X-LS Encore kit

DDK66

X-LS Encore kit
« on: 12 Feb 2020, 05:16 pm »
I recently received my X-LS Encore kit with all upgrades and everything looks great! I also ordered the flat pack kit from Peter Rawlings.
Any tips or words of advice for building the kit, this is my first speaker kit.
All comments appreciated!
David

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: X-LS Encore kit
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2020, 05:27 pm »
Welcome David :thumb:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2020, 05:58 pm »
Hi David,

I’ve never built a kit, but you chose well. Welcome to Audio Circle.  :D

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2020, 06:29 pm »
First of all, DDK, thanks and welcome to AC.

I'm probably jaded, but best advise I can give is take you time. Assemble dry to develop a game plan so when you start gluing up there's a clear path to the goal line. Run screws in and out of the crossover mount holes before assembly to ease installation later. And something I realized just recently is NoRez is easier to install if temp is a little higher. Temps in my shop are low 60's this time of year and after I installed NoRez I aimed a hair dryer in the box for a for a minute or two and applied pressure again. The adhesive is pressure sensitive and wants to be intimate with the MDF  :thumb:

Last bit of advise is ask questions if you're in doubt. Much good advice to be had here.

DDK66

« Reply #4 on: 14 Feb 2020, 05:44 pm »
Thank you Peter for all the tips and advice!  I'm sure I will have more questions as I go, so I appreciate being a part of the AudioCircle.
DDK66