CES?

PhilNYC

CES?
« on: 14 Dec 2004, 01:54 pm »
Who's planning on attending CES?  Any interest in planning an Audiocircle get-together?

Mike Dzurko

• Industry Participant
CES?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2004, 02:38 pm »
ACI will be exhibiting in 1810 Alexis Park. I hope to meet/see many ACers at the show. I'd certainly drop into a GTG if time permits.

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
CES
« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2004, 02:58 pm »
VMPS Ribbon and Ampzilla 2000 will be at the St Tropez rm 1607.  Dolly the Lamb will be in attendance.

8thnerve

Eighth Nerve and Stereovox
« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2004, 03:42 pm »
Eighth Nerve will be exhibiting our new product line with Stereovox in Alexis Park room 1607.

Hope to see you all there.

TheChairGuy

CES?
« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2004, 04:59 pm »
Phil,

I'm only coming in for an extended day there....I look forward to meeting you, Nathan/8thNerve, Mike/ACI and seeing Brian/VMPS again (I promise not to spit on your all-conquering Wadia/Krell  :wink: )...as well as other AC suppliers and members.

John / TCG

audioengr

CES?
« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2004, 06:18 pm »
Empirical Audio will be in our same suite #1203 at the St. Tropez.

This year we will be featuring our PC-driven audio.  Also, Turbomodded JC-1 monoblocks.

See you there!

Steve N.

CIAudio

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.ciaudio.com
CES?
« Reply #6 on: 15 Dec 2004, 04:48 am »
We'll be at the San Tropez, Room 2005, with demos of our new D-100 Class D Monoblocks and ModWrights new tube preamplifier, also our new VHP-1 Headphone Amplifier. Hope to see you all there!

-Dusty-

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
CES?
« Reply #7 on: 15 Dec 2004, 06:49 am »

TheChairGuy

CES?
« Reply #8 on: 15 Dec 2004, 10:07 am »
The 'highend' exhibits are held at two venues. The first, the Alexis Park Hotel, is part of CES. The second, T.H.E. Show, held at the St Tropez and San Remo hotels, was sponsored by a company not affiliated with CES.

http://www.the-expo.net/

RoadTripper

Registration
« Reply #9 on: 15 Dec 2004, 03:46 pm »
My wife and I have our room reservations so we plan to attend. What is the normal registration approach you guys take? Does it cost a fee to get in, or what?

Is there a difference between the CES and the International CES. The website calls the show the International CES.

TheChairGuy

CES?
« Reply #10 on: 15 Dec 2004, 04:20 pm »
International CES is free (CES is just a shortened name for it) if you do it well before the show - don't know if it's free at the Convention Center in Vegas.  Website should have all those details worked out.

T.H.E. Show is also free and you can register at the entrance(s) to the two hotels they are at.

Red Dragon Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.reddragonaudio.com
CES?
« Reply #11 on: 15 Dec 2004, 07:17 pm »
I think today is the deadline to get FREE passes.  After the deadline they are $75 each.

CHeck the website for more detailed information.

Mad DOg

i'll be there...
« Reply #12 on: 15 Dec 2004, 09:03 pm »
i'm gonna be there...looking forward to meeting the rest of you guys!  8)

John Casler

CES?
« Reply #13 on: 15 Dec 2004, 11:08 pm »
So far, I know I'll be seeing my man DOg, a Beaver, Dolly the Lamb, and maybe even a Lone Wolf!!!!

More like a petting Zoo.

See Y'all there (probably hanging around the VMPS room much of the time)

RoadTripper

Help
« Reply #14 on: 16 Dec 2004, 03:01 am »
I am trying to register for the show on line and some questions have come up. The registration process makes the assumption that I am representing my company, which of course is absurd since I work for a defense contgractor and I just wanna hear good stereos.

So, am I doing something underhanded by trying to register as if my company cares at all about consumer electronics? Is it the case that I really shouldn't expect to get a free pass for the show?

And what about how I go about registering my wife? Are they going to mail me my badge at my work address? If so, how is that going to work for my wife who doesn't work anywhere?

Maybe I am all screwed up, but I get the feeling that I am going about this wrong.

Can somebody straighten this rube out?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
CES?
« Reply #15 on: 16 Dec 2004, 04:15 am »
Quote from: John Casler
So far, I know I'll be seeing my man DOg, a Beaver, Dolly the Lamb, and maybe even a Lone Wolf!!!!

More like a petting Zoo.

John,
    Funny that you mentioned petting....most petting will be
over here ! :lol: [/list:u]
    Are you sure you'll be at the VMPS room... :P [/list:u]

Mike B.

CES?
« Reply #16 on: 26 Dec 2004, 06:05 pm »
CES is a audio video insiders conference. Not open to the public. If you enter through the lobby of the Alexis or at the Convention Center, you will not be allowed to enter without credentials. When you go to the registration booths, you will be asked for your name and a business card. I guess the card is just further proof? The Alexis is easy to circumvent because all you need do is not inter through the lobby. Just walk down the side or rear and enter the grounds. I doubt anyone will question you about your registration I.D. Badge. The Show, which is adjacent to the Alexis, is not as demanding and again, you can just enter the grounds via the side or rear if you don't want to go through registration.

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
CES
« Reply #17 on: 28 Dec 2004, 07:53 pm »
Hi Guys,

Since we sell direct to the consumer (no dealers) and the consumers are not allowed in the show, it doesn't makes sense for GR Research to Exhibit. I always go though, just to support our clients, meet with venders and other manufacturers, and other industry members.

If any of you guys are getting together or want to hook up shoot me an e-mail.