Poll

How many members are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia Washington area?  Who's out there?

Yes, let's get together and share some love for Music, Equipment and Food!
22 (81.5%)
Yes, let's gather once in a while and show off our stuff!
5 (18.5%)
No, too much rain, I am NOT going out!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???

mca

Re: PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???
« Reply #20 on: 1 Oct 2016, 04:03 pm »
I live in Kirkland and have a few toys that I would be willing to haul around. Vinnie Rossi DHT LIO, Dehavilland 845 monos and a pair of NOS Valves VRD amps. Would love to hear some other setups as well. I would host but I have a small room and an even smaller house!

JakeJ

« Reply #21 on: 1 Oct 2016, 04:40 pm »
Wow! Cool beans, MCA.  Definitely would love to hear the LIO and the DeHavillands.

Perhaps in a future gathering I could be talked into bringing the VAC gear.  Sorry, not hauling the PMC EB1i's over, you wanna hear those you'll have to make the trip.  :D

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #22 on: 1 Oct 2016, 04:59 pm »
Hey guys, I live in Gig Harbor and would like to get together with other audio types to enjoy this hobby with. I can bring my Dennis Had Inspire amp and preamp. They are small and easy to move around.
Jeff

Sonny

« Reply #23 on: 1 Oct 2016, 07:03 pm »
Hey guys, I live in Gig Harbor and would like to get together with other audio types to enjoy this hobby with. I can bring my Dennis Had Inspire amp and preamp. They are small and easy to move around.
Jeff

Jeff, me too!

We should have a one on one!  I am off Hunt, you?

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #24 on: 1 Oct 2016, 07:10 pm »
Hi Tuan, I'm off Peacock.
Jeff

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #25 on: 2 Oct 2016, 05:20 pm »
Hi all,

Looks like we have a few people that can make it. Let me know what Oct. 22nd looks like for everyone, it's a Sat. which I would think works better for people who are driving a ways. We could probably start earlier in the day for those people as well.

MCA and HCB, if you would like to bring some of your gear over that would be great! That goes for anyone else too, it's always fun to listen to different equipment. HCB, it looks like you will finally get to hear those Super V's. I think you just bought some OB speakers? You'll have to give your comparisons to the rest of us.

Jakej, we can figure out some food for everyone, I like to cook as well so we can come up with a menu of sorts.

Tuan, thank you for making the effort to get people together around here. I have been meaning to do just that for a few months now but just didn't get to it.

Really looking forward to meeting some of you, it's good to put faces to the people we communicate with on this board.

alexscotti

« Reply #26 on: 2 Oct 2016, 07:01 pm »
I just moved to Seattle yesterday from NYC. My gear is all still being shipped. Happy to see this thread!

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #27 on: 2 Oct 2016, 10:47 pm »
Thanks for hosting Greg and yes l'm looking forward to hearing your Super V's. Haven't bought OB speakers yet, but did just sell my Magnepans. I'm out of town for a couple more days, so will check when home about schedules as to if the 22nd will work.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #28 on: 3 Oct 2016, 07:05 am »
I just moved to Seattle yesterday from NYC. My gear is all still being shipped. Happy to see this thread!

Hi alexscotti,

Welcome to Seattle and the West Coast!

You are more than welcome to attend if that works for you, no equipment necessary.

JakeJ

« Reply #29 on: 4 Oct 2016, 02:15 am »
The 22nd is open for me at this time.  Do we have a start time?

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #30 on: 4 Oct 2016, 04:08 am »
I'm over in Port Townsend but presently having car problems so my attendance could be a problem. Maybe next time. :(
I do have some gear which I would have liked to hear in the context of another system.(Mhdt DAC, Tortuga LDR passive pre.,Modded Heathkit tube monoblocks) Greg, I'd love to hear your Super V's too.

Roy

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #31 on: 4 Oct 2016, 04:15 am »
I'm over in Port Townsend but presently having car problems so my attendance could be a problem. Maybe next time. :(
I do have some gear which I would have liked to hear in the context of another system.(Mhdt DAC, Tortuga LDR passive pre.,Modded Heathkit tube monoblocks) Greg, I'd love to hear your Super V's too.

Roy

Hi Roy,

We can do this again for sure, sorry your'e having car problems I hate when that happens. I have a MHDT Havana but don't have it at this house. I could bring it home for next time if that's what you have.

I was on the same tour you were with the original Tortuga and just didn't like it with my Butler 2250 amp. I think you have a newer one now so it would be fun to try again.

I would also like to hear all the tube amps I can, that is really what I want to get "I think" but guess I'll figure that out down the road. 

I just noticed I said my pre amp and not the amp I was using at the time, probably a bit confusing :scratch:
« Last Edit: 7 Oct 2016, 06:40 am by gregfisk »

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #32 on: 4 Oct 2016, 04:15 am »
The 22nd is open for me at this time.  Do we have a start time?

Hey jakej,

Really glad you can make it. I was hoping I might get a little more feedback on whether people can come or not on that day. Let's wait a couple of days and see who chimes in. I'm open regarding time and just want to make sure a few people can show up.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #33 on: 5 Oct 2016, 02:51 am »
O.K. guys, I'm sure you have to check in with the other half but it would be good to get a count on who can come. If it's only jake j that's fine but it seemed like several of you were interested. Sonny, HCB, mca?

We can always do another day and in fact, I plan on doing these every once in awhile anyway. But let's see if this day can work or Sunday of that weekend if that's better.

If you can't make it let me know that too and we'll figure out another day...

Thanks Guys,

Greg

JakeJ

« Reply #34 on: 5 Oct 2016, 03:37 am »
I agree with Greg, if a different date is better for greater attendance then great!  My schedule is flexible but that relies on lead time.  Speak up, do we need to move this to the 29th or Nov. 5th?  I get the impression any later date will not work for many as the holiday season starts getting into full swing.  Speaking of that it's likely that I'll be in the Puget Sound area over the post-Christmas to pre-New Years period and so could attend a weekday G2G.

Jake

Sonny

« Reply #35 on: 5 Oct 2016, 03:43 am »
The 22nd is good for me!  Looking forward to it!

Sonny

« Reply #36 on: 5 Oct 2016, 03:49 am »
Greg, I take it there's no vinyl?  Can I bring some of my interconnects to compare with your other others?

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #37 on: 5 Oct 2016, 03:58 am »
Greg, I take it there's no vinyl?  Can I bring some of my interconnects to compare with your other others?

Hi Sonny,

Glad you can make it, I don't have my vinyl rig set up right now so that's off the table (no pun intended). You are welcome to bring any cables you like. I have long speaker cables and RCAs to my amps which are next to my speakers. It's a good 20' for both to the far speaker and amp. I use banana plugs but can also use spades with both my amps.

Sonny

« Reply #38 on: 5 Oct 2016, 04:03 am »
Greg, thanks for the info.  What cable are you using from source to pre and how ong is that?

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #39 on: 5 Oct 2016, 05:17 am »
Greg, thanks for the info.  What cable are you using from source to pre and how ong is that?

Hi Sonny,

I know you make cables but the truth is I have not been convinced "yet" they make much of a difference. I use Mogami star quad cables for my interconnects and my speaker cables. The cables from my source to pre are probably about 2' and my cables from my pre to midrange/tweeter amp is probably 3' or so. Like I said the amps for my 12" servo subs on the super v's are about 25' away along with my speakers cables.

I would really like to here a difference and I believe my system is very revealing but I just have not been able to with my limited tries of changing cables.