Bryston Loudspeakers

werd

Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #780 on: 3 Dec 2012, 05:58 pm »
Yes in that the original Model T's were a custom pair of Active speakers for me and I use them now for all my listening tests.

james

Here's a really tough question. Would your model-Ts be different in speaker config if the bda1 was used. Or would there have been any differences in the final speaker.

P.s

You got your bda2 priced too cheap.  At 2300 you are almost giving it away...lol.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #781 on: 3 Dec 2012, 06:00 pm »

Here's a really tough question. Would your model-Ts be different in speaker config if the bda1 was used. Or would there have been any differences in the final speaker.

P.s

You got your bda2 priced too cheap.  At 2300 you are almost giving it away...lol.

No the speakers would be what they are regardless - I was just looking for a speaker that would be as neutral as possible.

james

werd

« Reply #782 on: 3 Dec 2012, 06:11 pm »
No the speakers would be what they are regardless - I was just looking for a speaker that would be as neutral as possible.

james

That's good to hear.  :thumb:

ATM your Mini Ts have my interest also. Not to mention I know I can get them on trial from pulseworks due to move ability. Are you selling stands with them?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #783 on: 3 Dec 2012, 06:40 pm »
That's good to hear.  :thumb:

ATM your Mini Ts have my interest also. Not to mention I know I can get them on trial from pulseworks due to move ability. Are you selling stands with them?

Yes we are going to do a Custom Stand for the Mini t's.

james

werd

« Reply #784 on: 3 Dec 2012, 10:16 pm »
The stands look nice. Do you get the outboard passive xover with Mini-Ts also?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #785 on: 3 Dec 2012, 10:47 pm »
The stands look nice. Do you get the outboard passive xover with Mini-Ts also?

No - just the internal crossover.

james

Marius

« Reply #786 on: 4 Dec 2012, 07:46 am »
Hi James,

Yesterday you've sent us mail about the external Crossover in the signature modelT. Not yet on this board? Please could you explain how to connect this crossover to the amps? How to connect Hi, mid, and lows on the crossover to the single outs on the amps?

Adding to that, if I want to keep the 10b sub crossover for my Rel B1 ( model t's don't go that deep don't they?) would that make any difference in hooking up?

Thanks,
Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #787 on: 4 Dec 2012, 12:59 pm »
Hi James,

Yesterday you've sent us mail about the external Crossover in the signature modelT. Not yet on this board? Please could you explain how to connect this crossover to the amps? How to connect Hi, mid, and lows on the crossover to the single outs on the amps?

Adding to that, if I want to keep the 10b sub crossover for my Rel B1 ( model t's don't go that deep don't they?) would that make any difference in hooking up?

Thanks,
Marius

Hi Marius

On previous page (39) there is a picture of the cable setup for you.

The Model T measures flat to 25 Hz but you can still use a 10B and Sub if you wish.

James

werd

« Reply #788 on: 4 Dec 2012, 01:17 pm »
Hi Marius

The Model T measures flat to 25 Hz but you can still use a 10B and Sub if you wish.

James

So can you use a 10b in place of the outboard xover? Or do o have to use both when using the 10B?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #789 on: 4 Dec 2012, 01:24 pm »
So can you use a 10b in place of the outboard xover? Or do o have to use both when using the 10B?

You can use Both the 10B and the Passive outboard crossover with the Model T Passive or Signature.  You have to use the new Bryston AX1 Digital crossover with the Model T Active (replaces the external passive crossover on the Signature) but you could still add a Sub to the Model t Active if you wanted using the 10B

james

Marius

« Reply #790 on: 4 Dec 2012, 01:38 pm »
HI James,

You mailed this pic of the crossover

and it has 3 l and r (tweeter, midrange and woofer) in - and outputs.... My amps only have 1 left and right. On page 39 i do see several cable go into the crossover, but how are they connected to the amps?

Thanks!
Marius

ps crossover looks amazingly Bryston  :thumb:

Hi Marius

James

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #791 on: 4 Dec 2012, 01:49 pm »
HI James,

You mailed this pic of the crossover

and it has 3 l and r (tweeter, midrange and woofer) in - and outputs.... My amps only have 1 left and right. On page 39 i do see several cable go into the crossover, but how are they connected to the amps?

