Alternate uses for damping pads from original Hal-O tube dampers...

gstew

• Everything Matters!
Four places I've used them to good effect...

1. On the motherboard mounting posts in my computer music server. Cleaned up hash top-to-bottom.

2. On the mounting posts for circuit boards. Same effect as above.

3. On various parts of base of my ET-2.5 tonearm, such as the cueing lever & the VTA Adjustment lever holder.

4. Best one... around a nude Vishay resistor. Warmed that puppy right up!

Of course, if you've moved up to the newer dampers, the Hal-O's make good interconnect, RCA plug, speaker cable, & power cord dampers too. Effect is not as dramatic there (in my system) as on tubes, but still worthwhile.

I see they are still available on the page for these dampers.

Highly recommended!

Greg in Mississippi

P.S. Trying to damp circuit boards & motherboards was one of the few times I've achieved 'over-damping'. Having the damping pads on the posts AND additional ones wedged under the boards (or felt under the boards as AltaVistaAudio does on their Counterpoint mods) made the sound dull and slow-sounding. Just use the damping pads on the posts.

gooberdude

Nice work dude.

I've always wanted to suspend & damp some things & could never figure out the perfect product. somewhere i have quite a few of the older herbies dampers. 

How many of us have 100's if not thousands of $'s worth of 'things, bits, tweaks, etc' just sitting around gathering dust?  i do!

gstew

• Everything Matters!
Glad you like this.

Altho highly off-topic (forgive me Herbie, for I have sinned), the other 're-use' application that made a very good difference for me was after seeing a post on using ferrite clamps on the power cords of the non-audio RF-noise generators in your house... TV's, DVD players, any appliance with a digital display, etc. I had a bunch left over from trying them on my audio equipment power cords (and never liking them there). But I got immediate positive results using them around the house as above.

Greg in Mississippi