2015, 02:13 am »
SUBJECT: New Bryston Mini Ts - Great speakers

“I recently installed a pair of Bryston Mini Ts.

I had been looking for new speakers for some time, but I hadn't been able to find the right ones for the location. The location, in this case, is a cabinet in my living room that provides only enough room for a set of small speakers - mounted horizontally. At one point, I almost bought a set of full size speakers, intending to just put them on the floor in front of the cabinet, but I discarded the idea for practical reasons - they would have been in the way and I would have been navigating around them forever.

So, after a long search, I talked to my dealer about the Mini Ts. They appeared to be perfect in terms of size - in fact they fit so well it became a tough job to get them in place. The shelf is up about 6 feet in the air, so the work has to be done on a ladder, and the fit is so tight I can barely fit a hand in around the speakers. At about 40 lbs each, they are a hefty speaker for the small size.

The best part of the story is that the Mini Ts sound great.

In fact, most of the time, I forget about the small size of the boxes. I am still trying to get some playing time on the speakers. They should break in a little, although, I must say, they sound good right out of the box. The first thing I noticed is how true the sound is. They are accurate, but still very musical. They whole frequency range is reproduced smoothly without any noticeable peaks. I will post a better analysis of the sound once I have let them play for a while.

In summary, I can highly recommend the Bryston Mini Ts. They look good and sound very good.”

Woodlander
California

gene9p

« Reply #2126 on: 11 Jun 2015, 02:11 pm »
for your consideration:

two pair of Mini T"s in black Ash were listed on AGON. I purchased one pair..the other 7 months old also from a reputable seller is still available. He is upgrading to Middle T's. .  :D
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2015, 02:22 am by gene9p »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2127 on: 12 Jun 2015, 08:57 pm »
Review link - https://app.box.com/tone-mini-T-review

james

Hi James

Andre here - just wanted you to know that that I have purchased the review pair of the Mini T's.

gene9p

« Reply #2128 on: 13 Jun 2015, 01:32 pm »
what review were the pair you purchased in?  :D

were they ones in the Tone magazine review from page 106?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2129 on: 13 Jun 2015, 02:46 pm »
what review were the pair you purchased in?  :D

were they ones in the Tone magazine review from page 106?

Hi Gene

Yes the Tone Review - it is quite the endorsement when the reviewer purchases the speakers for his own system.  That has occurred 4 times now so far (Middle T's Mini T's, Mini A's and A2's).

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2130 on: 14 Jun 2015, 12:48 pm »
Bryston A2 Speaker getting some serious recognition in Malaysia :thumb:

SUBJECT: Bryston Demo – June 8th 2015

El Hefe's HiFi Reviews

Had a demo on the Bryston A2 Speaker and BHA-1 as a pre amp... superb !

AV Design in Kuala Lumpur have just received quite a few new items from Bryston. Some will be show cased in the upcoming KLIAV show in JW Marriot in July.

I managed to experience some of these items recently in their show room in Bangunan Rohas Perkasa in 2 channel stereo, 5.1 HFPA audio and 7.1.2 Dolby ATMOS movie.

1. Bryston Model TC-1 Centre Speaker
2. Bryston Model A2 Speakers in front
3. Bryston BHA-1 newly updated headphone amp (now comes with a balanced pre out)

On 5.1 HFPA, the A2 and TC-1 performed superbly. Very well distribution of various sounds from the sample track. Trumpet was melodic through the centre speaker and the whole experience was very uplifting. Punchy and extended bass with quite refined mids and highs.

On Dolby ATMOS 7.1.2 duty, the Bryston just keep on smiling delivering a very convincing performance to cater for home theatre duties as well.  Excellent demo room.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2131 on: 15 Jun 2015, 01:08 pm »

TEXT:

Top designers routinely choose Bryston’s Model T floorstanding loudspeakers to anchor dedicated home theater systems for clients worldwide. Now the finest sound can be built into the wall. We proudly introduce the Model T Cinema Inwall Loudspeaker.

