Bryston Loudspeakers

bobNL

• Some say he's a purist
Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #1200 on: 18 May 2013, 05:39 pm »
Hi Al,

We certainly had a lot of interest and Holland has come on board immediately.

james

Now that is what I call good news  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Bob

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1201 on: 18 May 2013, 07:44 pm »
Hi Folks – as promised another terrific review of the Bryston ‘mini t’ loudspeaker!!!!

http://www.blu-raydefinition.com/hardware/bryston-mini-speakers-review.html

James

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1202 on: 19 May 2013, 03:23 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Customer Feedback - Bryston Model T Speakers

May 2013

Music Provides Joy

"Hi James

I just heard your Model T speakers at the Bryston dealer local to me - Audio Emporium near Milwaukee, WI.

They sounded really dynamic and did a great job recreating a big symphonic piece the dealer had queued-up.

Very "fast" speakers with a full low end.

I suspect these will only continue to grow in popularity as more people hear their sound.

Fantastic value!

Congrats and cheers."

Karl

gil99

« Reply #1203 on: 21 May 2013, 12:39 am »
Hi James,
What will be the choice of the basic wood finishes and price for the Model T signature and is the external crossover included in the price.  Thank you

Gilles
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Signature Speakers – WOOD ONLY

Hi Folks:

IMPORTANT:

Please be advised that going forward the Bryston Model T ‘Signature’  Speakers will only be available in real WOOD finishes (no vinyl)

The ‘Passive’ version of the Model T will continue to be available in both Vinyl or Wood finishes.

We still have a few Vinyl Signature series units available so please let me know if you have any interest in these last few.

Regards,
James Tanner
Bryston Ltd.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1204 on: 21 May 2013, 12:55 am »
Hi James,
What will be the choice of the basic wood finishes and price for the Model T signature and is the external crossover included in the price.  Thank you

Gilles

Hi

The standard finishes are Natural Cherry, Boston Cherry and Black Ash.  There are custom finishes available as well at a premium.

The Signature external crossovers are an extra $1000 the pair list.

James
« Last Edit: 21 May 2013, 10:54 am by James Tanner »

Samurai7595

« Reply #1205 on: 21 May 2013, 11:13 am »
My living room is 11' x 13' with an 8-foot ceiling.  It's a typical living room with furniture and no room treatment.

I'm looking for a pair of speakers with good, powerful bass that will not sound boomy in this room.  Would I be able to use a pair of the Bryston Middle T floor standing speakers or should I be looking at the Bryston Mini T bookshelf speakers instead?

My current music system is a Linn Akurate system with the Linn Akurate 4200 power amp which is 4 channels at 200W into 4 Ohms (111W in 8 Ohms).

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1206 on: 21 May 2013, 11:47 am »
My living room is 11' x 13' with an 8-foot ceiling.  It's a typical living room with furniture and no room treatment.

I'm looking for a pair of speakers with good, powerful bass that will not sound boomy in this room.  Would I be able to use a pair of the Bryston Middle T floor standing speakers or should I be looking at the Bryston Mini T bookshelf speakers instead?

My current music system is a Linn Akurate system with the Linn Akurate 4200 power amp which is 4 channels at 200W into 4 Ohms (111W in 8 Ohms).

Hi Samurai

I think the Middle T would work well.  It goes deeper than the mini t - or the mini t and a Sub would be the option. It really depends on how low you want the low frequencies - the mini t has superb bass down to 40Hz.

james
« Last Edit: 21 May 2013, 02:28 pm by James Tanner »

Samurai7595

« Reply #1207 on: 21 May 2013, 04:53 pm »
Hi Samurai

I think the Middle T would work well.  It goes deeper than the mini t - or the mini t and a Sub would be the option. It really depends on how low you want the low frequencies - the mini t has superb bass down to 40Hz.

james

James,

Can the Bryston Middle T speakers be bi-amped?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1208 on: 21 May 2013, 04:55 pm »
James,

Can the Bryston Middle T speakers be bi-amped?

Yes bi-amped or bi-wired. :thumb:

james

Samurai7595

« Reply #1209 on: 21 May 2013, 05:11 pm »
Yes bi-amped or bi-wired. :thumb:

james

Excellent, thanks!  :D

jaylevine

« Reply #1210 on: 22 May 2013, 01:32 pm »
Only select Bryston dealers - not all.

james

James,

Do you have any new info on availability of Model-T Active in the US (I live in VA but could travel to WashDC/Maryland/North Carolina to audition them since I live mid-state).

Thanks

Jay

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1211 on: 22 May 2013, 02:46 pm »
James,

Do you have any new info on availability of Model-T Active in the US (I live in VA but could travel to WashDC/Maryland/North Carolina to audition them since I live mid-state).

Thanks

Jay

Hi Jay

I am still working on the Active crossover - doing the final blind listening tests.  I would say we are still about 3 months off.  I am recommending that customers interested in the Active Model T purchase the Signature version and we will trade out the passive external crossover for the Active crossover when they are ready.

james

jaylevine

« Reply #1212 on: 22 May 2013, 04:48 pm »
Hi Jay

I am still working on the Active crossover - doing the final blind listening tests.  I would say we are still about 3 months off.  I am recommending that customers interested in the Active Model T purchase the Signature version and we will trade out the passive external crossover for the Active crossover when they are ready.

james

Thank you. Do you have any info on where I could audition them? The Bryston website does not list any speaker dealers in VA/MD/NC?

Jay

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1213 on: 22 May 2013, 04:53 pm »
Hi Jay

I have not opened anymore US dealers in the 2 months as we are selling all we can make.  The closest dealer for you for audition would be :

Audio Emporium
8766 N. Deerwood Dr. Brown Deer, WI 53209
Ph: 414-354-5082

Ask for Dave

jaylevine

« Reply #1214 on: 22 May 2013, 04:59 pm »
Hi Jay

I have not opened anymore US dealers in the 2 months as we are selling all we can make.  The closest dealer for you for audition would be :

Audio Emporium
8766 N. Deerwood Dr. Brown Deer, WI 53209
Ph: 414-354-5082

Ask for Dave

Wow, you must carry like ten mobile devices given the speed you respond :D Pretty impressive given I've read you have a 'day job'.

Will have to wait until you start selling on the east coast--Wisconsin is like 1,000 miles away (I live in Richmond VA). Maybe the release of the active signatures will dove tail with the setting up of someone in Virginia and/or North Carolina or Maryland.

BTW: Own an 4BSSTsq, BP26 and Bryston BD1 (DAC)--love my stuff. It is wired to Maggie 3.7s and two Rel Subs--even my wife loves the setup (looks) and sound (what really matters). This is saying a lot re: her original shock has now given in to bragging about my system when we have family and friends over!!!!

Jay

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1215 on: 22 May 2013, 05:24 pm »
Wow, you must carry like ten mobile devices given the speed you respond :D Pretty impressive given I've read you have a 'day job'.

Will have to wait until you start selling on the east coast--Wisconsin is like 1,000 miles away (I live in Richmond VA). Maybe the release of the active signatures will dove tail with the setting up of someone in Virginia and/or North Carolina or Maryland.

BTW: Own an 4BSSTsq, BP26 and Bryston BD1 (DAC)--love my stuff. It is wired to Maggie 3.7s and two Rel Subs--even my wife loves the setup (looks) and sound (what really matters). This is saying a lot re: her original shock has now given in to bragging about my system when we have family and friends over!!!!

Jay

Well you are obviously a very intelligent guy with superb taste!!!!

james

jaylevine

« Reply #1216 on: 22 May 2013, 06:55 pm »
Well you are obviously a very intelligent guy with superb taste!!!!

james

Well, I do have superb taste but my wife might argue about who has the most intelligence in the family (based on many inputs over 28 years I'd be inclined to agree with her :lol:)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1217 on: 26 May 2013, 01:18 pm »
DEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Customer Feedback - Bryston Model T Passive Speakers

Sent: Sunday, May 26 2013

“Good morning James,

Just a few observations from the first few hours with the Bryston Model T speakers. I haven’t had nearly enough time with them but in my experience what we perceive in the first little while dosen’t tend to change too much.  For sure James they really are quite unlike anything I have owned.

Firstly, these are very warm and musical speakers in the best possible way whilst they reflect all that is happening in a recording they do not do it in a cold or clinical way this is far preferable over “audiophile” speakers and the recent trend to tilt the treble up in an etched manner. The bass is indeed well extended and “quick” transients are preserved and well served. I have measured useful response down to 20hz, indeed these are full range speakers.  The highs at first caused me some puzzlement I was not sure I was getting the full measure of the treble. This was put to rest while listening to some of my reference classical pieces. High frequency instruments such as bells were placed PROPERLY in the soundstage while other speakers tended to push them forward. While I do not think this is the most refined tweeter, most apparent on rock recording and cymbals, I believe it is a perfect match for these speakers and their overall coherence which is about as good as it gets in dynamic speakers. In terms of dynamic range one of your stated goals was to limit compression and I think this goal has been met. No speaker has unlimited dynamics as we know but the Model T is certainly in the top tier of this parameter indeed full range symphony recordings are superbly reproduced this is a great speaker for fans of Mahler’s somewhat overwrought symphonies. Susskind’s reading of Jupiter from Holst’s Planets (listening in DSD) is a true joy to listen to on these speakers.

The sound-staging is a revelation in this size speaker and price point. Depth is rendered in a wonderful manner and the layering within that depth is appropriate, well sized and accurate. This is a true revelation as other speakers the equal of these are at a much higher price point sometime 3 to 4 times as much. What you have achieved, re your design goals, will be a game changer James. As these become better known there will be a lot of sleepless nights for speaker designers and marketing departments in those other companies. Kudos to you sir.

To sum up these are superb transducers that punch well above their rather silly cheap price point. These speakers have the potential to truly shake up the high end industry and THAT is something that is long overdue.”

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1218 on: 28 May 2013, 11:03 am »
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2013 9:25 PM
To: James Tanner
Subject: Re: Passive/active demo

Hi James,

Thanks for the Passive vs Active demo of the Model T speaker.

Again like I said  the demo proved how insanely good the passive Model T's are. They are the best speaker in the world for the money period.

The active version was more transparent. I felt I could walk between, reach out, and touch the musicians. The bass was deeper, tighter, and more controlled.

Both passive and active image like crazy. So not much diff there.

The positive attributes of the active system came with perhaps a small compromise, a less user-friendly tonal balance for nasty recordings. But hey, aren't audiophiles gonna buy these things, that's always been part of the package if you want the ultimate in performance.

Maybe by offering the user a bad recording (or customizable) switch on the front panel of the x-over would give the user the best of both worlds.

Mark Jones
Whitby Audio Video

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1219 on: 31 May 2013, 12:10 pm »
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013
To: jamestanner@bryston.com

Hi there,

I continue to be astounded by the performance of the Model T, even in my sub-par configuration. :-)

Having passed the "get them working as quickly as possible" stage, I'm starting to make adjustments.

Thanks again for all of your efforts in helping me personally, and in developing the Model T in general! Much appreciated!

Dan