Thanks!
Marius

ps crossover looks amazingly Bryston  :thumb:

The amp and crossover would use a cable like this -

So 2 sets of connectors at the amp end (Spade and Banana) and 3 sets of Bananas (Woof/Mid/Tweet) at the passive crossover end.

james

Marius

« Reply #792 on: 4 Dec 2012, 02:53 pm »
wait, i'm confused, sorry James  :oops:  :oops:
I use the  bryston 28b;s , so Ineed two mono cables don't I? from single +/- to triple +/- per channel. Would you provide for these cables too? And, would I need one of these crossovers for each channel  :scratch: :scratch: Don;t see any left /rights....

Marius

adol290

« Reply #793 on: 4 Dec 2012, 04:28 pm »
Marius,

Yes you get 2 crossovers 1 for each speaker.

On the output from each 28b you would use the 2 cables james showed in post 791. See the right side of the picture.  the four connectors would plug into the +/- and +/- on the back of the amp(you have 2 outputs on the back of the 28b). The six connectors would plug into the INPUT on the crossover +/- low, +/- Mid, +/- high. Then another 3 cables are required to connect the six OUTPUTS of each crossover to the low,mid,high on the speaker.

Marius

« Reply #794 on: 4 Dec 2012, 05:05 pm »
Ok, hadn't thought of the double outs on the 28s, great!

And James, it wouldn't by any chance be possible to have the active crossover built with an active/passive selectorswitch, thus preventing customers to have to buy 2 crossovers, once in passive for the signature Model T, and once when upgrading to active Model T's?

And please, will the active crossover have a 10bsub built in, or, in other words, will the active crossover enablemthenuse of a sub, for the sub-bass...?

Thanks,
Marius

Marius,

Yes you get 2 crossovers 1 for each speaker.

On the output from each 28b you would use the 2 cables james showed in post 791. See the right side of the picture.  the four connectors would plug into the +/- and +/- on the back of the amp(you have 2 outputs on the back of the 28b). The six connectors would plug into the INPUT on the crossover +/- low, +/- Mid, +/- high. Then another 3 cables are required to connect the six OUTPUTS of each crossover to the low,mid,high on the speaker.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #795 on: 4 Dec 2012, 06:17 pm »
Ok, hadn't thought of the double outs on the 28s, great!

And James, it wouldn't by any chance be possible to have the active crossover built with an active/passive selectorswitch, thus preventing customers to have to buy 2 crossovers, once in passive for the signature Model T, and once when upgrading to active Model T's?

And please, will the active crossover have a 10bsub built in, or, in other words, will the active crossover enablemthenuse of a sub, for the sub-bass...?

Thanks,
Marius

No the Active Crossover is a DEDICATED ELECTRONIC crossover for the Model T and building in a Passive network as well is not possible - they are simply different animals.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #796 on: 5 Dec 2012, 01:32 pm »
Hi Folks,

Just finalizing the Bryston Model t mini speaker.

Below is an anechoic chamber graph comparing the Model T with the 'mini t' - you can see other than not as much bass capability the mini t mirrors the excellent in room power response and frequency accuracy at the larger Model T.

james

Samurai7595

« Reply #797 on: 6 Dec 2012, 12:10 am »
Yes we are going to do a Custom Stand for the Mini t's.

james

James,

What will be the suggested Canadian retail price for a pair of the Bryston Mini-T speakers (black) + Bryston custom stands (black)?

Also, which Bryston amp would be your minimum recommendation to drive these speakers efficiently in a 12' x 14' room?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #798 on: 6 Dec 2012, 12:15 am »
$2550 a pair to start for the mini t speakers and not sure on the stands yet.

James

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #799 on: 8 Dec 2012, 06:47 pm »
Ernie Fisher – INNER EAR REPORT

My listening test so far — that is with 7B SST Squared, Aesthetix and Allnic amplifiers — has shown to me that the Model Ts are one of the very rare designs that, because of it's own high rating of neutrality, lets one hear all backup components.

In addition, they sound better than some of the mega-buck brands we all know.

Price/performance is way out of whack — something like 20/100%.

Be proud Bryston . . .