By leveraging features found in our floorstanding flagship, we’ve developed one of the most capable loudspeakers for dedicated home theater rooms possible. Seven drivers in a three-way configuration are capable of up to 120dB of output without dynamic range compression while maintaining exceptional clarity and tonal neutrality. Most in-wall loudspeakers sacrifice power response, but not ours. By placing the drivers slightly forward of the wall on our robust baffle, a more realistic soundstage with precise imaging is created for more seated listeners than usual.

Install the speakers in an extended 6” deep stud bay by screwing them directly into the studs. The baffle sits on top of your existing drywall. They’re fully sealed with 3/4” thick back boxes to both control bass and minimize transmission of sound to other rooms in the house. The front baffle is 1 1/2 inches thick and the cabinet is internally braced making it nearly inert so that all you hear are the drivers.

Matching In-wall Cinema Center, Surround, and Subwoofers are planned and will be basedupon existing very successful T Series and A Series models including the TC1, Mini T, and A1 loudspeakers.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2132 on: 15 Jun 2015, 04:52 pm »
Hi Folks

Got our first German Review on the Bryston A1 Mini Speaker in Fidelity Magazine  - will translate as soon as I can.

Have PDF if anyone wants - jamestanner@bryston.com

Hi Folks - thanks to Alex some translation:

Hi James - They say that these speakers are truly awesome!

Given its size they have a great dispersion. so where ever the listener is located in the room the sound is always just 'there'. an outstanding three - dimensionality and space around each song no matter what genre is playing. and for those who always have trouble to get the sweet spot right...no problem for the Bryston speakers.

They find that it is not always necessary to place them on speaker stands - a place in a shelf can do the trick as well. if someone wants more bass then a additional sub could help here but they feel that the bass of the Mini A's is a class of its own.

Alex

« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2015, 09:44 pm by James Tanner »

AJAudio

• The sweet sound of music...
« Reply #2133 on: 16 Jun 2015, 01:41 am »
That is a good point/question...

How does the Mini-T perform on a shelf ?

My setup would place each of them near a corner at about 12 to 18 inches from the back and about 12 inches (max) from the side.

Listening would be near field.  Having a "listening triangle" of about 6 feet.

(If it changes anything, they would be driven by a BP26/4BSST2 combo...)

Thank you for your input!

Take care!

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #2134 on: 16 Jun 2015, 11:37 am »
hi, AJ!

the reviewer says that it has to be a shelf that is stable enough of course. so if someone has not enough space to use stands a shelf is worth to try to place the Mini A speakers there because they have the ability to produce a wide soundstage :thumb:

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2135 on: 16 Jun 2015, 12:33 pm »
Hi

I think AJ was asking about Mini T not Mini A but the same principle applies - the Bryston speakers have very wide and even polar response so placement is not as critical as with some other types of speakers.

james

gene9p

« Reply #2136 on: 16 Jun 2015, 12:54 pm »
The Mini A's I had were very easily placed. My Harbeth P3ESR's and B&W sigs need to be carefully placed to produce their best sound.

Mini T's arriving tomorrow!!.  :green:

scirica

« Reply #2137 on: 16 Jun 2015, 01:26 pm »
Congrats Gene! My Model T's are still in the build phase but hopefully coming soon!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2138 on: 17 Jun 2015, 10:19 am »
SUBJECT: Bryston Middle T Speaker – Customer Feedback

June 2015

Hi James,

I am the dentist who sat with you for awhile listening to the Middle T’s.  I am the one with the Tannoy Ardens and Quad 57’s. 

I bought the speakers from the show through Hi-Fi Center in Vancouver and bought a new BP 26 preamplifier and power supply as well. 

I love the speakers! 

They are effortless to listen to at any volume and I do not get fatigued at all.  I especially like the quality of the base.  At times I seem to feel it in my chest.  I was wondering:  would there be any benefit in adding the Model T or Mini T subwoofer or is that more of a home theatre application?  What do you notice when the response gets down to 25 Hz and 18 Hz?

Cheers
Sandy McFarlane

gene9p

« Reply #2139 on: 17 Jun 2015, 08:30 pm »
Mini T's arrived..double boxed...The seller took exceptional care in packaging and delivery  :green:

and now for serious break in time  :thumb: